How do I UNHIDE an app????

Search This thread

cameraz

Feb 3, 2011
I was having trouble with an app (Android Auto) so I disabled it, which I shouldn't have, because it hid the app on my screen. As a result, the app no longer functions with my car.

Can somebody please tell me how to UNHIDE the app? I have watched 20 YouTube videos on how to unhide apps, unfortunately, they all show things that I do not have on my version of Android 10.

Thank you!

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Essential Phone
LG G8
I was having trouble with an app (Android Auto) so I disabled it, which I shouldn't have, because it hid the app on my screen. As a result, the app no longer functions with my car.

Can somebody please tell me how to UNHIDE the app? I have watched 20 YouTube videos on how to unhide apps, unfortunately, they all show things that I do not have on my version of Android 10.

Thank you!
Should be pretty simple and standard... I am assuming you are running stock A10 - if not, the names of the options in Settings may be a bit different, but the idea is still the same. Go to Settings -> Apps & notifications -> App Info. Above the app list there is a dropdown - make sure "ALL APPS" is selected, so both enabled and disabled apps are listed. You should see the Android Auto on the list below, marked as "Disabled". Tap on it - it will open the app details, then hit "Enable". That's all. :)

cameraz

Feb 3, 2011
Should be pretty simple and standard... I am assuming you are running stock A10 - if not, the names of the options in Settings may be a bit different, but the idea is still the same. Go to Settings -> Apps & notifications -> App Info. Above the app list there is a dropdown - make sure "ALL APPS" is selected, so both enabled and disabled apps are listed. You should see the Android Auto on the list below, marked as "Disabled". Tap on it - it will open the app details, then hit "Enable". That's all. :)
Thanks, but I did all of that! I see Android Auto on the list, but it is not marked as "Disabled." When I click on it, it appears as Enabled in the app details.

However, that's not the problem. The problem is that the app is hidden from my Home Screen. So, in order for me to access it, I have to go into the Settings, etc., etc.

Is there a way to UNHIDE the app so it appears on my Home Screen? Thanks.

PS: I am running stock Android 10.

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014
Thanks, but I did all of that! I see Android Auto on the list, but it is not marked as "Disabled." When I click on it, it appears as Enabled in the app details.

However, that's not the problem. The problem is that the app is hidden from my Home Screen. So, in order for me to access it, I have to go into the Settings, etc., etc.

Is there a way to UNHIDE the app so it appears on my Home Screen? Thanks.

PS: I am running stock Android 10.
This is now normal behavior for android auto, the app is hidden and will only show in your car when you connect to your car (as far as I know there is no way to use it on your phone like the older versions), even if you add a shortcut to homescreen it will only allow access to the settings screen (I assume).

If it's not working with your car, go to settings>apps>android auto>storage> and then clear storage to reset everything. While there check it has all permissions granted.

If you want to use AA on your phone maybe consider sideloading an old version (from a reputable store like F-Droid) which still worked from the handset.