How do I enter recovery on an Eonon GA6154F (MTCD KDL)

Search This thread

jim1985

Jul 11, 2008
I have an Eonon GA6154F. From looking in the System Info I believe that it is an MTCD based KDL device.

It has become increasingly slower over time. I would like to try resetting and installing a different ROM on it to see if it helps speed things up at all. But no matter what I try I cannot seem to enter the recovery system.
I have tried holding in the reset button whilst also holding the power button, then releasing the reset button and then releasing the power button 1 - 2 seconds later but it still just boots up as normal.
I have also tried following the instructions in this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...al/eonon-ga6164f-mtcd-rk3188-mtcdkld-t3594368 but when I try the write the firmware file to an SD Card an error message comes up on screen saying something about failing to write the MBR. The SD Card application also records error 87 in it's log file.

I am currently running a stock ROM from around November 2016. I would like to either reinstall a stock ROM or one of the available customised ROMs, I'm not fussed which. My ultimate goal is to effectively factory reset my Android Head Unit in the hope that it speeds it back up.

Hopefully someone can help me out with this :)

Hdevil56

Nov 18, 2017
Redmi Note 8
push and hold the power knob untul you see the units buttons flash 3 times, let go and push the power knob again you will see the recovery screen come up.

I have an Eonon GA6154F. From looking in the System Info I believe that it is an MTCD based KDL device.

It has become increasingly slower over time. I would like to try resetting and installing a different ROM on it to see if it helps speed things up at all. But no matter what I try I cannot seem to enter the recovery system.
I have tried holding in the reset button whilst also holding the power button, then releasing the reset button and then releasing the power button 1 - 2 seconds later but it still just boots up as normal.
I have also tried following the instructions in this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...al/eonon-ga6164f-mtcd-rk3188-mtcdkld-t3594368 but when I try the write the firmware file to an SD Card an error message comes up on screen saying something about failing to write the MBR. The SD Card application also records error 87 in it's log file.

I am currently running a stock ROM from around November 2016. I would like to either reinstall a stock ROM or one of the available customised ROMs, I'm not fussed which. My ultimate goal is to effectively factory reset my Android Head Unit in the hope that it speeds it back up.

Hopefully someone can help me out with this :)

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone