How do i install Pixel driver binaries ?

Search This thread

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt

How do I install these ? No documentation is provided ? Please help.
Install fastboot on your PC, install the Google android device drivers for Pixel devices on your PC.

Place the vendor.img(the binary file that you downloaded) in your fastboot folder on PC(not in another folder inside fastboot folder). Rename the file to "vendor.img", this makes the fastboot command easier.

Enable USB debugging on your device(not absolutely necessary but it makes things easier at some point).

Boot the device into fastboot mode, open a fastboot terminal on your PC, connect your device to PC.

Flash the vendor.img via fastboot using the following fastboot command:

fastboot flash vendor vendor.img

No, that isn't a typo, type it exactly as I typed it above, with both "vendors".

Last edited:
Install fastboot on your PC, install the Google android device drivers for Pixel devices on your PC.

Place the vendor.img(the binary file that you downloaded) in your fastboot folder on PC(not in another folder inside fastboot folder). Rename the file to "vendor.img", this makes the fastboot command easier.

Enable USB debugging on your device(not absolutely necessary but it makes things easier at some point).

Boot the device into fastboot mode, open a fastboot terminal on your PC, connect your device to PC.

Flash the vendor.img via fastboot using the following fastboot command:

fastboot flash vendor vendor.img

No, that isn't a typo, type it exactly as I typed it above, with both "vendors".
Have you looked at the binary files. I assume not judging by your answer. They are not in * .IMG. Format. Hence why I'm asking. I assume you think I'm talking about a factory image. Which I am not.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Have you looked at the binary files. I assume not judging by your answer. They are not in * .IMG. Format. Hence why I'm asking. I assume you think I'm talking about a factory image. Which I am not.
No, I assumed it was a vendor.img because that is what the Google page that you linked labels it as. it isn't a far stretch to think that Google would know what kind of file it is since they are the ones that built it, not to mention that they are the ones that invented android in the first place. Inside the file is a .sh file. Try finding instructions for flashing .sh files via adb/fastboot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Syntaxerror_s
No, I assumed it was a vendor.img because that is what the Google page that you linked labels it as. it isn't a far stretch to think that Google would know what kind of file it is since they are the ones that built it, not to mention that they are the ones that invented android in the first place. Inside the file is a .sh file. Try finding instructions for flashing .sh files via adb/fastboo

I figured it out thanks for the input,
Basically just have to run the .sh in terminal and creates a make output which auto generates the files.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No, I assumed it was a vendor.img because that is what the Google page that you linked labels it as. it isn't a far stretch to think that Google would know what kind of file it is since they are the ones that built it, not to mention that they are the ones that invented android in the first place. Inside the file is a .sh file. Try finding instructions for flashing .sh files via adb/fastboot.