How much do you like your G4? 1-10? (Vote)

On a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the worst, 10 being the best) how do you rate the G4

• Total voters
Search This thread

omersak

Oct 15, 2010
Solid 8/10 for me. Good battery (for a 2015 flagship), Good screen, amazing still camera, micro sd and removable battery.

Points taken off due to minor issues such as plastic chrome edges, video quality, it being annoyingly wobbly on a flat surface, the UI and occasional lock-ups/stutters.

Svartsyn333

Dec 28, 2011
Bochum
After 3 days I'd say 9-10, especially when compared to the G3, which I had before. Display, camera, all is so much nicer than on the G3. I too face the missing and accidental touches others do, though. But I know this can be fixed by updating software. Patiently waiting for a version to safely unlock the bootloader and Root. This is a quite strange feeling for me, as I never owned a device so shortly after release before. Always rooted within ~2h after unpacking.

---------- Post added at 09:24 ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 ----------

So far, as an upgrade from the Galaxy S3, a 10.

I can totally relate! Had the S3 before I got the G3 and the G4. Staying away from samsung was the best decision ever!

cocous

Apr 11, 2009
Volos
9 for me. Best phone ever had.

Στάλθηκε από το LG-H815 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

cybermessiah

Jul 6, 2010
Panciao City Taipei County
I just came from my Note 1...(What a great phone!!)....so big upgrade :eek:

Been waiting and waiting for a phone that I can enjoy as much as my Note and the G4 is hitting all the right spots...large screen,expandable memory and I like the LG interface compared to Samsung way more...;)

My old trusty note feels like a brick!:( (But its still on my desk (cracked screen and all) as I phase into the new millennium:good:.

agentscuba314

Aug 3, 2010
St Louis
I really enjoy the phone, I miss the default LG Browser and I wish the battery life was a little better. I find myself turning off features to make sure I can make it through a day and half with my usage(Battery saving GPS/Auto Sync).

Now I do love the screen quality and the camera on this guy, one of the best cameras I have used on the mobile device.

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
I really enjoy the phone, I miss the default LG Browser and I wish the battery life was a little better. I find myself turning off features to make sure I can make it through a day and half with my usage(Battery saving GPS/Auto Sync).

Now I do love the screen quality and the camera on this guy, one of the best cameras I have used on the mobile device.

Yea the camera is just amazing on the G4. Last night I took some night video which were unbelievable like I've never seen before on any phone. Its like the camera is nocturnal or something able to capture little light with absolute clarity. My G2 couldn't of been able to take the video that the G4 took.

Reactions: gie62001

agentscuba314

Aug 3, 2010
St Louis
Yea the camera is just amazing on the G4. Last night I took some night video which were unbelievable like I've never seen before on any phone. Its like the camera is nocturnal or something able to capture little light with absolute clarity. My G2 couldn't of been able to take the video that the G4 took.
Yea I definitely agree with you on that one. I haven't had a camera this great on a phone in a while. Especially with the manual mode if I don't like the white balance that the auto mode chooses. That feature in itself was one of the best features on the HTC devices.

20degrees

Oct 11, 2012
I'd give it a 9-10. It has a ton of storage with the free cards, I'm never tied to a charger with the extra battery. It has a great feeling back so I don't need a case. It also is almost the perfect size.

Semantics

Nov 30, 2009
I gave it a 9. I sent it back due to touchscreen issues, but I was really digging it. What could have been better? LG Keeping smart screen as a feature. What a stupid omission.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For me this is a 9.

I came from a fully rooted Galaxy Note 3 with lollipop xposed (having always had Samsung phones) and had everything set up just so... but it was just too bloody big and heavy. Aside from that, it was perfect.

When I heard about the G4, I watched every Youtube review available for a couple of weeks and came to think that what I wanted in a phone was:

i. not necessarily the most powerful one on the planet
    ii. one that had a screen of a manageable size (5.5" fits the bill).I also really like the shape and square edges. Easy to hold/control with one hand.
    iii. has a great camera

I do think the screen saps the battery unnecessarily and a 1080 would have been fine, but enjoy the fact it looks so good when watching video and when looking at pictures.

Can't wait until this thing is rooted. Hoping to do it using a method that doesn't leave a "bootloader unlocked" message upon boot. So am happy to wait for a while. In no rush.

Magic phone - hits the sweet spot for me in all the most important areas ( screen, size, weight, camera, speed )

Cheers!
    coming from the HTC m8 which I thought was one of the best android phones I ever had, I actually like this phone (8 for me). The camera is amazing on this thing, I just wish battery life was better but I guess that's what the free spare is for! Also kind of sucks that development is a bit slower for this device as well.

why?

There's always a "This can be better, or this ......"

This Device is a few weeks old, the Firmware run's quite well for the first release, if there are some glitches ..... who cares.
    Happens alway's for new product's.

My first LG was the 02x, followed by 4XHD, G2 and now G4 - remembering these Devices let my Eye's glow when using the G4.
    (also i owned S3,S4 - i don't liked them)

Like it or not, depends alway's on you :)

regard's
    8, but mainly because I am still getting use to it. I'm sure that with root I would like it better (and devs, please don't take that as an underhanded "hurry up;" I appreciate your work and am waiting patiently) as it would restore some of the functionality that I have become accustomed to and have been pampered by (I am just mainly concerned about getting rid of bloatware). Otherwise, I have to give LG credit for cleaning up their skin a fair amount from what I remember it being for the G2. And some of the customization options that they have added have made waiting for roots and roms that much easier to do.
    Figured I'd update as I've had the phone for two weeks now. I'm at a 9 now. I have had zero issues. No touch or lag issues, charges lightning quick, snappy, responsive, I've gotten used to the ui and found acceptable balances for my screens and such.

Still missing the wireless storage and the gallery could be better. My only complaints which is why it isn't a 10 at this point.

And root. Just so I can install adaway. I've used it for so long that I had no clue how freaking invasive the ads everywhere are now.

But really really growing fond of the G4 at this point.

On my LG G4