• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question How i got my CE 5G working after a soft brick. And the problems i came up against.

Search This thread

ComfySofa

May 25, 2009
Before i start many thanks to Aman - thanks for being extremely patient and helping out no end.!!

So, first and foremost i followed the instructions in the rooting guide and for me it went wrong. I wasnt sure i was doing it correctly but like following a **** satnav i blindly carried on and soft bricked it.....not to worry im all good again - this was my 3 week journey. I thought it would be good to put down my experience as while ive rooted a lot of phones in my life at the same time i dont do them that often so i always find that im always... "learning again".

Followed the instructions on the other thread and downloaded the image, extracted it using the payload dumper - that itself was a pain in the arse as i couldnt get the linked one running - spent a good few afternoons, gave up and found one called "payload dumper 2021" which gave me a convenient exe to run and that worked fine (hurdle one over) - im trying to find the link to it so i can post it here but i cant...if i can ill update this thread...

I think this is where i started going wrong...i patched the boot.img from the downloaded os and flashed my phone. I got a black screen after booting (looking like it was dead) but if i held down the power button the reboot window showed up. Tried a wipe of cache etc etc but it didnt change.....not sure what i did after that as it was 3 weeks ago but ended up with a softbricked phone - all it would do on boot was crash dump. i had fastboot and recovery.

I tried the MSM tool on 3 different bits of hardware and none worked. Always hit the Firehose timeout error at 16seconds.

I also tried manually flashing the images but hit an error when i tried to reflash the product and system images....filesystem error.

Cue Enhanced Fastboot

Put the phone into fastbootd and away you go. I actually had a couple of these phones to do so used the Oxygen updater to get the latest version of the os (i got 11.0.11.11EB13BA) - extracted that, patched it with magisk so it was ready to go.

Once i had reflashed the phone - using the enhanced fastboot Aman told me to delete the "cow" paritions first - this was where i was hitting the error manually flashing. Browse to the payload.bin file and it did the rest. Phone rebooted and it was alive again. Back into fastboot to install the patched boot,img (this was taken from 11.0.11.11EB13BA). Once rebooted i installed magisk by copying it over to the phone first and then a straight install.

Reboot the phone again, once booted with usb debugging on i then launched "adb shell" then type "su" - the request for root appeared on the phone and im done,

Not sure what the legalities of sharing the above OS image and the patched boot.img that goes with it are.

If anyone gets stuck ill try my best to help as others have helped me.

Before i start many thanks to Aman - thanks for being extremely patient and helping out no end.!!

So, first and foremost i followed the instructions in the rooting guide and for me it went wrong. I wasnt sure i was doing it correctly but like following a **** satnav i blindly carried on and soft bricked it.....not to worry im all good again - this was my 3 week journey. I thought it would be good to put down my experience as while ive rooted a lot of phones in my life at the same time i dont do them that often so i always find that im always... "learning again".

Followed the instructions on the other thread and downloaded the image, extracted it using the payload dumper - that itself was a pain in the arse as i couldnt get the linked one running - spent a good few afternoons, gave up and found one called "payload dumper 2021" which gave me a convenient exe to run and that worked fine (hurdle one over) - im trying to find the link to it so i can post it here but i cant...if i can ill update this thread...

I think this is where i started going wrong...i patched the boot.img from the downloaded os and flashed my phone. I got a black screen after booting (looking like it was dead) but if i held down the power button the reboot window showed up. Tried a wipe of cache etc etc but it didnt change.....not sure what i did after that as it was 3 weeks ago but ended up with a softbricked phone - all it would do on boot was crash dump. i had fastboot and recovery.

I tried the MSM tool on 3 different bits of hardware and none worked. Always hit the Firehose timeout error at 16seconds.

I also tried manually flashing the images but hit an error when i tried to reflash the product and system images....filesystem error.

Cue Enhanced Fastboot

Put the phone into fastbootd and away you go. I actually had a couple of these phones to do so used the Oxygen updater to get the latest version of the os (i got 11.0.11.11EB13BA) - extracted that, patched it with magisk so it was ready to go.

