• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

How is your 4G/LTE speed?

Search This thread

Nexus5-32GB

Nov 2, 2013
I have found very odd LTE speeds on my Poco F1, seems like it is somehow limited and I cannot figure out why.

I have done around 20 speed tests comparing results with OnePlus 5 = both same location during testing (tried around 4 locations in total), same time (one tested after the other), same network, exactly same plan on both simcards, tested both sim card slots in Poco F1 without any difference.

The results were sometimes 4x slower on Poco F1 compared OP5 and everytime slower that OP5 - usually HALF slower than OP5 on DL same as on UL. The highest DL speed I got in PocoF1 was around 60Mbits when OP5 scored 120Mbits. The worst score was around 25Mbits when OP5 was doing 120Mbits.

Can you please try it yourself with your friends and let me know the results?

I was on latest stable MIUI rom without any tweaks etc.

Last edited:

ekin_strops

Apr 29, 2016
Munich
This depends on so many factors. First is the network coverage. You can't really compare one phone to another as both the phones could use different frequency (Bands). Maybe OP5 has better network coverage and in this case, you would have faster LTE, most likely. Also, our result could be relevant to your problem as we use different network providers and different network providers can have different LTE speeds.

Nexus5-32GB

Nov 2, 2013
This depends on so many factors. First is the network coverage. You can't really compare one phone to another as both the phones could use different frequency (Bands). Maybe OP5 has better network coverage and in this case, you would have faster LTE, most likely. Also, our result could be relevant to your problem as we use different network providers and different network providers can have different LTE speeds.

I was asking if somebody can do similar test as I did = same location and network/same plan with Poco F1 and any other phone. To my knowledge Poco F1 global model has all LTE bands same as OnePlus 5, so there shouldnt be any issue.

ekin_strops

Apr 29, 2016
Munich
I was asking if somebody can do similar test as I did = same location and network/same plan with Poco F1 and any other phone. To my knowledge Poco F1 global model has all LTE bands same as OnePlus 5, so there shouldnt be any issue.

Then your knowledge is wrong. Check the network bands on both. bands.PNG

Check the photo I atached.

Nexus5-32GB

Nov 2, 2013
Then your knowledge is wrong. Check the network bands on both. View attachment 4743457

this is irrelevant as all LTE bands used in my country are supported on both devices. It is 800Mhz, 1800Mhz and 2100Mhz. Also checked coverage area where I was doing tests and it shows only these 3 bands are used by my carrier. It seems to me like my Poco F1 is not able to use multiple bands in the same time.

Reactions: rajeshkoshti

ekin_strops

Apr 29, 2016
Munich
this is irrelevant as all LTE bands used in my country are supported on both devices. It is 800Mhz, 1800Mhz and 2100Mhz. Also checked coverage area where I was doing tests and it shows only these 3 bands are used by my carrier. It seems to me like my Poco F1 is not bale to use multiple bands in the same time.

Did you check that Poco is using the same band (connected on the same band) while testing?

MasterFURQAN

Dec 12, 2013
Srinagar
I did not check which band it was connected to during tests on any of two phones I was testing. I was more focused on testing the speed under same conditions.
Use network signal guru from play store to check (and Change) the band that the phone is using. It needs the phone to be rooted. I've used it a couple of times on poco F1. But I can't compare it with any other phone as I don't have any other rooted 4G phones.

Mafioso

Nov 13, 2007
Pune
I'm also having similar issue on Poco on Jio 4g+ network. I'm comparing it with K8 Plus which is vanilla 4g phone. Speeds on K8 plus are usually higher by factor of 2-3 in same location and same speedtest server. However I don't get such high speeds in my area, poco will give 1-3 Mbps, while k8 plus will give 4-6mpbs. This is when poco is displaying 4g+ icon.

My personal opinion is 4g+ is mostly the culprit here, probably it has buggy implementation on poco as speeds on Idea 4g (not 4g+) is similar on both phones. I couldn't find anyway to disable CA with Jio on poco to confirm this theory though.

Reactions: donk165

Nexus5-32GB

Nov 2, 2013
I'm also having similar issue on Poco on Jio 4g+ network. I'm comparing it with K8 Plus which is vanilla 4g phone. Speeds on K8 plus are usually higher by factor of 2-3 in same location and same speedtest server. However I don't get such high speeds in my area, poco will give 1-3 Mbps, while k8 plus will give 4-6mpbs. This is when poco is displaying 4g+ icon.

My personal opinion is 4g+ is mostly the culprit here, probably it has buggy implementation on poco as speeds on Idea 4g (not 4g+) is similar on both phones. I couldn't find anyway to disable CA with Jio on poco to confirm this theory though.

I have never seen 4G+ icon on my Poco :eek: Not on single rom I have tested so far... And I am in covrege of 4G+ signal... even my spouse OP3T gets it...

Reactions: drofaue

Daruwalla

Jun 15, 2011
Zambia

Disagree. I usually get 20-30mbps with Jio when I'm inside house with 4g+ and when I'm outside with 4g+ coverage, it goes from 50-80mbps. That's a huge difference for me when I never got such speeds with any of the other phones. For me, Poco is the fastest in providing speed as compared to my other phones.

miimaa

Aug 10, 2013
Rauma
I'm also having problems with Poco's 4g.

My operator provides me internet with 100/10 Mbits. My results with Speedtest goes around 4-7 Mbits.
My country has same 4G Mhz's that Poco uses. I'm having the 4G icon top of the screen, but still veeeery slow internet connection.

I've tried several roms and now I'm on Pixel Experience.

Mafioso

Nov 13, 2007
Pune
Disagree. I usually get 20-30mbps with Jio when I'm inside house with 4g+ and when I'm outside with 4g+ coverage, it goes from 50-80mbps. That's a huge difference for me when I never got such speeds with any of the other phones. For me, Poco is the fastest in providing speed as compared to my other phones.

Might be region specific then. I'm in Pune, get ample 4g+ coverage but pathetic speeds. It has been huge disappointment for me, as one of the reasons for going for poco was 4g+ which other phones in similar price range lacked.

I have never seen 4G+ icon on my Poco :eek: Not on single rom I have tested so far... And I am in covrege of 4G+ signal... even my spouse OP3T gets it...

That's strange. I get 4g+ in stock MIUI roms as well as Lineage OS also (LTE+)

Last edited:

power_8383

Jun 2, 2012
Pune
I have found very odd LTE speeds on my Poco F1, seems like it is somehow limited and I cannot figure out why.

I have done around 20 speed tests comparing results with OnePlus 5 = both same location during testing (tried around 4 locations in total), same time (one tested after the other), same network, exactly same plan on both simcards, tested both sim card slots in Poco F1 without any difference.

The results were sometimes 4x slower on Poco F1 compared OP5 and everytime slower that OP5 - usually HALF slower than OP5 on DL same as on UL. The highest DL speed I got in PocoF1 was around 60Mbits when OP5 scored 120Mbits. The worst score was around 25Mbits when OP5 was doing 120Mbits.

Can you please try it yourself with your friends and let me know the results?

I was on latest stable MIUI rom without any tweaks etc.

Yes, 4G speed on Poco F1 is very slow, if I compare it with Asus Zenfone 5Z
While using hotspot, Zenfone gives me the download speeds of 4 MBps to 6 MBps
On the other hand, Poco's 4G speed is 600 KBps to 1.2 MBps

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Then your knowledge is wrong. Check the network bands on both. View attachment 4743457

this is irrelevant as all LTE bands used in my country are supported on both devices. It is 800Mhz, 1800Mhz and 2100Mhz. Also checked coverage area where I was doing tests and it shows only these 3 bands are used by my carrier. It seems to me like my Poco F1 is not able to use multiple bands in the same time.