How get back your carrier services if you changed your CSC code.

Search This thread

pimpmaneaton

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Yeah, my phone seems to be permanently xaa/xaa/vzw... oh well 2k paperweight.
Have you had any luck, since I borked my device last night I too am currently stuck at xaa/xaa/vzw and cannot get it to reset.

@GDHAMTON7 I was able to fix my csc by using the DUE1 firmware for both carrier version and U1. I flashed the carrier version first complete with the CSC file, not home. Booted and didn't have any luck with it resetting to vzw/vzw/vzw. I then flashed just the CSC file of the U1 firmware and factory reset. Upon going through setup and then inserting my sim I did get the popup of device needing to reboot to apply carrier config. Since I was wanting to be on U1 firmware I then flashed the DUE1 U1 firmware with the home CSC file and factory reset and all is well.

If you are still stuck with xaa/xaa/vzw, I hope that this may help you as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210721-050728_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210721-050728_Settings.jpg
    870.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Reactions: JeffATL

skandalous1

Oct 17, 2007
Hello everyone. I am having issues with my Note 20 Ultra after entering *#272*MY_IMEI# and changing CSC from VZW to ATT. The phone was working fine for a while until one day it went into airplane mode. Since then the imei is unkown and the sim is not recognized when inserted. Hard resets and flashing have not been able to restore the imei. After flasing the phone using this tutorial, I am getting (imei folder missing) and imei still shows up as unknown. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

JeffATL

Oct 10, 2009
I know I have posted in a few threads but Im going all out trying to get TMB firmware on unlocked N20 Ultra. With TMB software , it gets stuck on XAA/XAA//XAA/XAA. XAA is four times I believe because of the dual sim however the imei is greyed out. Does not reboot when I put in sim, no TMO flash.

Ok , a little progress, I tried the DUE1 suggestion by pimpmaneaton, flashing the U1 CSC after the TMB firmware. I now have TMB/TMB/XAA/XAA but 2nd sim still greyed and no sim card manager... I wonder if OTA update will work now, perhaps DUE1 was pre-enablement of sim.

Trying to do an OTA update does not work

Pimpmanation method worked in post 41! No matter what I flashed I could not get off XAA/XAA/XAA/XAA but this worked!

After I tried his method , without factory setting I flashed TMB DUH4 and got the Sim Card Mgr

Last edited:

JeffATL

Oct 10, 2009
Have you had any luck, since I borked my device last night I too am currently stuck at xaa/xaa/vzw and cannot get it to reset.

@GDHAMTON7 I was able to fix my csc by using the DUE1 firmware for both carrier version and U1. I flashed the carrier version first complete with the CSC file, not home. Booted and didn't have any luck with it resetting to vzw/vzw/vzw. I then flashed just the CSC file of the U1 firmware and factory reset. Upon going through setup and then inserting my sim I did get the popup of device needing to reboot to apply carrier config. Since I was wanting to be on U1 firmware I then flashed the DUE1 U1 firmware with the home CSC file and factory reset and all is well.

This saved me. See post above.

Just wanted to say this saved me as well.
I was messing around with my brother's note 20 ultra that I had just gotten fixed for him (screen damage yay for $100 repair promotion at Samsung) to see if carrier switching worked. Got it first stuck in spr/spr/vzw after pluggin in an old ting sim card.
Then follwed a redit post for s21s that involved flashing canada xac w firmware first then back to u1 to make it xaa/xaa/vzw, it works better than when it was in spr, but sitll wanted to fix it back to vzw/vzw/vzw
Finally found this post here. Man, I was sweating bullets for a bit, worried if I borked it badly..
Oh, also used DUE2 firmware for the U firmware since samfw didnt have DUE1 for VZW

wesside298

Apr 17, 2021
las vegas
How get back your carrier services if you changed your CSC code

Well with the help of these great XDA members I was able to restore my carrier services to my ATT 986U branded phone.

I made the mistake of messing with the CSC code without doing enough research. The mistake I made was using the procedure below on my 986U when it was meant for 986U1.

(I just pulled my SIM, entered *#272*MY_IMEI# and changed CSC from ATT to XAA. Rebooted phone without SIM and checked for update.)

Doing this made my phone lose all of its carrier services and I could not revert back. Luckily with the help of the XDA members they provided a tutorial on how to restore the ATT carrier services. It has been confirmed to work on Verizon and maybe other carriers. Follow the instructions below provided by @mlr_90.

1. First Flash your device with the U1 firmware found here using the patched Odin3_v3.13.3b: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-20-ultra/how-to/ota-ota-firmware-n986u-t4143833
2. Second make sure you flashe the AP,BP,CP and CSC found in the file. (Not the HOME_CSC)
3. Make sure to remove your sim card when you flash rom. Reinsert the sim card once phone is booted up and done with the initial setup. Once setup is done pop in your carrier sim card and you should get a message stating to reboot your phone. This will change your CSC code back to ATT/ATT/ATT from XAA/XAA/ATT.
4. Once your phone reboots confirm in the software information that your CSC is back to ATT/ATT/ATT
5. Now you can flash back to the U version firmware. Currenlty the latest is ATI6 found here https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-20-ultra/how-to/ota-ota-firmware-n986u-t4143833
6. Flash using the U firmware using the instrucitons in step 2, but this time make sure your flash the HOME_CSC instead of the regular CSC.
7. Once this is completed flashing you should see your carrier logo during bootup and all the carrier services will be back on your phone.

Special thanks to
@mlr_90
@kangi26
@butchieboy
@warriorvibhu
@testrak
i just wanted to ask you..if i flash the UI rom on the U phone which is verizon..locked...will that take care of the carrier issue,or will i still have to write the imei??

JeffATL

Oct 10, 2009

I followed your method and was able to convert to TMB U from U1 when eSim was only available on TMB.

So I had purchased unlocked U1 phone , had converted to TMobile to get eSim , and now flashed latest U1 firmware using modded Odin, went back to U1 but how can do this to go back from TMB/TMB/TMB/XAA to XAA/XAA/XAA/XAA and have the right software service provider version (it is still TMobile - I want it to be unlocked). Even though it is U1 , it still has the TMB in the first 3 parts of the CSC. Note: I am currently on BL3 so I dont think I can flash old DUE1 firmware b/c its BL2

I plan on trading the phone in to Samsung anyway I am just afraid of it getting rejected because of wrong csc and software provider version - not sure if they will look at that

Last edited:

JeffATL

Oct 10, 2009
You will neeed to follow the instructions in the OP.
But I'll help you.
#1. Reboot to recovery and do a factory reset and wipe cache then power OFF your phone.
#2 Remove sim card.
#3 Download and install Odin v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD.
#4 Download Frija Firmware Downloader from here
#5 Launch Frija and enter SM-N986U1 for model and XAA for CSC and download the latest Unlocked firmware for the Note 20 Ultra. Unzip it in a folder where you want your firmware.
#6 Launch Odin v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD and flash all of the firmware pieces and make sure you use the regular CSC and not CSC_Home
#7 Wait for it to complete successfully and the phone will reboot.
#8 Do NOT put your sim card back in your phone until AFTER you finish the initial phone setup wizard. Once that is complete then install your sim card and wait for a popup telling you to reboot your phone to setup your new carrier configs. Once your phone reboots it will setup your carrier/network configs just let it do it's thing.

From this point your phone will work on your carrier and there's really no need to flash the regular "U" firmware and doing so might screw things up and break your network settings again so try the carrier "U" firmware but be warned it may bug out on you like it did for me.

Good luck!

Will this help me with my above post going from TMB/TMB/TMB/XAA to XAA/XAA/XAA/XAA? My N20U is originally unlocked from Samsung and I converted to TMB when eSim was only available on that variant. Now trying to go back to U1, model shows U1 but Software Service Provider Version shows TMB/TMB/TMB/XAA instead of XAA/XAA/XAA/XAA. I plan on trading the phone in to Samsung, I am just afraid of it getting rejected because of wrong csc.

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Will this help me with my above post going from TMB/TMB/TMB/XAA to XAA/XAA/XAA/XAA? My N20U is originally unlocked from Samsung and I converted to TMB when eSim was only available on that variant. Now trying to go back to U1, model shows U1 but Software Service Provider Version shows TMB/TMB/TMB/XAA instead of XAA/XAA/XAA/XAA. I plan on trading the phone in to Samsung, I am just afraid of it getting rejected because of wrong csc.
Yes you can do the same steps to get your phone back to it’s original firmware State. But I will say that it doesn’t matter which firmware your phone is on when you trade it in to Samsung as long it’s it’s a factory firmware. I traded in two Samsung Note 20’s in the last year and had no issues with them being rejected due to them being on carrier or unlocked firmware. Just do a factory reset and don’t bother going back to unlocked or carrier firmware. No worries at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How get back your carrier services if you changed your CSC code

Well with the help of these great XDA members I was able to restore my carrier services to my ATT 986U branded phone.

I made the mistake of messing with the CSC code without doing enough research. The mistake I made was using the procedure below on my 986U when it was meant for 986U1.

(I just pulled my SIM, entered *#272*MY_IMEI# and changed CSC from ATT to XAA. Rebooted phone without SIM and checked for update.)

Doing this made my phone lose all of its carrier services and I could not revert back. Luckily with the help of the XDA members they provided a tutorial on how to restore the ATT carrier services. It has been confirmed to work on Verizon and maybe other carriers. Follow the instructions below provided by @mlr_90.

1. First Flash your device with the U1 firmware found here using the patched Odin3_v3.13.3b: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-20-ultra/how-to/ota-ota-firmware-n986u-t4143833
    2. Second make sure you flashe the AP,BP,CP and CSC found in the file. (Not the HOME_CSC)
    3. Make sure to remove your sim card when you flash rom. Reinsert the sim card once phone is booted up and done with the initial setup. Once setup is done pop in your carrier sim card and you should get a message stating to reboot your phone. This will change your CSC code back to ATT/ATT/ATT from XAA/XAA/ATT.
    4. Once your phone reboots confirm in the software information that your CSC is back to ATT/ATT/ATT
    5. Now you can flash back to the U version firmware. Currenlty the latest is ATI6 found here https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-20-ultra/how-to/ota-ota-firmware-n986u-t4143833
    6. Flash using the U firmware using the instrucitons in step 2, but this time make sure your flash the HOME_CSC instead of the regular CSC.
    7. Once this is completed flashing you should see your carrier logo during bootup and all the carrier services will be back on your phone.

Special thanks to
    @mlr_90
    @kangi26
    @butchieboy
    @warriorvibhu
    @testrak
    I bought a T-Mobile Note 20 Ultra, had it unlocked, and then inserted a Sprint SIM, now it's on Spring FOREVER...phone brand seems to be locked to Sprint and I have flashed T-Mobile rom but it didn't work...
    You will neeed to follow the instructions in the OP.
    But I'll help you.
    #1. Reboot to recovery and do a factory reset and wipe cache then power OFF your phone.
    #2 Remove sim card.
    #3 Download and install Odin v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD.
    #4 Download Frija Firmware Downloader from here
    #5 Launch Frija and enter SM-N986U1 for model and XAA for CSC and download the latest Unlocked firmware for the Note 20 Ultra. Unzip it in a folder where you want your firmware.
    #6 Launch Odin v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD and flash all of the firmware pieces and make sure you use the regular CSC and not CSC_Home
    #7 Wait for it to complete successfully and the phone will reboot.
    #8 Do NOT put your sim card back in your phone until AFTER you finish the initial phone setup wizard. Once that is complete then install your sim card and wait for a popup telling you to reboot your phone to setup your new carrier configs. Once your phone reboots it will setup your carrier/network configs just let it do it's thing.

From this point your phone will work on your carrier and there's really no need to flash the regular "U" firmware and doing so might screw things up and break your network settings again so try the carrier "U" firmware but be warned it may bug out on you like it did for me.

Good luck!
    Thank u for this. Followed these steps and was able to get my Verizon features back. I had the same thing with xaa xaa vzw. So I figured y not give this a try. I appreciate the post!!!
    Excellent
    ---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

I had those features prior to going back to U. And after returning from U1, those features are gone unfortunately.

Glad it worked out for you!
    Doesn't it feel good Borijess that you were able to help, believe me when i say this there are going to be plenty people who will get help from this but plenty people are selfish and entitled they would never hit thanks nor acknowledge nevertheless you did good by posting this (you could have ignored the suggestion) now may i suggest one more thing - Edit the title to be more Generic like "How get back your carrier services if you changed your CSC code"
    While in the main description you can write you did this for ATT and we have confirmation that this works for Verizon too. So more people would be able to use it. Going by the forum posts believe me this is an issue many are facing.
    Yeah, my phone seems to be permanently xaa/xaa/vzw... oh well 2k paperweight.