Question How satisfied are you with your Pixel 6 Pro?

Search This thread

itch808

Apr 29, 2010
I respectfully disagree that the P6P has longest battery life. Only once since owning the phone was I able to squeeze out about 48hrs of standby and about 9hrs or so of SoT, but since then it's been in the gutter. I've never been able to replicate it since and have no idea why it even happened, but if it was like that all the time I'd be impressed.

Again, I disagree here. 5-6hrs of SoT is nothing to be happy about. That's really average / below standard compared to most flagships these days, and Apple gets way above that in the 10-13hr range. I'm a heavy user of web browsing, texting, some gaming and music, and I find I have to charge multiple times a day in order to continue to use my device. It's terrible.

I don't do anything funny like disable 5g. I have BT (need it as a key for car), GPS, and wifi on all day. AOD is always on. I also stream music via BT about 2-3hrs a day on 5g. This will drag my battery down without giving any SOT. Everyone's use is different. I'm completely happy. No issues here.

hello00

Dec 29, 2009
South Miami, FL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
This is my Screen time on my iPhone 14 Pro Max. With some heavy usage. Still had 23% left. Despite the iPhone 14 having a lower battery capacity. Better than my P6P and having a bigger battery.
IMG_0431.PNG
IMG_0430.PNG

Reactions: RetroTech07

itch808

Apr 29, 2010
Yeah, unlikely I'll go back to iPhone. The last time I switched to Apple it messed up my normal everyday things. You can't even schedule texts to send later. iOS lacks a normal file system. Siri is terrible while Google assistant is amazing. Don't get me started on voice to text. And deep integration with Google products on Android makes everything easier for me.

Reactions: AlDollaz

somethingsomethingroot

Nov 8, 2013
iOS lacks a normal file system.
This is one of the main things keeping me from a iPhone at this point. Especially if they go USB-C next year.

As for this phone, the modem is causing most of my issues. 5G signal sucks and uses so much of my battery that I just stick to LTE. Wife's iPhone on the same carrier isn't having that issue.

I've managed to avoid most of the other annoyances, and 13 seems like it's running smoother. I'm def not looking to switch to anything this year. But the signal thing can get annoying and the variance in good to bad devices is still troubling.

Last edited:

Birdsfan

Jun 3, 2010
Doylestown, PA
I decided to put my SIM in my Pixel 4 XL for the weekend and I have to say I don't miss my P6Pro that much. I hate the glossy glass back of the 6P and the curved screen that I still get accidental touches with. The matte glass on my white P4 XL feels great in my hand and I do love face id. The signal is definitely better with my 4 and the screen feels better when typing vs the hollow screen on my P6P. I'm pretty disappointed the new P7P will still be glossy back with a curved screen. I'm half ass thinking of getting a iphone pro max 14, big phone, flat screen, matte glass back, great battery, checks a lot of boxes

Reactions: hello00

banshee28

Aug 31, 2010
Looking to upgrade here... Really dislike the curved screen and I hear the P7P will have much less of a curved screen which would be manageable. Also annoyed over the recent camera overheat and screen defect, although Google was awesome in replacing the screen!! Plus the other misc upgrades.

hello00

Dec 29, 2009
South Miami, FL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
This is one of the main things keeping me from a iPhone at this point. Especially if they go USB-C next year.

As for this phone, the modem is causing most of my issues. 5G signal sucks and uses so much of my battery that I just stick to LTE. Wife's iPhone on the same carrier isn't having that issue.

I've managed to avoid most of the other annoyances, and 13 seems like it's running smoother. I'm def not looking to switch to anything this year. But the signal thing can get annoying and the variance in good to bad devices is still troubling.
Honestly, on the iPhone, you don't really need a file system. Just use Google Drive to open, move and send files. And most likely Apple will go wireless for their next iPhone.

Misterxtc

After sending my defective P6P back to Google and getting one through Verizon I can say I'm happy for the most part. Everything seems to be working well besides Google One backup. I haven't had a random reboot since I got it Saturday and my connections are solid. I tried a S22 Ultra for about four days but could not justify it with a S21 Ultra sitting on my desk so I exchanged the 22 for this and traded in my old 21U today.

Reactions: danw_oz

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Phone has been crap until Sept update., where it is mostly better for me. I am wondering after so many other comments whether my phone is a lemon.
Camera is outstanding
Responsiveness is very good
Fingerprint sensor is hit and miss, and pretty slow, I especially notice this when using my Pixel 4XL face unlock, is so much faster.
Connectivity is all over the place, Bluetooth is still not 100% with random drops although not as bad as before, very slow on first connect (switch from another device) to my car and play music, if the car was the last device it is fast to connect to the car.
Mobile signal drops are absolutely garbage, constantly drops on my trip to work and home each day, where the system does not recover or takes far to long to acquire a signal again, instant if I manually turn off and on SIM or mobile data again.

Reactions: peterg21

Yensid eno

Aug 31, 2012
So a year of use, and my overall impression is mixed but leaning towards a wasted pile of cash. Photo activity is awesome. Screen is good. Battery is decent. I am totally into untouched Android and hate other company overlays.

But using it as a phone, forget it. Constantly has crummy connection on Verizon 4g LTE (gave up on anything else as even worse in 5g) and have extensively tested against former 4a5g and spouse's 4a. I can't even guess about the number of times I have had to use the camera to help the phone figure out where it is as I try to navigate with Maps. I have traveled in same areas countless times with phones listed above and never have that problem and in fact I never new location correction with camera was a thing until my p6p. Phone has recently started to overheat in normal use. No idea what is causing that. And I am just totally frustrated I can no longer use HP software to scan documents to device, I have to use my 4a5g to do that. Fingerprint reader in back of last 3 phones worked perfectly, I can have finger on it as I pull from pocket and have phone unlocked faster than screen touch, which is not ergonomic and is horrendous on this device. I gave up and just use a pin.

I would go back to 4a5g but that has some issue where screen blanks out during a call and it just has to decide on its own when you magically reappear.

My Pixel 2XL was the best in the Pixel line and would still use that if it hadn't finally died about 2-3 years ago. Will not upgrade to 7 and won't have another Pixel until they install a world class modem chip instead of a cheap never-was-good chip. Would prefer back fingerprint reader also.

Last edited:
I have to switch from my beloved Google Pixel 3 XL to a new Phone. Since i love the pure Android experience i would love to buy another Pixel Phone 10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254.
So my question is for all those who have bought/used a Pixel 6Pro. How happy are you with the phone?
Ilove the phone honestly it made things alot easier for me but its honestly user preference if your used to pixel devices i suggest that you stick with pixel devices thats my take on it i used to have the nexus phones by google and the only time i strayed from googles pure devices was to buy a One plus 1 .. and guess what now im back after a brief stop to a Motorola g pure cause it was free

marbalon

Dec 21, 2007
I used to use Xiaomi devices in the past, the last one was the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s. Switching to Pixel 6 is a nightmare for me. I thought this should be the most "polished" Android device from the software perspective, hardware parameters looked fine to me before I bought.

So let's start with the advantages:
- Camera - excellent camera for the money
- buttery is fine
- wireless charging and battery sharing - this is a must-have for me and this limits the selection of new phones
...and that is all

Why I really don't like this phone is the software, Google should not be proud, really... Most of my problems can be fixed by the software except for the:

- power button on the top and the volume buttons below - most phones have a power button below. I know the power button is not so useful when the device can wake up automatically when you grab it... but this feature is sometimes not working at all, even I tap on the screen many times, only the power button wakes it up.
- fingerprint scanner - nothing to comment on, it works really bad, adding the same finger 2-3 times make it a bit better but slower... The screen protector makes this even worst.
- screen glass is really soft in my opinion. I have had this phone for a week and have some small scratches on the screen but I don't know how I made this. My Xiaomi LCD looks similar... after three years.

Other software limits are maybe annoying only for me because I used this on Xiaomi but here I don't have it.

