• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

how "safe" is unlocking key for bootloader

Search This thread

owftktrfqlvt

Jun 18, 2021
Hello there,
i hope i am in the correct section. I have purchased a Nokia 6.1 (TA-1050) and i would like to install Lineage OS to use Google/FB as less as possible. If there is a more secute OS, please let me know. :)

I know about hikaricalyx and techmesto, that i can purchase there a key to unlock my bootlooader. Are those two websites safe to use? I dont know what they do with my IMEI and my serialnumber. Second, can i be sure that they dont install some third party tools in my smartphone while the unlocking process?

This is still quite new for me, sorry if i ask something already asked.
Greetings. :)

owftktrfqlvt

Jun 18, 2021
I'm not sure really. The URL link doesn't say Nokia 8, so please try it and check whether it works and get back to me!

Regards,
Keno

Sadly it didnt work. But i have no problem to pay 5-10 € to buy this bootloader unlock. MY main "probleme" is, how safe to use they are. Can i be sure, that they dont install some third party software in my smartphone?

Thanks, Greetings. :)

Attachments

• invalid.png
    invalid.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 10
  • index.png
    index.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 10

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
Sadly it didnt work. But i have no problem to pay 5-10 € to buy this bootloader unlock. MY main "probleme" is, how safe to use they are. Can i be sure, that they dont install some third party software in my smartphone?

Thanks, Greetings. :)
Um paying would be fine, if it is a trusted source.
Look for sources which many people have vouched for it.
I wouldnt buy it but in your case there seems like no choice.

harshad_kp

I got my bootloader unlock from hikaricalyx and its very safe and takes only few minutes to unlock the bootloader. If you are aware regarding how to unlock the bootloader then you can only apply for bootloader unlock on your own during which you will be given a command prompt tool which you need to download and run on your pc with your phone connected. This tool will then produce some numbers which you need to provide hikaricalyx and in return he will then inform you the bootloader unlock key which you need to again input in tht tool.
He will not ask for your imei number.

owftktrfqlvt

Jun 18, 2021
Hello.
I have unlocked my Nokia and installed LineageOS. I used the service from hikaricalyx and it was very easy. I got a lot of help and he was very kind. Even if my phone was unlocked and had some trouble to install LineageOS he helped me. I dont think, that the files we used to unlock my phone was corrupted.

For everyone who wants the files: These are useless for you. Every time you boot your phone, it will generate a random singature. We read this ramdom hash and he signed the unlockfiles with that hash. IF you want to install LineageOS like me, on your Nokia 6 these ~5$ are worth it.

Thank all of you who replied. :)

I am done with this thread, but i let it open for someone who have simular questions. Sone mod can close it if he want.

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
I got my bootloader unlock from hikaricalyx and its very safe and takes only few minutes to unlock the bootloader. If you are aware regarding how to unlock the bootloader then you can only apply for bootloader unlock on your own during which you will be given a command prompt tool which you need to download and run on your pc with your phone connected. This tool will then produce some numbers which you need to provide hikaricalyx and in return he will then inform you the bootloader unlock key which you need to again input in tht tool.
He will not ask for your imei number.
Running unknown tools are kinda fishy but you might wanna make sure you got a good antivirus or smth