How easy is it to root LG phones?

Search This thread

Captain 509

Dec 24, 2020
I have a question that I don't want to just get Google's opinion on.

How easy is it to root most LG phones?

I have tried to root my brother's LG G7 ThinQ, but had no luck getting the bootloader unlocked. I like the idea of LG for myself, but since I was not able to root my own phone (Samsung Galaxy S8 Active) I really want the phone to be rootable. My last phone (Moto G5+) was rooted, and I loved root so much.

I've just been looking at the list of phones LG says are bootloader unlockable, and just seeing if I can find any on eBay.

Here is that list from LG: https://developer.lge.com/resource/mobile/RetrieveBootloader.dev

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place I couldn't figure out how it works yet.

e20140

May 12, 2009
Your best bet is to get a LG phone not designed for USA markets, but usually cost more. There are a few exceptions such as ones that are not carriers branded. I am also looking into LG V50 (US Carrier unlocked) but no luck getting the bootloader unlocked.

Captain 509

Dec 24, 2020
Your best bet is to get a LG phone not designed for USA markets, but usually cost more. There are a few exceptions such as ones that are not carriers branded. I am also looking into LG V50 (US Carrier unlocked) but no luck getting the bootloader unlocked.

Okay, that's a good idea. I was noticing that most of the phones on the list were european models. Let me know how it goes with the V50.