Question How easy to flash eu rom?

Search This thread

Guitarfreak26

Nov 24, 2009
Birmingham, UK
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi All

Pulled the trigger last night and ordered a 256GB 11 Ultra from Wonda. The wait for the next couple of weeks will be painful haha.

This will be the first Xiaomi I've used having previously used Samsung and Oneplus etc. How easy is it to flash the EU rom? Does it need to be rooted or unlocked BL first?

nono52

Jan 4, 2011
Hi, many explication here

more than to wait for your version

Reactions: Guitarfreak26

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Hi All

Pulled the trigger last night and ordered a 256GB 11 Ultra from Wonda. The wait for the next couple of weeks will be painful haha.

This will be the first Xiaomi I've used having previously used Samsung and Oneplus etc. How easy is it to flash the EU rom? Does it need to be rooted or unlocked BL first?

Xiaomi phones are allowed to have their bootloaders to be unlocked and welcome custom ROMs. There is one previso, you have to wait a week ( 168 hours). You must agree and fully bond your phone with your Xiaomi account first. Then using the online or mi unlock tool you start the process. Once successfully started, you wait a week and then go back to the online or tool and actually do the unlock. This reboots your phone and formats the data, so have an off phone back up or data source.
Once unlocked, you can install custom ROMs like the EU ROM, which I will use when Available. 2 methods of flashing custom ROMs, fastboot via a PC or TWRP recovery. When a TWRP recovery is available, this is the easiest method but as this tends to be a while after the phones release, you tend to have to update by pc and fastboot for a while. To replace stock recovery with TWRP recovery, you again use a pc and fastboot the TWRP over your stock recovery and then boot direct to it and flash a TWRP .zip ROM when available. Of course you don't need to format each update, only if you change ROM branches. The EU ROM has a stable and both weekly ROM versions. Both are based on stock Chinese but made more like a global ROM. Their ROMs are the best choice if you want a good custom ROM based still in Xiaomi miui system.
You don't need to root to do any of the above. If you want to see my guide I wrote when the 10 Ultra was released, take a look at my guide here... https://mega.nz/file/fIoWUD4a#q1S3wYoOltgaPcchAiXc3dHal7Sf31k5BZQBM4xy6NE

It takes you through ensuring your phone is bonded with your Xiaomi account, unlocking, flashing by fastboot, installing TWRP, flashing by TWRP, updating and changing ROM branches. I will release a 11 Ultra version later this month when mine arrives but it should be no different in process.

eijnaix

Mar 25, 2013
Thought I read it someone if one flashes stock eu rom over China rom using mi flash too jar... you can lock bootloader back and it will receive OTA.

Is this information wrong ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All

Xiaomi phones are allowed to have their bootloaders to be unlocked and welcome custom ROMs. There is one previso, you have to wait a week ( 168 hours). You must agree and fully bond your phone with your Xiaomi account first. Then using the online or mi unlock tool you start the process. Once successfully started, you wait a week and then go back to the online or tool and actually do the unlock. This reboots your phone and formats the data, so have an off phone back up or data source.
    Once unlocked, you can install custom ROMs like the EU ROM, which I will use when Available. 2 methods of flashing custom ROMs, fastboot via a PC or TWRP recovery. When a TWRP recovery is available, this is the easiest method but as this tends to be a while after the phones release, you tend to have to update by pc and fastboot for a while. To replace stock recovery with TWRP recovery, you again use a pc and fastboot the TWRP over your stock recovery and then boot direct to it and flash a TWRP .zip ROM when available. Of course you don't need to format each update, only if you change ROM branches. The EU ROM has a stable and both weekly ROM versions. Both are based on stock Chinese but made more like a global ROM. Their ROMs are the best choice if you want a good custom ROM based still in Xiaomi miui system.
    You don't need to root to do any of the above. If you want to see my guide I wrote when the 10 Ultra was released, take a look at my guide here... https://mega.nz/file/fIoWUD4a#q1S3wYoOltgaPcchAiXc3dHal7Sf31k5BZQBM4xy6NE

It takes you through ensuring your phone is bonded with your Xiaomi account, unlocking, flashing by fastboot, installing TWRP, flashing by TWRP, updating and changing ROM branches. I will release a 11 Ultra version later this month when mine arrives but it should be no different in process.
    Hi, many explication here

more than to wait for your version
    But after changing to the global rom, will it update automatically?
    Or do we have to do it manually?
    You need to do it manually with the batch file. As long as there is no TWRP for that model OTA will not work unfortuantely.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone