How much did you spend for smartphones ?

PsyJoe

Mar 6, 2012
I was just wondering how much I payed for smartphones (without of any carrier costs) in my live, so I did the maths and found out that I spent about 1900 € for new smartphones in the past 7 years. About 0.76 €/day.

So how about you? How much did you spend since your first smartphone? And please mention the country you're from and if you bought new or used devices.

niallasher

Dec 7, 2016
I was just wondering how much I payed for smartphones (without of any carrier costs) in my live, so I did the maths and found out that I spent about 1900 € for new smartphones in the past 7 years. About 0.76 €/day.

So how about you? How much did you spend since your first smartphone? And please mention the country you're from and if you bought new or used devices.
Here in New Zealand I spent around 400 dollars on an S7 Edge (used) in near perfect condition w/ box and unopened headphones, but ended up buying a new Note 8 for ~$1500NZD because of the 8895 Octa, Infinity Design and the S-Pen. Needless to say I'm going to be paying it off for a while.

gr3yph4nt0m

Aug 2, 2018
I'm typing this on a LG Leon LTE that I bought at Wal-Mart for $13. That **** is insane to me. This phone isn't great but $13? Yes I have a much better phone but I always buy discounted phones when I see them.

D

Darth

I paid $3000 US dollars for an iPhone 4 cause Flappy Bird was on it. Then I got bored of Flappy bird in 10 minutes.

Oh well. A week later, Apple made it so my iPhone 4 could not install apps anymore, so I threw it out. :good::silly:

yanksrules65

Aug 16, 2018

Around $2000 maybe. Been almost 4 years now. I switched to smartphones pretty late.

G

GuestK00136

If I had to put a dollar figure on it; perhaps $2000 USD a year?

I used to switch models out quarterly and, more recently, that has become yearly. Come 2019, it will become every second year.

Mobile Technology has matured. We are at a saturation point worldwide. Innovations have become slim so I anticipate planned obsolesce, social status and gimmicks to drive new sales.

<br />

Aug 5, 2018
I paid $3000 US dollars for an iPhone 4 cause Flappy Bird was on it. Then I got bored of Flappy bird in 10 minutes.

Oh well. A week later, Apple made it so my iPhone 4 could not install apps anymore, so I threw it out. :good::silly:
I hope you're joking :eek:

adrian_nwf

Aug 21, 2018
Galicia
About 400 to 500 Euros in 4 or so terminals. Since i learn how to unlock, change roms and root i prefer to buy second hand phones with good support from the Comunity. Right now i will not pay more than +/-150 Euros for second hand flagship from the previous years.

Last edited:

ironman38102

Sep 9, 2012
Manama

Pls let this be a joke

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk