• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How do u use your gear S3?

Search This thread

boiteta

Oct 19, 2013
Share your usage...
except of the regular notifications, samsung pay and so... What else? what Apps?
Yes im a new user with this watch after more then 3 years with the Moto 360 - which were great (with Google and android wear...) .

:):):)

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
This watch helps me in maintaining a healthy activities.
It reminds me to standup after a long sitting, it tracks for my daily steps, my daily stair climbing, etc.

Reactions: boiteta

Redflea

Nov 23, 2009
Controlling media playback...love that I don't have to take my phone out of my pocket to pause or to skip forward or backward when listening to podcasts.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Redflea

Nov 23, 2009
Nice
I already have this option with my ear phones... But not limited too
What else?;)
Is one of the tiny Bluetooth earbuds. I can pause and play with it but can't skip forward and back.

Other favorites are quick reply to texts, controlling home automation with a Smartthings app, grocery list with Our Groceries app, and taking the occasional call on the watch like **** Tracy.

afblangley

Jan 11, 2013
I've never been one to keep much cash in my wallet, I pay for everything (even a 79 cent Slurpee) with a debit card. So my number one favorite use of the watch is S Pay. It works almost everywhere, I so rarely need my wallet, I usually just leave it in the car.

My other primary use of the watch is phone calls and messages. While the battery won't support 90 minute conference calls, it's perfect for the typically short, 7 - 12 calls and couple dozen messages I usually have in a day. The watch is remotely connected to my phone, which stays at home. When I'm out and about, I keep a tablet nearby for running apps and tasks that aren't suitable for 1" screen.

Not having to carry a phone or a wallet has been a major convenience for me. This level of detachment probably won't fit most people's lifestyle, but on your next vacation, you may want to try it!

boiteta

Oct 19, 2013
I've never been one to keep much cash in my wallet, I pay for everything (even a 79 cent Slurpee) with a debit card. So my number one favorite use of the watch is S Pay. It works almost everywhere, I so rarely need my wallet, I usually just leave it in the car.

My other primary use of the watch is phone calls and messages. While the battery won't support 90 minute conference calls, it's perfect for the typically short, 7 - 12 calls and couple dozen messages I usually have in a day. The watch is remotely connected to my phone, which stays at home. When I'm out and about, I keep a tablet nearby for running apps and tasks that aren't suitable for 1" screen.

Not having to carry a phone or a wallet has been a major convenience for me. This level of detachment probably won't fit most people's lifestyle, but on your next vacation, you may want to try it!
Not sure I understand... How do u make calls while connected remotely?

afblangley

Jan 11, 2013
The LTE versions of the watch have a cellular radio. Call functionality exists regardless of whether it's connected via BT, remote connection, or standalone. But differences come into play with regard to caller ID and messages. The BT only watches can't make phone calls when remotely connected via wifi because there is no VoIP app for the watch.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This watch helps me in maintaining a healthy activities.
    It reminds me to standup after a long sitting, it tracks for my daily steps, my daily stair climbing, etc.
    Controlling media playback...love that I don't have to take my phone out of my pocket to pause or to skip forward or backward when listening to podcasts.

The LTE versions of the watch have a cellular radio. Call functionality exists regardless of whether it's connected via BT, remote connection, or standalone. But differences come into play with regard to caller ID and messages. The BT only watches can't make phone calls when remotely connected via wifi because there is no VoIP app for the watch.