• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

How I gained root and CWM recovery on my MT7-L09 with out bootloader unlock.

Search This thread

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
Let me start off by saying I'm new to the Huawei Ascend Mate 7 but I'm no newcomer to Android. I've been a member of XDA for some years now. Since before IceCream sandwich. I've done my far share to help out this community as it has helped me. I'm originally a themer, but lately been working on a few ROMs. Mostly tweaked based on stock, deodexed, zip aligned, debloated, and build prop mods.
My worth I bring to the table is I'm just BALLSY and experienced enough to try anything and flash just about anything. (With in reason of course). I seem to have acquired a unique talent to be able to unbrick every device that's been laid before me over the passed year or so as well as a few of my own. And have aided in the unbricking of several peoples device that have reached out to me on here.
So with this uncanny ability to be able to unbrick devices I took it upon myself to take a few stabs at gaining root and flashing CWM to my MT7-L09 without unlocking the boot loader. Due to reading post after post of people not getting replies from their emails to Huawei asking for an unlock code.
So now to the point......
I can in NO way take credit for this development nor do I take any responsibility for your actions or decisions to follow this guide unsuccessfully.

1. First I downloaded the 141 update with Supersu built in thats posted here in this forum and the Mate7.zip posted here as well.
Moved the 141 update with SU titled Update.zip to my sdcard/dload.

2. Went to settings/updater clocked MENU at the bottom, then selected LOCAL UPDATE.

3. After it completed (which took about 5 mins) I rebooted installed SuoerSu from the play store and SuperSu Pro. And opened to update binary.

4. Then used a Root Browser to locate the Mate7.zip that I downloaded earlier in the same forum. I then extracted its contents.

5. Download FLASHIFY from the play store. Grant SuperSU permission. And use FLASHIFY to flash the CWMRECOVERY.zip that was also in the Mate7.zip file that you extracted earlier.

6. And this is the most important thing. I don't know how many times I've seen people start modding and flashing then brick and ask for help only to realize "no I didn't make a backup". ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP IMMEDIATELY AFTER INSTALLING A CUSTOM RECOVERY. If you don't then you have no one to blame but yourself when you can restore.

So as stated above I had no hand in developing any of this. Its just a method I used to gain root, update, and gain CWM recovery WITHOUT boot loader unlock.

And here's the copied text from URYLDOR's forum where I found all the essential pieces I used to gain all this. I did not unlock my boot loader though. This method nor any other would work for me so I took a shot in the dark at my method just to get root, CWM, and update as well.

ALL THANKS SHOULD BE GIVEN TO HIM FOR HIS DEVELOPMENT and if my method works for you then youre welcome to thank me for it and it alone but thank @Uryldor too.

Here is the translated guide to unlock bootloader on European model from the link I posted earlier.

I’m not responsible of any damage made to your device.

Download, unzip and run the Huawei product ID generator then select Huawei Y300-0000 in the product model field. Paste your IMEI in the product IMEI field and it should give you a product ID. We will use it later.
Go to http://en.club.vmall.com/emotiondownload.php?mod=unlock&action=apply tick the box at the end of the Unlocking Agreement and click next.

Here is what to choose/write in the form:
Product type: Smartphone
Product model: Huawei Y300-0000
Product SN: The SN of your Mate 7
Product IMEI/MEID: The IMEI of your Mate 7
Product ID: The number Product ID Generator gave you.
Enter the captcha and click submit.
Now it should give you your unlock code.

Download mate7.zip from https://mega.co.nz/#!aB8mRATA!nY7VJPUEESxBv5iRZ95vORbcjUQwLoyEyHagPi6RMGI and unzip it.
Install the driver if needed by running Driver\all\DriverSetup.exe
Copy SuperSU-PRO-V2.09.zip to your sd card.
Reboot your Mate in fastboot by holding Volume Down+Power for 10 seconds and plug it.
Unzip Recovery_b119.zip, go to tools, hold Shift and right click then choose “Open command windows here.
Type:

Now your bootloader is unlocked. Don’t close the command windows, now we will install the ClockWorkMod recovery.

In the window type:

You can flash recovery_stock.img with the same command if you want to revert back to the stock recovery.

Now go into recovery by holding Volume Up+Power for 10 seconds.
Then go to:
Install zip>choose zip from /storage/sdcard1> SuperSU-PRO-V2.09.zip and select yes.
Reboot.

Your Mate 7 is now unlocked and rooted!

Last edited:

ritdaw

Jan 17, 2007
Did you not have to flash using the force update method? I installed 141 via the local update method (came from 137) and SuperSU fails to update the binary.

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
Did you not have to flash using the force update method? I installed 141 via the local update method (came from 137) and SuperSU fails to update the binary.

Yeah but I downloaded the 141 update that has root built in. I then used "FLASHIFY" From the play store to flash the cwm.IMG. I then booted to CWM then flashed the SuperSU.zip that's mentioned in the above thread. Then made a back up in CWM. Rebooted and didn't have to update binary after all that.

Warning. Do not flash CM-11 if you used my method to root and install CWM. I did and now I'm soft bricked. I think it has something to do with the boot loader not being unlocked. I'm stuck at the "Rescue Mode" screen with the error

Error!
Func NO : 12 ( Func_load_iom3)
Error NO : 1

It took cm-11 OK. Just didn't ever boot fully so when I went to reflash the 141 update to restore it or my backup it acted like it took that fine but upon first boot back to stock I ended up stuck in "Rescue Mode" and getting the above code. ADB not recognizing it since its in "Rescue Mode" which is basically fast boot. Some fast boot commands work like Fastboot update ....... And fastboot reboot. But not " fastboot flash " does not. And that's where I think the boot loader being locked is preventing me from fast booting anything to it.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

djzero86

Oct 26, 2011
San José
Redmi Note 10
Mmmmm... bad news men... I hope you can bring to life your Huawei mate again... I use you method and works fine... but I don't think flash any Rom... maybe you can try unlock your boot loader or use Huawei hi suite?

pixel81k

Nov 4, 2011
i was able to flash the 141 with supersu - but i wasn't able to update it, nor to flash anything with flashify because there are no root-rights - at least the phone still works :)

i successfully applied steps 1 and 2
3 downwards not usable (update supersu not working, even after reboot)

UPDATE: with the force update it worked

Last edited:

djzero86

Oct 26, 2011
San José
Redmi Note 10
Question??? I installed this Rom and everything works fine... but if I delete a system app (Google maps for example)... the app is gone but when the phone reboot the apps appears again??? I use a root browser to delete the app... which should be the problem??? I am the only whit this trouble??

dekraan

Nov 9, 2008
Will this method also work when you;ve updated to lollipop? I cannot get the unlock code from huawei for my mate 7, and do want to root!

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
Question??? I installed this Rom and everything works fine... but if I delete a system app (Google maps for example)... the app is gone but when the phone reboot the apps appears again??? I use a root browser to delete the app... which should be the problem??? I am the only whit this trouble??

Its because you have to also go into data/app and delete it there, and data/data and delete it there too. Then wipe dalvik and cache. Reboot. Done.

tfBullet

Sep 6, 2013
Will this method also work when you;ve updated to lollipop? I cannot get the unlock code from huawei for my mate 7, and do want to root!

Yes, worked for me on 5.1 :)

EDIT: !!DONT FLASH!! on 5.1, phone boots, i can get into recovery, but can't install anything :(
does anyone have stock recovery for B308 5.1??

Last edited:

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
Well matt somes guys never learn like me.LOL I went and bought another Lg g flex. I still have My Mate 7 and mate 2 galaxy mega, note 3 , note 2 Did you see where Huawei may get the next Nexus line..

Sorry just seeing this message. Yeah it was just released for pre sale yesterday. Huawei does in fact make the Nexus 6p and LG makes the 5x. I'm seriously considering getting the 6p....

perna_hungarian

Apr 7, 2013
Budapest
Are you sure it works?

