How long have you owned your HD2 since new???

Search This thread

johnerz

Jan 28, 2010
Chippenham
Had mine from the 1st of Feb 2010, and i would get a new one again on contract if they were available :)

Android is a new lease of life and Coredroid is fast very stable and good battery life :D :D :D

audioslim

Oct 7, 2010
Manchester
Had mine 18 months. Android on it for 4 months. I've dropped it loads even in a puddle once and its still as good as new. Fantastic phone no doubt

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

JRK-Scope

Jul 17, 2009
Ashrafieh
I've had my phone for just over a year now, and I love how it's still somewhat competitive (except with the most recently announced phones) with the Android and WP7 market. The HD2 is one of the most well-built phones IMO, and I love the versatility and hackability it offers me. Nothing gives more nerd cred than switching from Android to WP7 in a matter of a few minutes. Just wish I could have also had WebOS too :(

rnscotch

Sep 23, 2007
Scotlandshire
I've had mine since launch, not had a single problem with it IMHO it is the best phone ever.. I even picked up two faulty ones on eBay for parts incase something happens.

Sent from my HD2

silverwind

Mar 2, 2010
Neverending Land
Got it in Feb 2010 - Run lots of Android builds on it, and never run into a problem yet *fingers crossed*

And I wouldn't hesitate to get another one if this one dies.

I bought in 31st December 2009 while celebrating new year in Hongkong ;)
Never had a problem until couple weeks ago. :(

I found many badblocks in the NAND due to (IMO) my excessive flashing habit:eek: I now cant flash ANdroid but it still works fine in Winmo. Strange huh :cool:

I already bought Desire Z and will sell HD2 once I get Xperia Arc in April 9th :D

cheers...

BobbyDean

Nov 30, 2010
Love my HD2

Had mine since November 2010 ... got it cheap as it had a broken touch screen, volume buttons etc, replaced them and had no problems :D. I love how customizable it is and after playing with my girlfriend's WP7 HTC Mozart I will definitely be hanging on to my HD2 for as long as I can ... She even wants me to try and find a way of downgrading her phone back to WM6.5.x so she can customize hers like mine ... Sorry but really dislike WP7

shift_8125

Nov 21, 2008
Had my Awesome HD2 since Feb 2010 going from showing buds of booting haret to just a few weeks ago when it slid off my lap into afinity running CyanogenMod NAND. Just got my Refurb last week hopefully to have till at least 2011.

siddharth singh

Oct 9, 2009
kolkata
:p :p:p

I bought in 31st December 2009 while celebrating new year in Hongkong ;)
Never had a problem until couple weeks ago. :(

I found many badblocks in the NAND due to (IMO) my excessive flashing habit:eek: I now cant flash ANdroid but it still works fine in Winmo. Strange huh :cool:

I already bought Desire Z and will sell HD2 once I get Xperia Arc in April 9th :D

cheers...

dont u dare speak bout selling ur hd2 if i were in ur place i would keep it in my gadget museum,if i had one,i would never even think of selling my hd2.... :p

edit:: its one of a kind

Cenobite_

Jan 16, 2007
Got mine in Feb last year. Been flashing Artemis' roms. But switched to Dutty's some months ago. Is much more stable now.

I was wondering, what device would I get I my contract would end. Which is not until May next year. An HD7 or an Android....

THUDUK

Aug 12, 2007
eastbourne
Came from the HD to the HD2 about a year ago, its been wm6.5, Android SD, Android NAND, WP7 and now WP7 with Android on the SD.

Love this phone, part of me keeps thinking about either trading in for a HD7 and going the WP7 route, the other bit thinks about trading in for an Desire HD, but the biggest part of me says stay with the HD2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Had mine since March 2010, bought it from someone who got it at launch. Far better today than it was a year ago running an N1 build!

Have never had to send it for repair or anything like that. (Touch wood)

Sent from my Nexus One
    With all of the repeated "Stuck at the stick together screen", "wont turn on" comments and threads I have seen. I am wondering if it is even worth buying another one of these phones. Just curious and no this will not help my decision, but I am curious of how long have some of you had your HD2's? Is there anybody that still have their HD2 since launch?

A large number of those are user error.. Some don't read it all and make a mistake halfway threw then blame the phone..

I've gone threw 2 HD's first one broke when i dropped it.. But other then that Never had a problem

Had them for a year or so
    With all of the repeated "Stuck at the stick together screen", "wont turn on" comments and threads I have seen. I am wondering if it is even worth buying another one of these phones. Just curious and no this will not help my decision, but I am curious of how long have some of you had your HD2's? Is there anybody that still have their HD2 since launch?

I've had my phone for about a year, traded my iPhone 3G to some dude for it, ran WinMo stock till the day HSPL for the tmous version came out, then I was on NRG ROM. Been flashing **** all the time since with zero issues.

Those "won't turn on" comments are made by people who are uninformed or careless. It says about a thousand times "don't flash a .51 radio or 2.04.xx etc..." and yet someone inevitably does and then wonders why his phone is bricked. I wouldn't worry man this phone is a beast when treated right.
    I have owned my HD2 for 8 months now and it is the best phone I have ever had. Heck I have been trying out every phone my friends have and that are usable display models in yhe stores and I have found none that is as capable and functional as the HD2. I know a lot of that has to do with the Windows Mobile OS. But even when I run Andriod on my HD2 it still runs better than any native Andriod phone I have had hands in experience with.

I did send my original HD2 in for exchange cause it got to where I had to press the reset button up to ten times everytime I turned the phone off or tried to do a soft reset via a soft reset app. Cause it would hang on the Windows splash screen at boot that many times before finally booting all the way into Windows. Still not quit sure if it was the phone are me but my replacement has given me no problems, but I have a lot better understanding of how to use Win Mo now too.

Still the HD2 is a top notch phone and in my oppinion will be so for a long time. I plan to use mine until it completely dies, and then if I can find replacement parts still I am going to fix it lol.
    Bought mine at launch and left it sitting around until HSPL was available then I finally started playing around I loved it so much I bought a second one from a friend who turned out not to like it. Ironically my newer HD2 that I got from my friend lost the speaker after a few months of use and my original one which was still under warranty has never had one problem since I bought it. I started to get a little bit bored with my phone for a while there but once MAGLDR came out I fell in love with it once again. I've owned my fair share of phones but my HD2 will always have a special place in my heart
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone