How to add 5G configurations to your Pixel 5 (solved)

Search This thread

Brps_cl

Jan 7, 2022
Unfortunally, there is no answer from google, i have a 4a5g but, at many of users here, no Volte, No Vowifi, and worst, no 5g. im in chile and i can confirm that ALL mayor carrier in chile only supports phones that they sale on their stores, if you buy your phone outside of Chile, you phone will not work properly, some said that your carrier must to certify your phone, thats is true, but also Google have to certified the carrier.

-someone said that you must to enrole yor IMEI in your carrier, maybe that helps.

on this picure is my carrier list of "homologated models" and its says that they will use an **IMEI searching system for 5g...

Attachments

• message-142802786-2004095592737799839.png
    message-142802786-2004095592737799839.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 395

ivycharlotte

Feb 19, 2021
The problem is still there but there seems no solution at all.

I don't know where I can report the the problem to, and I don't know who is responsible to enable the VoLTE and 5G functions. Is it Google? Or the local carriers? Or BOTH?

Google keeps selling new Pixel phones, but if this problem cannot be solved, the Pixel phones would be quite useless.

P.S. Who changed the title to "(solved)"? It has never been solved.

rusinov

Oct 28, 2019
Issue is totally at Google. Mostly it is management decision, but not technical. I was on contact with my carrier, they tried to push me on 5G manually but said the the Pixel 5 not announce it's 5G capabilities to the network! The phone must return some parameters to base station but it doesn't do it. In private discuss with an engineer from the carrier I've understand that Google also ignoring the official complains from the carrier. This exactly will be my last Google phone.
If you want to change something send support cases to Google, as much as more you can.

Brps_cl

Jan 7, 2022
Issue is totally at Google. Mostly it is management decision, but not technical. I was on contact with my carrier, they tried to push me on 5G manually but said the the Pixel 5 not announce it's 5G capabilities to the network! The phone must return some parameters to base station but it doesn't do it. In private discuss with an engineer from the carrier I've understand that Google also ignoring the official complains from the carrier. This exactly will be my last Google phone.
If you want to change something send support cases to Google, as much as more you can.
Google is ignoring every complaint about this, they just said that If is not a listed country they don´t support it.

thiago_oliv

Apr 14, 2012
Google Pixel 5
I have absolutely the same thought and conclusion. It's time to find a new brand. I don't like Samsung because of the heavy changes they make on AOSP, so I'll probably go to Motorola. What brands are you considering?

In the meantime, I tried to root my Pixel 5 just to later insert new modem settings to support 5G in my country. Ended up with a soft bricked phone (no system and fastboot refusing to flash) that I could eventually bring back to life without root. And although I know there are a lot of people here willing to help, the sole purpose of getting 5G is not worth a newbie's effort. 😞

rusinov

Oct 28, 2019
I have absolutely the same thought and conclusion. It's time to find a new brand. I don't like Samsung because of the heavy changes they make on AOSP, so I'll probably go to Motorola. What brands are you considering?

In the meantime, I tried to root my Pixel 5 just to later insert new modem settings to support 5G in my country. Ended up with a soft bricked phone (no system and fastboot refusing to flash) that I could eventually bring back to life without root. And although I know there are a lot of people here willing to help, the sole purpose of getting 5G is not worth a newbie's effort. 😞
I definitely will no bought Pixel anymore and looks for replacement. Samsung is not so worst, they announce 4 year support for S21 and S22, which is great. Their camera is nice even with stock camera software, which is some kind comparable with Google Camera. They have support almost in most of the countries - service network and etc.
Motorola is Lenovo now, it is not like the Motorola on Google years, support is very bad, camera quality also.

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I definitely will no bought Pixel anymore and looks for replacement. Samsung is not so worst, they announce 4 year support for S21 and S22, which is great. Their camera is nice even with stock camera software, which is some kind comparable with Google Camera. They have support almost in most of the countries - service network and etc.
Motorola is Lenovo now, it is not like the Motorola on Google years, support is very bad, camera quality also.
And if you're a must-root like me, sampwnd will hopefully keep continueing to allow root!
For me it's worth the 100$ or so.
I've considered buying the unlocked S20 which is a wondeful phone, as I do LOVE my Pixel 5, but branching out is always fun.

Dr-akbar

Oct 19, 2012
Is it possible after enabling 5g on the pixel 5 through qpst, to keep it permanently even after unrooting and relocking the bootloader? or will it revert back to lte?

gugarush

Dec 28, 2010

Hey @thiago_oliv , great news. I just can connect my pixel 5 on a 5g networking here in Brazil.

pixel 5 5g brazil.png

I am running Android 12 with root. Feel free to send me a message maybe we can figure out how to enable 5g for you too.

gugarush

Dec 28, 2010
So rooting the pixel is a must?
Rooted phone cannot run most bank apps...
Rooting is a must but I think you won't have problems with bank apps. I have 4 banks apps and all of them wasn't working until I add then to the magisk deny list (it is a magisk feature). I am facing problem with 3 apps only: Microsoft teams, Netflix and ifood. I think I have problem with around 20 apps after root the phone, but was solved including then on the list.

thiago_oliv

Apr 14, 2012
Google Pixel 5
Rooting is a must but I think you won't have problems with bank apps. I have 4 banks apps and all of them wasn't working until I add then to the magisk deny list (it is a magisk feature). I am facing problem with 3 apps only: Microsoft teams, Netflix and ifood. I think I have problem with around 20 apps after root the phone, but was solved including then on the list.
How about Google Pay?

gugarush

Dec 28, 2010
How about Google Pay?
Not working. I just delete root app and I am going back to stock and one reason was Google pay. It was good to see 5g here in Brazil(it was my goal) but I can't keep my mainly phone without GPay, and others apps(or i do not have knowledge enough, but I don't even want to use APK mirror or something like that). After delete root app I realize there was more apps that wasn't with update option on play store even in an old version.

elong7681

If you go to the Pixel 5 Questions section there is a tool called Pixel Flasher that can do the rooting for you

Reactions: thiago_oliv

elong7681

Not working. I just delete root app and I am going back to stock and one reason was Google pay. It was good to see 5g here in Brazil(it was my goal) but I can't keep my mainly phone without GPay, and others apps(or i do not have knowledge enough, but I don't even want to use APK mirror or something like that). After delete root app I realize there was more apps that wasn't with update option on play store even in an old version.
Universal Safetynet fix along with deny list and zygisk will let you use Gpay and the play store

Reactions: gugarush

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I grateful if someone can Prepare Video in Youtube to how can to enable 5g and VoLTE with full details to support and help everyone need it (LIKE ME 😌)

thank you guys
    Late but this is the case. I have a Oneplus 8 IN2013 rooted with a different LTE profile via PDC. I have both 5G and VoLTE despite it not being supported by any of the carriers(Spark, Voda and Skinny).

I am too keen if anyone figures this out because I'd like to switch to a Pixel 5 and stay in the Android eco system and ditch my Oneplus 8 so I'll be keeping my eye on this.

You're not getting VoLTE or 5G due to a literal misconfiguration. A Spark rep have already said that it's not going to be supported in this Geekzone thread https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=39&topicid=280371&page_no=1#2619750 (there's actually quite a bit about this).

I honestly hope someone figures it out or enough complaints/demand grows for Pixel phones to start being supported in NZ. I'm sick of NZ getting the short of the stick but I am now ranting at this point :p
    omg another kiwi <3

I read on a Korean forum that phones must be registered to the carrier as a "VoLTE capable OMD (Open Model Device)". That forum says that users must call or visit their carrier customer support centre to register their phone as OMD. I think this means that carriers have a "certified" model names for VoLTE and as long as the device model is one of those pre-certified ones, VoLTE will work. Or ask your carrier to register your device for VoLTE.

I'm on Vodafone and I have successfully enabled 5G connection on my Pixel 5 using this method
    However, it seems that March update changed things up a bit that this method no longer works. However, my 5G connection stays enabled even through sim card swaps.

I couldn't enable VoLTE by editing the EFS partition though. So my theory is that even if my phone has the correct necessary files for NZ's carrier VoLTE configuration, it still won't work unless the phone model is registered to the carrier. This explains that in that geekzone link post #2643155 , someone who bought a Galaxy Note 9 from HongKong has VoLTE working in NZ probably because the Galaxy Note 9 is officially sold by NZ carriers, therefore the Note 9 model is a "certified" model in the carrier's system.

I also made a Magisk module https://github.com/swangjang/Pixel-Bramble-Redfin-Carrier-Patch in theory which supposedly force-enables 5G. Also adding in other Countries/Carriers mbn files from other devices which uses the same chip as the Pixel 5.
    To my understanding, you can't do this, allow 5g, volte etc without root?
    That would be correct
    I enabled volte on my 4a 5G. It should also work with Pixel5, I think.
    I can confirm this to work with the Pixel 5 aswell. A bit of a hassle but IMS shows as registered when the phone is in NR/LTE mode. For some reason VoLTE does not register when phone is set to use also 3g and GSM. However, with VoLTE working, there's really no downside leaving the phone locked to LTE and NR as 4G coverage is very good in my country.

As a bonus, the phone also now shows the HD icon in calls indicating HD voice being enabled. Thank you!