My chinesium Android device does not natively support exFAT and NTFS filesystems for the SD card or USB attached storage. How can I add support for those filesystems?
- Root access
- No kernel source code
- Allows access of mounted device from any other app
- Supports NTFS compression
- Can transparently automount devices
- Can also support various Linux filesystems like Ext series, F2FS, etc.
- Costs no money (but I can pay up if necessary)
- Supports encryption, i.e. LUKS, Bitlocker
- exFAT/NTFS by Paragon Technologies
- Can't do points 3, 5, and possibly 6
- Can't do points 5, and possibly 6
- Seems to be MIA on Google Play and it's not on F-Droid either
- Manually compile kernel modules
- Probably can't do point 3 without further tweaking of the system
- No kernel source available, and therefore no kernel headers or `Modules.symvers` file to use