• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question How do you charge your phone when you first buy it? S21 Ultra 5G?

Search This thread
May 27, 2021
I know someone who's working with Samsung's service centres, they check the total full charge cycles to identify the battery health. Usually when you go for a display replacement or any other sorts of warranty service they'll replace the battery free of cost if the recharge cycles have not past their set limit.

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I try not to let mine go under 20% but I charge mine overnight. Every night. Regardless of how much battery is left. Draining to 0% all the time will degrade the battery quicker. But today's phones are smart enough to stop charging when 100% and Samsung don't actually let the phone charge to its maximum capacity. It stops charging before it reaches true 100% capacity. Also when the phone dies at 0% there is still some capacity in the phone to prevent damage.

Reactions: enigmaamit

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
DO NOT KEEP YOUR PHONE'S BATTERY >80% AND <30% for too long or on a regular basis.
This is why you see iPhones lasting 6 years easily -- they avoid >80%.
Stupid Samsung can't give us a bypass-charging feature.
Can't wait to switch to iPhone in a few years after these losers can't get this **** together.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
DO NOT KEEP YOUR PHONE'S BATTERY >80% AND <30% for too long or on a regular basis.
Can't wait to switch to iPhone in a few years after these losers can't get this **** together.
"But Debbie, pastels?"
iphone is no bowl of cherries unless you include the sweat shop labor mills🤣

Changing the battery isn't a big deal once you grasp the concepts needed. At under $20 a pop, it's chump change. A small price to pay for the most customizable stock phone on the planet.
With iphone you pay out the a$$ for internal memory and no irreplaceable SD card slot. Worse their junk is made by the CCP.
I choose a phone made in free countries.
S Korea, Vietnam and India are our allies.

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
"But Debbie, pastels?"
iphone is no bowl of cherries unless you include the sweat shop labor mills🤣

Changing the battery isn't a big deal once you grasp the concepts needed. At under $20 a pop, it's chump change. A small price to pay for the most customizable stock phone on the planet.
With iphone you pay out the a$$ for internal memory and no irreplaceable SD card slot. Worse their junk is made by the CCP.
I choose a phone made in free countries.
S Korea, Vietnam and India are our allies.
Apple is 'Murica and 'Murica is Apple!

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
It reeks of the CCP laborers sweat.
What a mundane and boring platform it is... a pastel of what could have been bright and vibrant. Great for the tech challenged.
Rise to the top or get lost in the mix.
Where do Samsung and others make their tech? I'm guessing sweat shops in China and other places.

More importantly, the problem with not having an iPhone in America these days is that the "tech-challenged" iPhoners outnumber the rest of us. So, we have to adapt to them and their ecosystem, not the other way around.

I'm more inclined to blame Google/Android and Microsoft for their failures rather than Apple for its success.

iOS 15 will have built-in network activity tracking that will let us see what domains an app tried to connect to over the course of a certain time period.

Android better step things up.

ione2380

Oct 13, 2009
Brasov
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I have an HTC u11 that is 3.5 years old. That thing has been charged daily to full and completely discharged and used while it was charging and battery still holds an entire day. Iphone batteries are crap. My friends with Iphone 6s and 7 charge their icrap twice a day and their phones shut down when is cold outside. Iphones don't avoid going past 80%, they just slow down charging from 80 to 100, after they learn your charging habits and that rarely works. Samsung has much better quality batteries than apple.

Reactions: sammiev

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
I have an HTC u11 that is 3.5 years old. That thing has been charged daily to full and completely discharged and used while it was charging and battery still holds an entire day. Iphone batteries are crap. My friends with Iphone 6s and 7 charge their icrap twice a day and their phones shut down when is cold outside. Iphones don't avoid going past 80%, they just slow down charging from 80 to 100, after they learn your charging habits and that rarely works. Samsung has much better quality batteries than apple.
We need more clarity on whether these OEMs over-provision or not.
And, charging multiple times per day is not a sign of battery weakness.
Random shutdowns or shutdowns from increased workload are signs of battery weakness. How well does Android manage that? Poorly.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Where do Samsung and others make their tech? I'm guessing sweat shops in China and other places.
Damn, get your twisted facts straight.
S Korea, Vietnam, India, Taiwan, Indonesia and Brazil is where Samsung are manufactured or sources.
China is their major economic and military threat as well.
Samsung wisely got out of China most riki tic.

Your Apple is rotten to the core🤣

proxybox

Sep 27, 2009
I use the AccuBattery app with IFTTT and a smart plug for the charger. I set AccuBattery to create a notification when battery charge reaches 76%. This creates a notification saying to disconnect the charger once a 76% charge is reached. The Android device service in the IFTTT app sees this notification and then IFTTT sends an order to the smart plug’s app telling it to turn off the smart plug. I have been using this configyration for several years and it works like a charm. My previous phone, a Pixel 2 XL, has never been charged to 100% and after 2 1/2 years of use the battery is still working fine.
This is really cool. I use the Battery Charge Limit app on my Motorola but it requires root. My new S21+ can't be rooted so I found your post. Can you share more detailed info on how to set this up? I just don't understand how to integrate IFTTT with the AccuBattery app. Much appreciated.

annson08

Nov 22, 2011
Bulacan
I charge my phone whenever I can, I have a charging station on my office desk, my gaming desk, and my bedside. With this, I can use all features of my phone without having worry about my battery juice.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NO. NO. It's 30-80%.
    Better yet: 37-65%. Or, if you want to be dangerous: 35-65%.

or better to not have a smart phone at all if people get so picky!!

Guys, just do as the phone tells you, when it reaches 15% .. put it on charger until 100%. It gonna last at least 1-1,5 year before you notice the degradation of the battery.
    What is the best way to treat the battery when you first get it?

I just charge it when it goes low and I have time to plug it in. I don't have a specific preferences, whether @ 30, 20 or 15% regardless. I don't think there are any special requirements for that, though I see ppl create their own beliefs and the'd swear to it as "the most optimal charging routine".
    At this point in battery tech i believe it doesn't matter. But a lot of ppl and articles suggest to keep phone in 20-80% range.
    Using the same method as @nightoooo above.
    I'm only on my 2nd phone, first was $99.00 phone that lasted 3 years and now over 2 years into my Samsung A20 with no noticeable change in battery life.
    I use the AccuBattery app with IFTTT and a smart plug for the charger. I set AccuBattery to create a notification when battery charge reaches 76%. This creates a notification saying to disconnect the charger once a 76% charge is reached. The Android device service in the IFTTT app sees this notification and then IFTTT sends an order to the smart plug’s app telling it to turn off the smart plug. I have been using this configyration for several years and it works like a charm. My previous phone, a Pixel 2 XL, has never been charged to 100% and after 2 1/2 years of use the battery is still working fine.