It works without unlock bootloader?
The 141, that the Russian guys, only the SuperSU app, but without the superuser binary, which will start during the boot process, it is not worth anything.
So much power could be any other rom.
The stock bootloader available in the boot process, and does not allow only the stock recovery.
Are you sure it works?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let me start off by saying I'm new to the Huawei Ascend Mate 7 but I'm no newcomer to Android. I've been a member of XDA for some years now. Since before IceCream sandwich. I've done my far share to help out this community as it has helped me. I'm originally a themer, but lately been working on a few ROMs. Mostly tweaked based on stock, deodexed, zip aligned, debloated, and build prop mods.
    My worth I bring to the table is I'm just BALLSY and experienced enough to try anything and flash just about anything. (With in reason of course). I seem to have acquired a unique talent to be able to unbrick every device that's been laid before me over the passed year or so as well as a few of my own. And have aided in the unbricking of several peoples device that have reached out to me on here.
    So with this uncanny ability to be able to unbrick devices I took it upon myself to take a few stabs at gaining root and flashing CWM to my MT7-L09 without unlocking the boot loader. Due to reading post after post of people not getting replies from their emails to Huawei asking for an unlock code.
    So now to the point......
    I can in NO way take credit for this development nor do I take any responsibility for your actions or decisions to follow this guide unsuccessfully.

1. First I downloaded the 141 update with Supersu built in thats posted here in this forum and the Mate7.zip posted here as well.
    Moved the 141 update with SU titled Update.zip to my sdcard/dload.

2. Went to settings/updater clocked MENU at the bottom, then selected LOCAL UPDATE.

3. After it completed (which took about 5 mins) I rebooted installed SuoerSu from the play store and SuperSu Pro. And opened to update binary.

4. Then used a Root Browser to locate the Mate7.zip that I downloaded earlier in the same forum. I then extracted its contents.

5. Download FLASHIFY from the play store. Grant SuperSU permission. And use FLASHIFY to flash the CWMRECOVERY.zip that was also in the Mate7.zip file that you extracted earlier.

6. And this is the most important thing. I don't know how many times I've seen people start modding and flashing then brick and ask for help only to realize "no I didn't make a backup". ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP IMMEDIATELY AFTER INSTALLING A CUSTOM RECOVERY. If you don't then you have no one to blame but yourself when you can restore.

So as stated above I had no hand in developing any of this. Its just a method I used to gain root, update, and gain CWM recovery WITHOUT boot loader unlock.

And here's the copied text from URYLDOR's forum where I found all the essential pieces I used to gain all this. I did not unlock my boot loader though. This method nor any other would work for me so I took a shot in the dark at my method just to get root, CWM, and update as well.

ALL THANKS SHOULD BE GIVEN TO HIM FOR HIS DEVELOPMENT and if my method works for you then youre welcome to thank me for it and it alone but thank @Uryldor too.

Here is the translated guide to unlock bootloader on European model from the link I posted earlier.

I’m not responsible of any damage made to your device.

Download, unzip and run the Huawei product ID generator then select Huawei Y300-0000 in the product model field. Paste your IMEI in the product IMEI field and it should give you a product ID. We will use it later.
    Go to http://en.club.vmall.com/emotiondownload.php?mod=unlock&action=apply tick the box at the end of the Unlocking Agreement and click next.

Here is what to choose/write in the form:
    Product type: Smartphone
    Product model: Huawei Y300-0000
    Product SN: The SN of your Mate 7
    Product IMEI/MEID: The IMEI of your Mate 7
    Product ID: The number Product ID Generator gave you.
    Enter the captcha and click submit.
    Now it should give you your unlock code.

Download mate7.zip from https://mega.co.nz/#!aB8mRATA!nY7VJPUEESxBv5iRZ95vORbcjUQwLoyEyHagPi6RMGI and unzip it.
    Install the driver if needed by running Driver\all\DriverSetup.exe
    Copy SuperSU-PRO-V2.09.zip to your sd card.
    Reboot your Mate in fastboot by holding Volume Down+Power for 10 seconds and plug it.
    Unzip Recovery_b119.zip, go to tools, hold Shift and right click then choose “Open command windows here.
    Type:

Now your bootloader is unlocked. Don’t close the command windows, now we will install the ClockWorkMod recovery.

In the window type:

You can flash recovery_stock.img with the same command if you want to revert back to the stock recovery.

Now go into recovery by holding Volume Up+Power for 10 seconds.
    Then go to:
    Install zip>choose zip from /storage/sdcard1> SuperSU-PRO-V2.09.zip and select yes.
    Reboot.

Your Mate 7 is now unlocked and rooted!
    your warranty, but as far as i can tell it doesn't break any features