- call recorder - missing
- close all apps - to do this you have to scroll all opened apps to the left and then you have a close button - Google - really this is the fastest way to do this? On Xiaomi I can do this in two clicks
- close the active application with a long back button press - useful for me, my personal habit but impossible to do this here
- lock application as permanently running - I know there are options to disable battery optimization etc. and this prevents the system to close the app, but if you select close all on Xiaomi selected app stays running after this.
- turn off the next alarm but only the next one - I know it is minor but obvious for me and Xiaomi developers of MIUI. If you have one alarm for workdays and you wake up before in Xiaomi you can disable the next alarm in the notification bar and it will not make the alarm today but work the next day as usual. On Pixel there is no way to do this except turn it off and on again later.

So most of these software issues but one Xiaomi device I feel that someone who develops this phone gets some feedback from users and adds useful things, and the same is on Apple products, but here on Pixel is not for sure. They are developing stupid show-off features like switching front/back cameras using gestures but this can be done with one click on the screen...

There are more minor things where MIUI-based devices are much more user-friendly. I know users complain about Xiaomi devices' stability but it is related to models. If you are using low/mid-range models like the REDMI Note series etc. it stat to have lags and working not so stable after a few months. But top models like Xiaomi Mi 2/3/4 series have worked smoothly for many years.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bought the phone on launch.
    What I do like:
    -UI fluidity
    -Camera
    -Ram management, excellent multitasking
    -Nice haptics
    What I don't like :
    -Poor connection particularly after A13 update. Sometimes losing connection altogether, other times dropping from 4g or 5g to H+ and not reverting back even if standing under the mast. Trying to solve this last few days but no luck. Even enrolled to Beta today but does not seem to rectify. Updated today Carrier Services and ordered a new sim card just in case. Thinking about RMA or changing the phone.
    -Slow charging and overheating
    -Awkward position of the buttons
    I have to switch from my beloved Google Pixel 3 XL to a new Phone. Since i love the pure Android experience i would love to buy another Pixel Phone.
    So my question is for all those who have bought/used a Pixel 6Pro. How happy are you with the phone?
    Do you like random bugs and mobile connection issues along with horrible battery life on stock? Then the Pixel 6 Pro is for you! I used to Love the Pixel Series after the Nexus Series and this one combined with the Tensor chip has gotten Google into a weird area plus with them restricting API and permissions. They advertise open source but the bootloader and Radio are closed source. Developing has been rough with every iteration of Android and now they have actual fuses for the bootloader. What ever happened to I get what I pay for? Not a pixel 7. I've been an Android supporter and Superuser since the dawn of the LG Ally. It's really all about what you need a phone for, The Camera for the Pixel Series are phenomenal but the should never have been released with Kernel and Radio bugs from Day 1.
    This is a difficult question to answer simply because everyone uses their phones differently. For me, the Pixel 6 Pro is 'fine'. It does its job. It has a very good camera. There is no lag. I have it rooted so no ads, which is great. Since I've upgraded pretty regularly, going from the 4 to the 5 to the 6 hasn't been any kind of amazing upgrade for me. But since you're coming from a 3, it certainly will feel like a pretty decent upgrade.

The only complaint I have is that it sometimes restarts on its own. Typically at night while it's on the Pixel Stand. I have no idea why. I think it might have to do with overheating? I've been meaning to wipe it and start fresh but that's a royal pain in the butt so I haven't done it yet.
    I really happy with Google Pixel 6 Pro. I couldn't write anything negative about it. The Android 13 update fixed all the bugs I knew about.
    The only complaint I have is that it sometimes restarts on its own. Typically at night while it's on the Pixel Stand. I have no idea why. I think it might have to do with overheating? I've been meaning to wipe it and start fresh but that's a royal pain in the butt so I haven't done it yet.

I think every phone after Android 12 does that. P6 Pro, Mi Mix 2 and 1+9 Pro all reboot when I'm sleeping on A12/13.
    For what it's worth, my Pixel 6 Pro has never rebooted on its own at any time of the day or night, and I'm pretty sure my wife's Pixel 6 Pro hasn't, either. We've had ours since late last October. I'm rooted, she's not.

She probably would've mentioned it to me, since she mentions any problem she does ever have every few months, which is usually solved by rebooting. :) I think she (and maybe my brother too) is finally used to just trying to reboot manually when they do have any weird quirk before they ask me about it.

It's funny since she's the one who introduced me to the I.T. Crowd. I digress.