Once i had reflashed the phone - using the enhanced fastboot Aman told me to delete the "cow" paritions first - this was where i was hitting the error manually flashing. Browse to the payload.bin file and it did the rest. Phone rebooted and it was alive again. Back into fastboot to install the patched boot,img (this was taken from 11.0.11.11EB13BA). Once rebooted i installed magisk by copying it over to the phone first and then a straight install.

Reboot the phone again, once booted with usb debugging on i then launched "adb shell" then type "su" - the request for root appeared on the phone and im done,

Not sure what the legalities of sharing the above OS image and the patched boot.img that goes with it are.

Told ya, that the people in the telegram group could may help you out! :)
Happy to hear that everything is working again 👍

sam_htc_touch

Feb 17, 2008

Hi, seems like I have managed to brick my phone as well that was received this morning only and I proceeded to root it. Tried the MSM Tool, but that doesn't seem to be detecting the OnePlus Nord CE 5g, device manager showed my phone as QUSB_BULK_CID:... which wasn't correct so installed the QualComm USB Drivers from here after which the phone was detected as QDLoader9008..However, that doesn't seem to have helped as well as there was absolutely nothing happening in the MSM Tool

Am wondering what can be done to revive the phone?

ComfySofa

May 25, 2009
Hi, seems like I have managed to brick my phone as well that was received this morning only and I proceeded to root it. Tried the MSM Tool, but that doesn't seem to be detecting the OnePlus Nord CE 5g, device manager showed my phone as QUSB_BULK_CID:... which wasn't correct so installed the QualComm USB Drivers from here after which the phone was detected as QDLoader9008..However, that doesn't seem to have helped as well as there was absolutely nothing happening in the MSM Tool

Am wondering what can be done to revive the phone?

Well, lets try.....first and foremost you need a rom and you need the enhanced fastboot software.....ill see if i can find a link...

ComfySofa

May 25, 2009
Once youre in fastbootd mode - can be fiddly....get the latest plaform tools download and type in fastboot reboot fastboot while your in standard fastboot mode (with the green "start" at the top left)

youll know when your in fastbootd as it looks like recovery but says fastbootd in the middle of the screen....launch the fastboot enhanced and the click on the load payload.bin file from the extracted .zip file of the rom you downloaded - i got 11.0.11.11 using the oxygen downloader app but if youre phone is bricked im not sure than can be loaded up on another phone....

sam_htc_touch

Feb 17, 2008
Well, lets try.....first and foremost you need a rom and you need the enhanced fastboot software.....ill see if i can find a link...
Thanks for the super quick response :)
I had already tried the Fastboot Enhance v1.3.0, but that doesn't seem to detect my phone either. Wondering if I have lost ADB etc and hence the phone is not being detected anymore? And that is the first thing that needs to be fixed somehow?

ComfySofa

May 25, 2009
Youre more than welcome....its needs to be in fastbootd mode for the enhanced fastboot to do its work....what have you got at the moment onscreen?

sam_htc_touch

Feb 17, 2008
Youre more than welcome....its needs to be in fastbootd mode for the enhanced fastboot to do its work....what have you got at the moment onscreen?
It's completely black, I was earlier able to get into Recovery Mode, but that's no longer happening as well - Did manage to somehow come into Safe Mode (shown at the bottom left corner) earlier but at the moment its completely black.

ComfySofa

May 25, 2009
ok. if you hold the power and up volume down without the usb cable in to hard reset it then when it vibrates the once hold the down volume button down (hopefully that should get it into standard fastboot mode)

sam_htc_touch

Feb 17, 2008
ok. if you hold the power and up volume down without the usb cable in to hard reset it then when it vibrates the once hold the down volume button down (hopefully that should get it into standard fastboot mode)
somehow not able to get into fastboot mode anymore, it shows the standard warning about bootloader being unlocked and then proceeds to attempt to boot with red dot in between and smaller white circles revolving around it...this goes into an endless loop - the only way to come out of that is by long pressing the power button which brings up the option to either "power off" or "restart"

and the story repeats :-(

ComfySofa

May 25, 2009
Well, if its any consolation yours is in better shape than mine was....youve still got a sort of working os.....! mine just went to crash dump mode....99% sure youve still got fastboot its just gonna be a bit of a faff getting into that mode....definately the way youre doing the key pressing/holding...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Cue Enhanced Fastboot