How do you get the unlock code for bootloader of Nokia 8?

Search This thread

DFK79

Dec 11, 2019
Nokia's official bootloader unlock server has stopped working. You cannot get unlock.key from the Nokia homepage. To be able to unlock the bootloader, you can use Hikari Calyk's paid unlocking service.
I've been reading for hours now about how to unlock the Nokia 8 TA-1012 bootloader, now that Nokia's official method is defunct.

Can someone clarify if this service, which seems to be reasonably priced, will lead to me having the actual unlock.key for keeps and, more importantly, will this enable me to unlock critical?

DerpSpears

Apr 21, 2021
India
Nokia 8
Xiaomi Redmi 6
I've been reading for hours now about how to unlock the Nokia 8 TA-1012 bootloader, now that Nokia's official method is defunct.

Can someone clarify if this service, which seems to be reasonably priced, will lead to me having the actual unlock.key for keeps and, more importantly, will this enable me to unlock critical?
No you will not get the unlock key. Yes it unlocks critical.

Reactions: bunzo

DFK79

Dec 11, 2019
No you will not get the unlock key. Yes it unlocks critical.
Thanks for taking the time to reply! I'm trying to do this for a relative, so I don't want to screw up along the way. Is there ANY downside to not having the unlock key once the phone is critical unlocked? I'm not planning to relock it or anything, I'm just overwhelmed with the whole Treble thing and making sure I don't miss anything.

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I'm trying to do this for a relative, so I don't want to screw up along the way. Is there ANY downside to not having the unlock key once the phone is critical unlocked? I'm not planning to relock it or anything, I'm just overwhelmed with the whole Treble thing and making sure I don't miss anything.
I succesfully unlocked the bootloader of my Nokia 8-TA1052 following this guide: https://www.techmesto.com/guide-unlock-bootloader-nokia-android-phones/

DFK79

Dec 11, 2019
I've been real busy since I asked about the whole thing but I was planning to follow that exact guide. It unlocks critical, right? From there I install Treble and Custom ROM and theoretically, if it somehow bricks (seen a few people being unlucky) critical unlock will enable me to unbrick?
Hello, in my case in December 2021 it was the first time I tried it and it went well, you have to strictly follow the instructions (make sure before you start that you have the correct connection with the PC in my case with W10-64b, the telephone connected, recognized, with ADB mode and "Unlock bootloader" activated and the ADB environment and tools running on the PC) and be patient since unlocking the bootloader with the Unlock Tool has 2 stages (the second I think I remember is the "critical unlock") so you have to let it go to the end. Once the bootloader is unlocked, when you restart the phone you will get a message that will always appear when you restart it, warning you that the bootloader is unlocked. Beware that by doing so the phone will be reset to factory settings and all user data will be lost so make sure to make a backup before. At the end of the unlock process you will also be asked if you want to donate through PayPal any amount of money voluntarily to the developers of the Unlock tool/techmesto. In short, the key is to read the instructions very well and follow them exactly. After the unlocking of the bootloader and the installation of the Treble you can now put any custom ROM. I hope the whole process goes well for you.

Reactions: DFK79

DFK79

Dec 11, 2019
Hello, in my case in December 2021 it was the first time I tried it and it went well, you have to strictly follow the instructions (make sure before you start that you have the correct connection with the PC in my case with W10-64b, the telephone connected, recognized, with ADB mode and "Unlock bootloader" activated and the ADB environment and tools running on the PC) and be patient since unlocking the bootloader with the Unlock Tool has 2 stages (the second I think I remember is the "critical unlock") so you have to let it go to the end. Once the bootloader is unlocked, when you restart the phone you will get a message that will always appear when you restart it, warning you that the bootloader is unlocked. Beware that by doing so the phone will be reset to factory settings and all user data will be lost so make sure to make a backup before. At the end of the unlock process you will also be asked if you want to donate through PayPal any amount of money voluntarily to the developers of the Unlock tool/techmesto. In short, the key is to read the instructions very well and follow them exactly. After the unlocking of the bootloader and the installation of the Treble you can now put any custom ROM. I hope the whole process goes well for you.
Thank you very much for the detailed advice. If I can bother you for one more thing, there's multiple Treble threads/guides on here and some seem (!) outdated or conflicting. Could you maybe point me to one guide/thread you recommend? I have the Nokia 8 TA-1012 here.

I've flashed and rooted maybe half a dozen phones over the years while always just lurking and reading here but in this case, it seems so much riskier and complicated, so I appreciate any and all advice.

Thank you very much for the detailed advice. If I can bother you for one more thing, there's multiple Treble threads/guides on here and some seem (!) outdated or conflicting. Could you maybe point me to one guide/thread you recommend? I have the Nokia 8 TA-1012 here.

I've flashed and rooted maybe half a dozen phones over the years while always just lurking and reading here but in this case, it seems so much riskier and complicated, so I appreciate any and all advice.
Hello, I have followed the instructions in this thread: https://xdaforums.com/t/t-virus-infect-your-nokia-8-with-project-treble-2019-07-02.3946249/ and I used from downloads (https://github.com/resident-nokia/t-virus/releases) the last stable version: https://github.com/resident-nokia/t-virus/releases/tag/20201108

This is the only one I tried and it works for me, remember to download the revert firmware too (https://github.com/resident-nokia/t-virus/releases/tag/5150-revert) because it posible you will need it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts