• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How I fixed the speakerphone on the Tilt

Search This thread

bigboyhf

Mar 15, 2008
This relates to the problem of the speakerphone being virtually unusable on the ATT tilt. I was having the problem that seems to be very common with the speakerphone cutting in and out almost as if it were half duplex. The other party could only hear every other word and it was virtually unusable. Additionally, I could not get the speakerphone to work with Skype at all. All of my searches led to a dead end with nobody able to figure out how to fix this. There was one poster that said the problem was fixed by installing MS Voice Command, though no one else was able to repeat that.

Anyways, I decided to try MS Voice Command. I installed it and really did not like it. It was less accurate than Cyberon Voice speed dial. The digitized voice was very difficult to understand. I also had difficulty getting it to work with my BT headset. Other than that it was pretty nice not to have to work through voice tags. But I really did prefer CVSD so I went about uninstalling MSVC and resetting all the registry changes I had made. Unfortunately, this did not revive CVSD. I then found the cab to reinstall it. It still didn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled CVSD. No go. I then found a patch cab to restore the registry settings. That sort of worked and I was able to use CVSD but it did not have the usual beep sound to let you know when to speak the command. Anyways, I did some further research and was directed to the Cyberon web site, where there was a patch to upgrade to the latest version. Finally got it all back to working status! That was two days ago.

Today, I was messing around with Skype and did a test call to the echo number and sure enough it heard me through the speakerphone! It repeated my test message very clearly. I then made a Skype call and the other party heard me loud and clear. This was a good sign... Lastly, I made a regular phone call and put the call on speaker. Unbelievably, the speakerphone was now fully operational! I could be heard loud and clear, no breaking up as before. The quality, I was told was not the greatest, sounding like I was on a speakerphone, but was coming in perfectly clear and no half duplex like behavior! Problem fixed!

So, although I can't tell you exactly what fixed the problem, this episode points to some sort of conflict with CVSD. Or to the older version of it. I would think that anyone with the speakerphone problem should first try upgrading to the latest version of CVSD with this patch located on the Cyberon site.

http://www.cyberon.com.tw/Technical3.php

If that doesn't fix it, then you might want to uninstall CVSD altogether, then reinstall and apply then apply the patch. As I said, I'm not sure exactly where the problem got corrected, but this is clearly what fixed it for me! It would be interesting to know if others have the same results...

Last edited:

bigboyhf

Mar 15, 2008
Here is the cab to re-install CVSD (Voice_Tri.cab) and the registry patch (CVSD_Patch.cab) should you decide to do a complete uninstall/reinstall. The last update cab you can get directly from Cyberon site mentioned in post #1.

I hope this helps...

Attachments

• CVSD_Patch.CAB
    565.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Voice_TRI.cab
    234.4 KB · Views: 168

badrello

Jan 27, 2007
loudspeaker mic problem

I tried installing the applications from cyberone and then installing the patch.
SAME PROBLEM......:confused:

Help please........:(

bigboyhf

Mar 15, 2008
Did you delete CVSD first then reinstall?? Or did you just install the new version over the old? As I said originally, I'm not sure what actually got fixed, only that it did get fixed after doing this... I was hoping that it could be replicated by someone else or that we could figure out just what it was that was causing the problem in the first place!

NFRCER

Jul 2, 2007
huh, for what reason??????????

So that it doesnt get flooded and lost with the new threads being made every day. therefore i assume that someone will see it, and has the same problem and installs the above remedy and the reads Moddin's post: Has someone else tried this with any success yet?
then he remembers that it worked for him therefore posting back and confirming that it actually works.

hence why imperium wrote: kick.....bump.

then imperium sees there is a new comment and seeing that it worked for the other guy, he decides to take the plunge and maybe it works for him too.
he then goes and talks on the phone happily ever after.
hope this answered your question.:cool:

bigboyhf

Mar 15, 2008
I am pretty sure I installed it first from the cab and then it was in the uninstall list. I had removed/changed a bunch of settings in the registry when I tried to get Voice Command working so I did the install. When it didn't work I uninstalled then reinstalled and then did the patch which got me pretty close to being fully operational. The last thing I did was update directly from the Cyberon web site.

G

gqstatus0685

CVSD is only uninstalled if you have it installed to begin with. Go to start, settings, system tab, remove programs. It should be on that list. I'm going to try this right now. My girlfriend hangs up on me whenever I talk on speaker phone because she can't hear what I'm saying and gets frustrated. This could potentially ruin relationships and marriages!!

danieliew

May 17, 2008
so this fix is only for TyTN II's which has CVSD installed? Does not apply to mine then. I thought all bundled software is standard. Anyways, do update us when you're done! Yesterday I tried disabling the Microphone AGC and it sort of improved the speaker phone a lot.

cincy1020

Sep 21, 2007
Hi:
The only link which will work for me on the Cyberon page is:

Cyberon Voice Speed Dial bluetooth headset connection problem
Q : The Bluetooth recognition performance is poor on HTC P3300. What can I do to solve this problem?
A : This problem could be fixed by the update Cyberon Voice Speed Dial Patch. Please following the instruction in the Readme file and install the Patch.
Download update patch <----------------------

Is this the correct patch that was mentioned?
If not, could someone please attach it here?
Also, I have Voice Speed Dial on my Tilt, but it is not listed on the remove programs list. Can I simply install the newer version without having first uninstalled the older version?
Thanks!

bigboyhf

Mar 15, 2008
If you are trying to fix your speakerphone I recommend following the instructions in the first two posts. The patch is in post 2...