How many tab 2's still living ????

• Thread starter Deleted member 11418521
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 11418521

I just wanted to ask how many tab 2's are still living in this world. It's just out of curiosity because I saw 2-3 people still installing custom ROMs. I have one p3100 running lineage 13. Which rom are you on ??????

Reactions: Mighty

barbe31

Jul 20, 2015
Toulouse
P5110 with RR 5.7.4 and no gapps. I'm very satisfied with it.
I tried to install Omni rom and Slim rom, Nougat version, but there were too many lags after a while. Maybe I'll try Andy's roms in their Marshmallow version.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 11418521

My P3113 is still living, but it is suffering from major battery degradation. It has Lineage OS 13. I'm planning to sell it though.
Well, do you think someone will buy it now ??? I mean, people today are more keen on buying better phones and tablets with more ram, more storage, android 11, etc. that's why.

mymyway

Oct 19, 2010
I"m reviving my p510 using android andi's rom. Curently omnirom 7.1.2 no gapps. Got black line in the middle, and feels very slow (may be because got use to with much more newer phines). Before android andi's rom, it was lineageos and its much much slower until unusable. I think it's got hardware issue somewhere.

Mighty

I"m reviving my p510 using android andi's rom. Curently omnirom 7.1.2 no gapps. Got black line in the middle, and feels very slow (may be because got use to with much more newer phines). Before android andi's rom, it was lineageos and its much much slower until unusable. I think it's got hardware issue somewhere.
Android 6 is much more smooth than 7, also dont use gapps

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Thanks for the tip. You're right android 6 no Gapps. Significantly smoother
What Rom are you using now?
he uses a distribution of linux which is meant for developers like him, not the average consumer.

btw one of the google play store replacement is Aoura store, if you need to know it.

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
I just wanted to ask how many tab 2's are still living in this world. It's just out of curiosity because I saw 2-3 people still installing custom ROMs. I have one p3100 running lineage 13. Which rom are you on ??????
probably at least 1389

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    242.7 KB · Views: 51

manmtm

Oct 22, 2015
I just revied mine. It's pretty old almost a decade, or IDK even more? Tab 2 7" GT-P3100. I have installed Resurrection Remix by @smart-t78 and Noob Kernel by @bipindr123 because of the sweet 1.2 GHz overclock. I have installed it yesterday. Batteryis alright. extSD card port not working. Ther's a bit orangish tint on top left, but overall usable completely.

There are some stuff though which I want to clear. In the default launcher if you are home screen and rotate your Tab then you have this ugly gray overlay/shadow on left and right side of the screen, I'm trying to get rid of it. Looks like I will need to download a launcher or something. Also want to change the fonts and icon. Just that. Also AdAway is not getting installed, seems like I have to install and older version because it says it cannot parse the APK package while instealling.

I want to use this tab as a secondary monitor to my PC, look for it how to do it, but first theme stuff.

I also will suggest to root your device and then use some kind of kernel editor to choose governor for CPU (default is Interactive which works alright) and also tweet I/O scheduler according to your need. Look for the guides of these things if you are not familiar with the terms.

Just bought a GT2 P5110 for 30€ in almost new condition. Want to upgrade to a custom Rom before I do anything else because this is easier when there is nothing on it.

Research suggests I should stick with Marshmallow - currently going to try RR5.7.4 first with Omni6.0.1 as a reserve (unless anyone has a better experience with an equivalent or newer ROM).

Not sure whether I am going to add Gapps or not yet. I am probably going to want to have (at a minimum) Google Calendar access and perhaps Gmail. What do people recommend?

Any other thoughts on rooting, Magisk, custom kernels etc to get better stability (and performance)?

Just bought a GT2 P5110 for 30€ in almost new condition. Want to upgrade to a custom Rom before I do anything else because this is easier when there is nothing on it.

Research suggests I should stick with Marshmallow - currently going to try RR5.7.4 first with Omni6.0.1 as a reserve (unless anyone has a better experience with an equivalent or newer ROM).

Not sure whether I am going to add Gapps or not yet. I am probably going to want to have (at a minimum) Google Calendar access and perhaps Gmail. What do people recommend?

Any other thoughts on rooting, Magisk, custom kernels etc to get better stability (and performance)?
You need to do more reading.... As i saw what you wanna do i know you reeeeaaallyyy need readiing like a loooot.... Don't cry later about lags, hangs, reboots, etc....
Tip: WTF gapps???? Realyyy??? 😈

You need to do more reading.... As i saw what you wanna do i know you reeeeaaallyyy need readiing like a loooot.... Don't cry later about lags, hangs, reboots, etc....
Tip: WTF gapps???? Realyyy??? 😈
This is why I posted here. I have done this sort of custom upgrade on other devices but new to Tab 2 - so I want to make sure I am going in the right direction before I make a mistake.

So what is your recommendation? Leave it on the stock 4.2.2?

This is why I posted here. I have done this sort of custom upgrade on other devices but new to Tab 2 - so I want to make sure I am going in the right direction before I make a mistake.

So what is your recommendation? Leave it on the stock 4.2.2?
If you can't stop using gapps than yes stay on stock..
If you can live without gapps than you can use any newer ROM and use f-droid store app.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the tip. You're right android 6 no Gapps. Significantly smoother
    What Rom are you using now?
    he uses a distribution of linux which is meant for developers like him, not the average consumer.

btw one of the google play store replacement is Aoura store, if you need to know it.
    Android 6 is much more smooth than 7, also dont use gapps
    probably at least 1389
    P5110 with RR 5.7.4 and no gapps. I'm very satisfied with it.
    I tried to install Omni rom and Slim rom, Nougat version, but there were too many lags after a while. Maybe I'll try Andy's roms in their Marshmallow version.
    I just resurrected my tablet with TWRP 3.4.0, Lineage 14.1 and Open Gapps due to Youtube problems with the original firmware. Working for about 12 hours, so far so good.