How I got rid of constant reboots

Search This thread

FD_

Oct 16, 2012
Hi guys!
My Note 8.0 had the problem of rebooting whenever an app crashed. The screen would just display the status bar, the rest of the screen filled black. The device did not react to taps on the touchscreen, and after some 30 seconds, the device just started to reboot.

A quick Google on the topic led me to a few threads where people seemed to have had similar problems, but only resolved them by changing their device - but I did not want to give my new Note away:eek:

I had rooted my device right after I had bought it using the simplest possibility - Framaroot. The Aragom exploit had worked immediately and I was enjoying root on my new Note 8.

As I realized that the rebooting problem was not just a random event, but happened every time an app crashed, I started suspecting my root of being the problem. I unrooted the device again using Framaroot, and run a small app I wrote that does nothing but crash with a NullpointerExpception. This test app had led to a reboot on the rooted device, but after the unrooting, the screen only froze for a short amount of time, then a message was displayed saying the app crashed - hurray, no reboot.:victory:
Just to test, I rerooted using the same procedure as before, and the reboot returned.

At that point, I knew how to get rid of the reboots. But still, I wanted to have root access on my device.

Solving the problem was as simple as choosing SuperSU in Framaroot instead of Superuser. Once I had chosen this option in Framaroot, the reboots seem to have gone.

I don't know if that was a known bug of SuperSU (don't know the version that came with Framaroot).

I hope this helps anyone with similar problems.

Also, I am curious to hear if anyone else has made the experience that rooting with Framaroot, choosing the Aragom exploit and Superuser as the superuser app led to frequent crashes?

cavsoldier19d

Feb 1, 2011
Florida
There are two different proven and stable root methods posted in the note 8 original development subforum by trusted and well known devs. If you use rooting methods posted outside of xda or elsewhere, you are looking for trouble.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2