How do I use the headphones microphone? Help

Search This thread

Cherno87

Jul 1, 2016
Hi. I realize that my Redmi Note 7 always use the phone microphone. When I connect my headphones, the sound plays in my headphones, but if I record a Whatsapp audio it uses the phone microphone instead of headphones microphone. And I also tried with a friend's Redmi Airdots S and same thing, earbuds works but can't use the mic for record wpp audio, it always use the build-in mic.

It's annoying, cause now I'm using a true wireless earbuds and I can't record a whatsapp audio without the phone in my hands... Kinda the whole point of a wireless earbuds.

Already:
- Re-pair
- Reboot after pair
- Clean all devices from bt list.

Info:
Redmi Note 7
ROM: Latest official global ROM
MIUI version: Global 11.0.1
Android Version: 10
Earbuds: Haylou GT1 plus

ssaikia3

Jan 9, 2018
Am I the only one with this problem?
Probably. Anyway, did you try recording your voice in a different app? If the other app works that'd mean this is WA bug or may be just not compatible with WA.

Try few things-
1. record voice in WA and a different app with earbud.
Check the results. If earbud works in diff app, than blame WA.

2. record voice in WA and a different app with an wired headset.
Check the results. If wired headeet works in both apps, blame earbud.

Cherno87

Jul 1, 2016
Probably. Anyway, did you try recording your voice in a different app? If the other app works that'd mean this is WA bug or may be just not compatible with WA.

Try few things-

1. Same results. I tried to record a sound with Audio Recorder and used the buil-in mic too.
2. It actually worked. Using wired headset, it uses the headset mic. But I can't blame the earbud, it's brand new, and I tried with Airdots S too and neither worked. I mean, the wireless headsets have a mic cause it can be used, but my phone thinks it can't.

daisy_12

Nov 13, 2020
Great Tip.

Thanks for sharing this tip. This was so simple, yet i didn't thought of it
I am facing the same problem with my Redmi Earbuds. I hope this tip helps me to identify where the fault lies.

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

Try few things-

Thanks for sharing this tip. This was so simple, yet i didn't thought of it
I am facing the same problem with my Redmi Earbuds. I hope this tip helps me to identify where the fault lies.