How do I get a device tree for the Asus Zenfone Go ZB500KL (ASUS_X00ADC)

Search This thread
Jun 27, 2017
Roorkee
So long story short, I signed up on 4PDA because my device wasn't getting any love here on XDA, and I found among other things, a working root method, 2 TWRP ports, a kernel compatible with Android 7.0 (thanks to my good friend LWJGLRobot), and an unofficial LineageOS 13 port with a WiFi bug (not gonna post any links, since I'm a new user, and anyway linking to 4PDA threads is forbidden). Now, however, I want to give back to the developer community on both forums, and also build AOSP for the heck of it. So far, I have the modified kernel (kudos LWJGLRobot), and I *may* be able to extract the vendor blobs, but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to build or extract a device tree. All the tutorials I've found on extracting device tree require that I have an Ubuntu VM. But since I'm doing the actual building on Google Cloud, I either need a way to upload my boot.img to the VM instance, or find a method that works with Windows. Is there a sibling device? If so, how do I modify its device tree to work on my device? Also, do I need to make modifications to the device and vendor trees depending on Android version? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've already done the repo sync for the AOSP source, and am finding this a formidable obstacle to overcome. If it helps, the SoC is MSM8916, and I'm currently running aforementioned LineageOS 13 port.

med99

Jul 12, 2017
So long story short, I signed up on 4PDA because my device wasn't getting any love here on XDA, and I found among other things, a working root method, 2 TWRP ports, a kernel compatible with Android 7.0 (thanks to my good friend LWJGLRobot), and an unofficial LineageOS 13 port with a WiFi bug (not gonna post any links, since I'm a new user, and anyway linking to 4PDA threads is forbidden). Now, however, I want to give back to the developer community on both forums, and also build AOSP for the heck of it. So far, I have the modified kernel (kudos LWJGLRobot), and I *may* be able to extract the vendor blobs, but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to build or extract a device tree. All the tutorials I've found on extracting device tree require that I have an Ubuntu VM. But since I'm doing the actual building on Google Cloud, I either need a way to upload my boot.img to the VM instance, or find a method that works with Windows. Is there a sibling device? If so, how do I modify its device tree to work on my device? Also, do I need to make modifications to the device and vendor trees depending on Android version? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've already done the repo sync for the AOSP source, and am finding this a formidable obstacle to overcome. If it helps, the SoC is MSM8916, and I'm currently running aforementioned LineageOS 13 port.

hey could you send me the rom link in a private message or in other place outside xda because i couldn't find any rom for my zb500kl
sorry if my reply is not helpful but i really need a custom rom because ZenUI sucks

Jun 27, 2017
Roorkee
hey could you send me the rom link in a private message or in other place outside xda because i couldn't find any rom for my zb500kl
sorry if my reply is not helpful but i really need a custom rom because ZenUI sucks
Sure, no problem. I'll send you a link to LineageOS, or if you so desire, Resurrection Remix. I'm no longer using this device, and Google invalidated my payment details on Google Cloud anyway. Just PM me and tell me which ROM's link you want.

Reactions: bandidokike

bandidokike

Nov 26, 2010
San Martín De La Vega
Asus_x00ad could you send me a link? [podrías enviarme enlace?]

Mod edit - translated by https://www.deepl.com/translator:
It turns out that I'm still looking for how to install some alternative cooked and rom recovery, I see that this rum link has Wi-Fi problems. Do you know if it has advanced in the subject so that it works or other alternatives?
Thanks in advance
Resulta que sigo buscando como instalarle algún recovery cocinado y rom alternativa, veo que este enlace de ron tiene problemas de Wi-Fi sabéis si se ha avanzado en el tema para que funcione u otras alternativas?
Gracias de antemano ☺️

Last edited by a moderator:

nbl66

Feb 23, 2021
Hello all,
Been doing some research about custom roms for this device, found out that there is a guy on github named navarobot which posted a version of LineageOS:cm-14.1 for this device.
The are plenty of resources on his hub:
the only thing missing is a link to an img file, so if anyone knows how to make an img file from sourceCOde, it will be great to share the img with us.
cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sure, no problem. I'll send you a link to LineageOS, or if you so desire, Resurrection Remix. I'm no longer using this device, and Google invalidated my payment details on Google Cloud anyway. Just PM me and tell me which ROM's link you want.