How to add PackageManager.FEATURE_FREEFORM_WINDOW_MANAGEMENT to device specifications?

Search This thread

SilentDevGuy

• Feb 10, 2021
    As the title says I need help with adding a feature to package manager.

My rom and phone supports freeform window management and i have it turned on, however it wont activate without adding that to the device specifications according to gravitybox.

Ive tried to find some documentation or even a forum post about it but the topic isnt covered.

Does anyone know how to do this?

jwoegerbauer

• Jul 11, 2009
    European Union
    As the title says I need help with adding a feature to package manager.

My rom and phone supports freeform window management and i have it turned on, however it wont activate without adding that to the device specifications according to gravitybox.

Ive tried to find some documentation or even a forum post about it but the topic isnt covered.

Does anyone know how to do this?
    You can't add features to Android's PM - what is an executable - unless you rewrite its code and recompile it afterwards, IMO.

Anyway that's how you do it
    Screenshot_20190314-113306.png

Last edited:

jwoegerbauer

• Jul 11, 2009
    European Union
    PM has no device specifications: it's not a device, it's an executable. :D

To enable all permissions to an app then you do it when you install an app:
    Code:
    adb install -g <PACKAGE_NAME>

FYI: Never have used GravityBox.

Last edited:

SilentDevGuy

• Feb 10, 2021
    To keep you updated: GravityBox is an Android app as any other. :giggle:
    Its likely that you are misunderstanding what I need but I appreciate your attempt to help, I am fully aware of everything you have said, but GravityBox IS an xposed module with an app as frontend/gui. In GravityBox you are able to modify the system framework, the option to activate resizable freeform windows is one. Yes, your instructions will allow freeform on supported devices, however it is the weakest form and practically useless form of free form windows.

To allow that form of free form to be more useable you can activate a hidden subset of features. Which brings me to the original question, in GravityBox's GUI the documentation for the option explicitly states you need to also add this line to your package manager and add the feature to your device specifications.

Again, thanks for trying but as far I have researched this involves much higher level stuff then simply a few pre made options switches. Im looking for someone with knowledge of making a custom rom or working with kernel source code.

Top Liked Posts