• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How do I unlock the bootloader on a Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 (SM-T310)?

Search This thread

vladone97

Mar 21, 2015
Alright, semi-noob question here. I'm not a developer or a hacker or anything, just a tech-savvy end user. I have a Tab 3 8.0 running Android 4.4.2 and I want to install a custom ROM. I'm familiar with Samsung devices on which you go into the developer options and select OEM unlock. I see no OEM unlock or anything of that sort in the developer options. Is the bootloader unlocked by default or am I missing something?

Last edited:

Droehnemeier

Oct 17, 2013
Alright, semi-noob question here. I'm not a developer or a hacker or anything, just a tech-savvy end user. I have a Tab 3 8.0 running Android 4.4.2 and I want to install a custom ROM. I'm familiar with Samsung devices on which you go into the developer options and select OEM unlock. I see no OEM unlock or anything of that sort in the developer options. Is the bootloader unlocked by default or am I missing something?
It's been a while I flashed my ROM, I post the link down below. I think it was 'USB debugging >on", after that I simply flashed with Odin. I remember nothing about bootloader.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

There you go:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-3/development/rom-cm14-1-t310-t3493393/page177
Cheers

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

1st you have to flash TWRP recovery. I forgot?*♂️. This one:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2619518

Last edited:

Ferchurito

Mar 31, 2019
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Which one has no bootloader? I don't get you.

What I tried to say is that Samsung devices don’t have a bootloader. Meaning you can easily install a TWRP recovery without having to deal with unlocking the bootloader. I tell you this because I have a Samsung Tab 3 sm t310. Motorola for example does have a bootloader wich you will have to unlock in order to install a custom rom for example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Droehnemeier

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Which one has no bootloader? I don't get you.

What I tried to say is that Samsung devices don’t have a bootloader. Meaning you can easily install a TWRP recovery without having to deal with unlocking the bootloader. I tell you this because I have a Samsung Tab 3 sm t310. Motorola for example does have a bootloader wich you will have to unlock in order to install a custom rom for example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk