How the **** do I enter recovery mode?

Search This thread

Pikachu666

Sep 7, 2017
So after hours and hours i've finally installed twrp,
but now I cannot for the life of me boot my phone into recovery mode, everything I read from multiple sources all say "vol up + power"
nope doesnt work I just get constant flashing elephone logo.
Another said to do this and release them when I see logo, nope doesnt work I get no command,
Andother said release only the power button, nope I still get no command
And finally release only the vol up button, I still get no command....

I really don't understand how something so simple is this hard and irritating,
Please can anyone help me and tell me the actual way to enter twrp recovery mode?
Thanks

JocPro

Apr 7, 2010
Concepcion
You need:
a. unlock bootloader from Developer Options
b. flash TWRP with FlashTool
c. turn the phone off
d. press and keep VOL+ and POWER. When the Elephone logo shows up, release the POWER button but keep pressing VOL+ until TWRP shows up on screen.

Reactions: Luis_Avo

TommyNagz

Nov 8, 2013
Budapest
www.tomac.hu
So after hours and hours i've finally installed twrp,
but now I cannot for the life of me boot my phone into recovery mode, everything I read from multiple sources all say "vol up + power"
nope doesnt work I just get constant flashing elephone logo.
Another said to do this and release them when I see logo, nope doesnt work I get no command,
Andother said release only the power button, nope I still get no command
And finally release only the vol up button, I still get no command....

I really don't understand how something so simple is this hard and irritating,
Please can anyone help me and tell me the actual way to enter twrp recovery mode?
Thanks

You're doing everything right. Your recovery is corrput. Don't ask how and why. I just got an Elephone p9000 to tinker with, I couldn't enter recovery. I flashed the stock 6.0 and it works now.

BlueZenith

Jul 17, 2011
In case anyone is still looking for this information in 2019 and beyond: I got here by looking for this question for the Elephone S8, and I eventually figured out the way to do it on my device:

Hold Power, Volume Up and Volume Down all at the same time until you see the logo appear. It'll display for a long time. Then it goes dark, then it comes back, and suddenly we see TWRP booting.

I imagine other Elephone devices are similar.

Ruben Craveiro

Feb 18, 2015
Lisboa
In case anyone is still looking for this information in 2019 and beyond: I got here by looking for this question for the Elephone S8, and I eventually figured out the way to do it on my device:

Hold Power, Volume Up and Volume Down all at the same time until you see the logo appear. It'll display for a long time. Then it goes dark, then it comes back, and suddenly we see TWRP booting.

I imagine other Elephone devices are similar.
Thats.. Not how it works.. Its Power button + Vol Down, the reason it isn't booting for him is simply because he did not flash the modified versions of Lk, preloader and etc, which are available on Lineage OS 13.0 thread, by flashing those files, twrp becomes bootable, it was a known issue, and doing that, allows to both boot the system and recovery properly

BlueZenith

Jul 17, 2011
Thats.. Not how it works.. Its Power button + Vol Down, the reason it isn't booting for him is simply because he did not flash the modified versions of Lk, preloader and etc, which are available on Lineage OS 13.0 thread, by flashing those files, twrp becomes bootable, it was a known issue, and doing that, allows to both boot the system and recovery properly
I was just trying to be helpful to future searchers by mentioning what works on the Elephone device that I happen to have. On mine, Power + Volume Down boots into the operating system, while Power + Volume Up + Volume Down boots into TWRP.

Google gave me this thread when I was searching for how to enter recovery on the S8, do I figured this information might at least help someone with an S8 who ends up here in the future, even if it's not the same for the P9000.

Stronald

Dec 19, 2020
I have exactly the same problem. I can't get the p9000 in recovery or fastboot mode. Can anyone please help?
Edit: never mind, I managed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need:
    a. unlock bootloader from Developer Options
    b. flash TWRP with FlashTool
    c. turn the phone off
    d. press and keep VOL+ and POWER. When the Elephone logo shows up, release the POWER button but keep pressing VOL+ until TWRP shows up on screen.