How LOCK LTE Only or 5G Only On Samsung Galaxy Series

Search This thread

zokerbro

Jan 13, 2014
jakarta
Hello Everybody ! now i will Share tips how to Lock LTE Band on Samsung Galaxy device. With this tutorial we can lock Frequency of LTE Band frequency networks. so that the connection becomes more stable.
How to Lock  LTE Band Selection On Samsung Galaxy Without Root

This method is specifically for Samsung Galaxy. Because the default hiddennetwork system application is available. for devices with other brands and types, I haven't tried it.
Please follow the following methods:
1. DOWNLOAD Force 4G LTE Only 2020 Pro application from Google Play
2. Run the Application
3. Select SIM 1 Only menu, then Hidden Activity
4. wait to load until 100%
5. tap the search box type Hiddennetwork
6. In the call setting section, there is a hiddennetwork activity.
7. Long Tap 3 options will appear: Create Shortcut, Launch Activity, Edit Shortcut. I recommend Select Create Shortcut to make it easier for us to enter network activity mode without having to bother opening the Force 4G LTE Only 2020 Pro application.
8. Please select Launch Activity to enter the system Network Mode to select network mode.
9. tap the three-line menu in the left corner. select Band Selection to lock LTE band. please select a frequency band then slide the toggle selection to activate it.

Last edited:

raul6

Jan 26, 2009
No need for an app to disable 5g. Simply change settings. No need to even disable 5g in areas where there is no coverage

Reactions: Floppyhatmike

Nastrahl

The best way is to use the official Samsung's tool. It's an activity you can't open without a third party app like Activity Launcher (free and open source).

Once downloaded you can launch an hidden activity with which you'll be able to lock any protocol and / or 4G / 5G bands you want, and make a shortcut for easy access.

yaesudx

Apr 10, 2010
Braunschweig
Yes but this is not the question asked.
For my knowledge no one has released an app where you can force 5g only! There is also no Possibility over the Samsung Hidden Network settings! Yes you can choose all bands Manually but off course you need to know which specific 5g band is active in your area! Than every country and provider is using different band configurations. So that is why it would be great to have an 5g only Mode which is working automatically and fast.

If any one finds out an options to lock 5g only (not the Samsung band selection) please share it

Nastrahl

Yes but this is not the question asked.
For my knowledge no one has released an app where you can force 5g only! There is also no Possibility over the Samsung Hidden Network settings! Yes you can choose all bands Manually but off course you need to know which specific 5g band is active in your area! Than every country and provider is using different band configurations. So that is why it would be great to have an 5g only Mode which is working automatically and fast.

If any one finds out an options to lock 5g only (not the Samsung band selection) please share it

The apps shows all that your phone supports, not the country or provider specifics. just select all and only the 5G NR, regardless.

On my side I've also got a separated 5G section which i presume we'll be able to set too (there's no 5G yet in my country so i can't test it yet).

It works for all the other protocols so there's no reason it doesn't for 5G.

yaesudx

Apr 10, 2010
Braunschweig
The apps shows all that your phone supports, not the country or provider specifics. just select all and only the 5G NR, regardless.

On my side I've also got a separated 5G section which i presume we'll be able to set too (there's no 5G yet in my country so i can't test it yet).

The 5G Option on the upper left Menu from Samsung HiddenNetwork 5G MTSC has no Function just for your information. Even if you have 5G coverage.

Here in Germany 5g anyway is rolled out on several low band frequencies which have good coverage but low bandwidth. So in my case it's Telekom LTE Band 1 which is used for 3,5G band or H+ and also via DSS for 4g and 5g.If I lock this band I got only 4g Shown in the Status bar even if it's used for 5g.

Maybe later or in areas where high band 5g is available is available there is a chance of 5g only when you lock the correct band. I can only test with the 2100 Mhz N1 band but it's not locking as 5g only 4g.

klisza1993

The 5G Option on the upper left Menu from Samsung HiddenNetwork 5G MTSC has no Function just for your information. Even if you have 5G coverage.

Here in Germany 5g anyway is rolled out on several low band frequencies which have good coverage but low bandwidth. So in my case it's Telekom LTE Band 1 which is used for 3,5G band or H+ and also via DSS for 4g and 5g.If I lock this band I got only 4g Shown in the Status bar even if it's used for 5g.

Maybe later or in areas where high band 5g is available is available there is a chance of 5g only when you lock the correct band. I can only test with the 2100 Mhz N1 band but it's not locking as 5g only 4g.
Where can i find such menu ?

klisza1993

I did debrand from my local provider. From PLS (Poland) to INS(India) - it has native feature to record calls. But now im wonder if i have such features like 5G xD
5G isnt needed cuz now its a very small procentage of coverage ^^
Screenshot_20210116-222411_Call settings.jpg
Screenshot_20210116-222629_Call settings.jpg
Screenshot_20210116-222657_Call settings.jpg

In hidden networka i cant see any option ^^

Floppyhatmike

Dec 24, 2021
The best way is to use the official Samsung's tool. It's an activity you can't open without a third party app like Activity Launcher (free and open source).

Once downloaded you can launch an hidden activity with which you'll be able to lock any protocol and / or 4G / 5G bands you want, and make a shortcut for easy access.
What is the sansung official tool? Thanks

Nastrahl

What is the sansung official tool? Thanks
That one

In Activity Launcher, search for 'hidden'

Mine is in French, but if i translate it well, it should be named 'Call Settings'

The package name is still universally named in English so a search with 'hidden should bring it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220117-225119_Activity Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220117-225119_Activity Launcher.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 164

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No need for an app to disable 5g. Simply change settings. No need to even disable 5g in areas where there is no coverage

Where can i find such menu ?