how do i delete the update android 11 file that downloaded in to my phone and not installed?

Search This thread

sn10+

Nov 22, 2022
Hi
by mistake i downloaded the android 11 file that was in the bar.
i didnt install it, but every day i get the massage and reminder to install it.
how do i get rid of it and delete it from the device?
thanks.
SM-N975F

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Turn off the firmware update program, then the intrusive notifications will end.

shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.wssyncmldm

You won't remove the downloaded firmware because it's in an inaccessible location.
Does a factory reset purge it? Where is it store, which partition?
com.wssyncmldm is a menace, the first thing I disable🤣 It avoids a lot of trouble.

sn10+

Nov 22, 2022
Turn off the firmware update program, then the intrusive notifications will end.

You won't remove the downloaded firmware because it's in an inaccessible location.
where do i insert this commands?i should install something first in my computer?

ze7zez

Recognized Contributor
com.wssyncmldm is a menace, the first thing I disable🤣 It avoids a lot of trouble.
I do not know if factory reset removes ota update, but after the reset the intrusive message is not displayed.
There are a huge number of partitions and I don't care where ota update is placed. The most important thing is that after disabling com.wssyncmldm the battery consumption decreased from about 6%/h to 0.8%/h.

I'm still on android 10 and have no intention of changing anything until the phone's life is over.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I do not know if factory reset removes ota update, but after the reset the intrusive message is not displayed.
There are a huge number of partitions and I don't care where ota update is placed. The most important thing is that after disabling com.wssyncmldm the battery consumption decreased from about 6%/h to 0.8%/h.

I'm still on android 10 and have no intention of changing anything until the phone's life is over.
More curiosity than anything else about how it works.
com.wssyncmldm might as well be malware as it has almost every permission there is. I consider it a very dangerous app. Yeah it runs constantly and sucks battery.
Android 10 is far better than 11 as scoped storage isn't fully active. I have 2 N10+'s, one running on 9, the newer one running on 10. I prefer Pie. Security simply isn't an issue with either. Project lifespan for my Notes is another 2-3+ years, the firmware will likely never be updated. Just change batteries.

I'm not pleased with Google or Samsung's lack luster recent performance in the last 3 years. No sign of it getting better. I don't care as I really like the N10+ and even the S22U is only marginally faster by milliseconds for most tasks but gets far worse SOT. My 4G unlimited data plan is grandfathered and has enough bandwidth to stream HD vids plus with a 1tb SD card I can go nuts. Only cloud app I use is Gmail🤣 No variable refresh rate display means better SOT and color/gamma accuracy/calibration which are far more important to me than "buttery smoothness". The cams are pretty good too.
So why pay big bucks for a less functional device with a crappier, heavier form factor with the spen on the wrong side? .
The N10+ remains a joy to use. Not even close to being bored with it. If I had to buy a phone right now, it be another N10+... never thought would prefer a 3yo phone, yes well...

Reactions: ze7zez

ze7zez

Recognized Contributor
com.wssyncmldm might as well be malware as it has almost every permission there is. I consider it a very dangerous app. Yeah it runs constantly and sucks battery.
Android 10 is far better than 11 as scoped storage isn't fully active. I have 2 N10+'s, one running on 9, the newer one running on 10. I prefer Pie. Security simply isn't an issue with either. Project lifespan for my Notes is another 2-3+ years, the firmware will likely never be updated. Just change batteries.

I'm not pleased with Google or Samsung's lack luster recent performance in the last 3 years. No sign of it getting better. I don't care as I really like the N10+ and even the S22U is only marginally faster by milliseconds for most tasks but gets far worse SOT. My 4G unlimited data plan is grandfathered and has enough bandwidth to stream HD vids plus with a 1tb SD card I can go nuts. Only cloud app I use is Gmail🤣 No variable refresh rate display means better SOT and color/gamma accuracy/calibration which are far more important to me than "buttery smoothness". The cams are pretty good too.
So why pay big bucks for a less functional device with a crappier, heavier form factor with the spen on the wrong side? .
The N10+ remains a joy to use. Not even close to being bored with it. If I had to buy a phone right now, it be another N10+... never thought would prefer a 3yo phone, yes well...
Just take a look at the Application List on Galaxy Note10+ LTE
compared to
Galaxy S5 LTE

The number of applications and services is growing.

sn10+

Nov 22, 2022

hi
after i downloaded adb to my pc, i get this error when i try to paste this command.

Attachments

• 2022-11-27 05_17_14-Window.jpg
    2022-11-27 05_17_14-Window.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 4

ze7zez

Recognized Contributor
hi
after i downloaded adb to my pc, i get this error when i try to paste this command.
I gave you the command after connecting to the phone via adb. From the photo, it appears that you did not approve the permission to connect the phone to the PC, hence the connection is unauthorized. The window for approval appears right after connecting the phone to the PC via USB. If you don't, the window disappears.

sn10+

Nov 22, 2022
I gave you the command after connecting to the phone via adb. From the photo, it appears that you did not approve the permission to connect the phone to the PC, hence the connection is unauthorized. The window for approval appears right after connecting the phone to the PC via USB. If you don't, the window disappears.
hi now i allowed the permission to connect, so adb is working, but shell is not working.

Attachments

• 2022-11-28 14_51_16-Window.jpg
    2022-11-28 14_51_16-Window.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    first command:
    adb shell
    second command:
    pm disable-user --user 0 com.wssyncmldm

or
    adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.wssyncmldm

where do i insert this commands?i should install something first in my computer?