• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

How is your battery?

Search This thread

nickporwal

May 6, 2010
Standby does drain the battery. Its very weird. Samsung really needs to fix this. Does Samsung release the fix on between the months? I am coming from pixel 3, so no idea how Samsung release the fixes.
But my battery has definitely improved. I have disabled bixby services. Using black theme. I have put the apps to sleep which are not useful. Screenshot_20190311-035334_Settings.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: kezzuki

nathimann

Apr 23, 2017
Just made an account to adress how terrible my battery life is during standby. I see that others have this issue too. I got like 25% battery drain in 3 hours time without touching the phone. Is this something that is caused cause of the battery learning pattern? Or do I have a faulty product? Even my S8 which is 2 years old doesn't have this terrible battery drain. Or am I just overreacting and I just have to deal with this?

Reactions: spiderio

k0nkuzh0n

Jan 22, 2011
Have you guys used Accubattery?

I get pretty good battery life compared to S9, but its estimating my battery at only 3050 mAh (For an S10, not S10e), no where near the 3400 mAh speced. Thinking I'm going to try to exchange my phone, but will likely have to just return and buy a new one.

Last edited:

tissot201

Oct 24, 2010
So far been very happy with the S10e Exynos battery. Was at home all day yesterday, 5hrs SOT with about 40% battery left. Had WIFI on, LTE on, AOD on, Dark mode on, Bluetooth off. Only used browser, youtube, email and sms. Disabled a lot of apps I don't use

shri080

Sep 20, 2011
Bangalore
It's pretty bad on my S10E exynos version. It comes down to 15% by 6 PM. I start my day around 8 in the morning and do the usual stuff on the phone. Hoping it will get better after few recharges. But I have already played an order for the battery case from Ali Express.

JayRolla

Mar 8, 2011
i have the same and i don't know why , the quick drain after being unplugged is driving me crazy , it drops from 100 to 98 without any usage or any reason

which it gets better over time , also the standby even with airplane mode is draining battery .

This is done on purpose and has been done for ever. The phone stops charging at 100% and will drop to 98 or 97% then it will charge again. This is to avoid overcharging and tries to save the battery. People used to complain that the battery never hit 100% so now the UI just says 100% but its actually at 98% and reflects that once you unplug.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

On my second full charge. No battery tweeks, nothing disabled in settings I was able to get 35 hours between charges, 4 hours SOT with s10+ 855cpu. Not bad IMO.

Davey Dual Sim

Oct 4, 2017
Superb, UK S10+, everything on, Dual sims both flat out LTE no Wifi, WQHD, adaptive brightness and battery

S9 could not last a hard days work ( I work predominantly on a phone )Screenshot_20190311-203218_Settings.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: tieffenentzerrer

spiderio

Aug 28, 2009
Jakarta
No idle battery drain here. Did u guys update to the latest build?
I think the battery drain is only affect exynos version like mine

I hate the battery drain.. I hope Samsung will hear and solve this problem

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

This is done on purpose and has been done for ever. The phone stops charging at 100% and will drop to 98 or 97% then it will charge again. This is to avoid overcharging and tries to save the battery. People used to complain that the battery never hit 100% so now the UI just says 100% but its actually at 98% and reflects that once you unplug.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

On my second full charge. No battery tweeks, nothing disabled in settings I was able to get 35 hours between charges, 4 hours SOT with s10+ 855cpu. Not bad IMO.

I can assure you that Snapdragon Battery management is better than the Exynos version

Reactions: Majin101

Mohamad Gahed

Feb 1, 2015
guys i have the exynos version and had the battery drain while idle it was losing around 5 to 6% in just 4 hours sleep ,

yesterday i tried to turn off the AOD completly and the Egdge lightining and put the phone on FHD+ and recharged it to 95%

i got 5H:7Minutes of SOT till 20% of battery and i got asleep at 2AM and i wake up at 10AM and it lost 2% only which is great and even better than my old IPHONE X

am trying more today & will feed you back but till now i think the AOD or the Edge Light have great effect on stand by drain or it may just be the battery getting better with time , its my 4th day with the phone.

my settings :
Sync always ON
Location Always ON
Black mode ON
Face Book and Instagram installed and been using them

Reactions: spiderio

mostling

Oct 5, 2008
Yeah, i'm not even making it through the day today not by a long shot.
Super disappointed and really thinking of going back to my P20 Pro, good thing i didn't sell it yet...
Exynos S10.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190312-160856_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190312-160856_Settings.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 321

Top Liked Posts