• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How many of you are going to sell your 8525/Tytn for the Tilt/Tytn II?

What are you going to do?

• Total voters
Search This thread

sherpa

Jul 29, 2004
USA
Just wondering how many of you are going to sell your 8525/Tytn for the soon-to-be-released Tilt/Tytn II! Please vote! :D

fordracerguy

Jun 6, 2007
I don't understand the big deal? Seems like the same device with a slower processor and different keyboard flipping mechanism?

sherpa

Jul 29, 2004
USA
I don't understand the big deal? Seems like the same device with a slower processor and different keyboard flipping mechanism?

From what I have read, the processor used in Tilt/Tytn II is a dual-core processor, so, even though it runs at 384Mhz, it's faster than 8525's 400Mhz processor. Also, screen tilting is not the only upgrade. You forgot a 3PM camera, 128MB of RAM, 256MB of ROM, a built-in GPS, etc. ;)

wpbear

Nov 27, 2006
Columbus, GA
Sold for $365 on ebay. Did I mention the BlackJack or actually the Microsoft Smartphone OS SUCKS. The phone isnt too bad but MS SP WM5 sucks compared to PPC. I am hating the limitations pending the Kaiser in Sept.

fordracerguy

Jun 6, 2007
Well, That does sound pretty nice. However, does WM5 or WM6 support a multi threaded operating system? Or is it more one core is for hardware stuff like the radio, and the other is for the OS ?

BNickO

Oct 11, 2006
None of the above. I will get the Tilt and my wife will replace her Treo 650 with my current 8525.

toucam

Dec 26, 2004
Hanoi
8525 for $365, you were lucky, here in the UK you will get about £120-ish.

Sold for $365 on ebay. Did I mention the BlackJack or actually the Microsoft Smartphone OS SUCKS. The phone isnt too bad but MS SP WM5 sucks compared to PPC. I am hating the limitations pending the Kaiser in Sept.

roostaar

Jul 11, 2005
Hmm. Is it that great? Here is what it is missing IMO;

:VGA screen,
:Full-sized mini-jack out,
:More H/W buttons where you actually need them (at the top of the device where your damn thumbs are!)
:a decent OS.

Oh sod it, where do I sign???

s4mb4

Jul 24, 2007
Canton
Hmm. Is it that great? Here is what it is missing IMO;

:VGA screen,
:Full-sized mini-jack out,
:More H/W buttons where you actually need them (at the top of the device where your damn thumbs are!)
:a decent OS.

Oh sod it, where do I sign???

Exactly! where is the 3.5mm jack. this 11 pin whatever it is thingy sorta sucks..

DeniaL

Jun 21, 2006
Woodland Hills, CA
Will Be Keeping My Hermes/tytn, Only Real Difference Is The Camera, I Gotta 10mp Digital Cam, So Cant Be Fussed To Upgrade
Camera is only difference?!? What about dual core CPU, a dedicated GPU, built in GPS, tilt keyboard...i'm sure there's more, but those are the main things :) Camera Shamera...that's the least important part of the kaiser.