How is team mobil

Search This thread

Tungsten c

Mar 3, 2011
Guys been with sprint 15 years I have a note 3 which I am able to do voice and data simultaneously. I am trying to update but non of the phones aprint offers are abke to do that. So i am lookjng around. What are the experience on team mobil? What to look for what sucks whats good thanks

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA-Developers mobile app

kxhaz

Aug 21, 2009
Kansas City
A lot depends on location and where you may travel. I live in KC (home of Sprint) and had Sprint for 4 years before I switched to T-Mobile earlier this year. In KC where Sprint advertises they are the #1 carrier my T-Mobile service blows them out of the water. For data I would get 5 to 7 mbps down on Sprint and on T-Mobile I get 12-20+ . However I went to a wedding in the middle of no-where Iowa and did not have service most of the time. I have also been to Omaha for business and can have great service at one spot and then a few blocks away no service. My son also had problems when he was there and was going to go in to a T-Mobile store, but there were none in Omaha. So to be location is the biggest issue.

I am on a 4 line 10gb per month per line plan, the 10gb is LTE then it goes to 2x data (not that I have gone over 10gb in a month). Three of the lines have the data stash built up to 20GB so we will always have LTE. My son who streams all the time on his phone this month is at 28GB used on the network, but only 9GB used on plan because of Binge On, he also had 9GB in his data stash (since YouTube was added to Binge On). He does not have cable in his apartment and they have a wifi cap on their internet plan so he does not connect to Wifi even at home. This has worked great for him. He is in a smaller college town in Missouri and has very good coverage there as well.

I am paying less for T-Mobile than Sprint and with the Jump On Demand, have had the Note 5, S7 Edge and now the Note 7 since I started in January. I could not be happier and unless they drop Jump on Demand or their coverage get worse (both unlikely) I would not switch to another carrier if they even beat T-Mobiles price by a few dollars.

Last edited:

DVS_Sokar

Apr 26, 2009
Sacramento,CA
He previously stated location matters.

I have had all phone carriers and tested many many devices of the years. There are 2 absolute truths about the cellular industry.

1. The Hardware you use can affect the level of service
2. The service you select has strong areas and weak ones.

To give an example. I am in Sacramento, CA on T-Mobile. I just Jumped to the Note 7 because the iPhone 6S Plus I was on kept dropping data and calls in the states capital. Knowing that equipment and switches in the towers can "not get along very well" I decided to try the Note 7 in the exact same areas. I have had 100% LTE coverage with very fast data in all areas but on T-Mobile still.

So the trick is finding the right Phone and the Right service. I personally like T-Mobile the best right now after trying all carriers. They have great data and voice coverage for me in my area and places I have been and they offer many more benefits and respect me more as a customer than Big Red or Baby Blue. I did not have the best experience on Sprint in my area regardless of the device.

The cost and benefits are what continue to make me a happy T-Mobile customer. I do think Android devices are superior in connectivity and customization but iPhone hands down has a more seamless out of the box user experience. I would not give my note 7 up for one again though.

Thanks,

ggrant3876

Jun 17, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
I've had T-Mobile for 12 years now and would never go to another. As stated above location does matter, at my house I have 4-5 Mbps and just 3 miles to the North I get around 50 Mbps. At home I'm on wifi most of the time but data is usually enough to use as a hotspot when the internet is down.

fgcchevy

May 1, 2010
Center Hill
I live in central Florida, and we just moved our family plan from Sprint to T-Mobile, after 13 years. After 1 week so far on T-Mobile, i don't regret it 1 bit! What good is unlimited data on Sprint, if it's unusable? Time will tell I guess, but so far, I'm happy!

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
I love T-Mobile, they really shake up whole phone industry and 60mbps lte at my home plus wifi calling (which nobody else had until just couple yrs ago) does help, but even oh so vain VZ has dead spots (been there), so maybe get 1 month prepaid SIM card and see how it works in your area to be sure? But probably local T-mo shop would be the best place to ask. Best thing about T-mo: no contract (thank you T-mo for bringing it in) except for phone payments , if you buy it on instalments, so if you not happy, pay off the phone, sell it and be on your marry way

Tidbits

Mar 5, 2011
Pearl City
Samsung Galaxy S21
Yes all GSM network are voice and data at the same time after Edge(2G).
Been with all 4 major carriers since the 90's (work reasons) and we dropped Sprint roughly 5 years ago. We helped them build a tower on the property and they tried to can us and make up pay the ETF for excessive roaming... How do you figure that one when everyone they canned and lost our numbers when we are less than 1/10 a mile from their tower we can see out the window.

T-Mobile if they have the coverage they are the best bang for your buck. Sorry, but I can not for the life of me paying 40% less than Verizon, but only gettinf 20% of the coverage in places of travel.

Take T-Mobile Jump on Demand if you switch. If they don't have the coverage you need they'll unlock your phone and let you switch carriers(you still have to pay payments for your phone).

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
Yes all GSM network are voice and data at the same time after Edge(2G).
Been with all 4 major carriers since the 90's (work reasons) and we dropped Sprint roughly 5 years ago. We helped them build a tower on the property and they tried to can us and make up pay the ETF for excessive roaming... How do you figure that one when everyone they canned and lost our numbers when we are less than 1/10 a mile from their tower we can see out the window.

T-Mobile if they have the coverage they are the best bang for your buck. Sorry, but I can not for the life of me paying 40% less than Verizon, but only gettinf 20% of the coverage in places of travel.

Take T-Mobile Jump on Demand if you switch. If they don't have the coverage you need they'll unlock your phone and let you switch carriers(you still have to pay payments for your phone).

You must be going to pretty far away places, because before I switched I had VZ and my friend had T-mo. We travelled together along east coast, from NY to Fla and we were dead even as far as coverage, except Everglades, where T-mo had some spotty signal and VZ didn't, that was the day I switched and never looked back. This was few yrs ago, but if anything things are better now. VZ usually has better coverage in less populated areas, but not as much as you make it and in most higher population areas like whole east coast, they're pretty much even. Of course if you dont have signal and you need it, you dont care, if it was the only place in whole US, but my wife called me on t-mo sim card over wifi from China, for free. Try that on VZ .

Tidbits

Mar 5, 2011
Pearl City
Samsung Galaxy S21
That's high populated places... outside that Verizon and AT&T win hands down. Also there have been numerous times in populated places like San Francisco where T-Mobile has little to no coverage in many parts. My job requires me to be in on multiple places in a single city. If the coverage was like how you think it is Verizon wouldn't be our main provider. Yes they have gotten better but not as good as the media or you experienced.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone