How to add SuperSU to system.img?

Search This thread

BusinessKid

Apr 28, 2016
I'm working on a custom ROM and I'm done with the building part (from source). Now the issue is, how do I add SuperSU for root as soon as the ROM is flashed. I don't want to go into custom boot images, as supporting lots of devices would be a pain. So how should I go about getting this done? Should I mount the image and then copy SuperSU apk to /system/app and chmod it and then add SuperSU binary to /system/xbin and chmod that too? Any help is greatly appreciated

Reactions: Robert342

kslakhani

Jul 12, 2006
infront of ma HD2
I'm working on a custom ROM and I'm done with the building part (from source). Now the issue is, how do I add SuperSU for root as soon as the ROM is flashed. I don't want to go into custom boot images, as supporting lots of devices would be a pain. So how should I go about getting this done? Should I mount the image and then copy SuperSU apk to /system/app and chmod it and then add SuperSU binary to /system/xbin and chmod that too? Any help is greatly appreciated

I too want to add this because my device does not support custom recovery.
Any updates??

jarko88

Nov 27, 2015
Redmi 7A
Redmi 9
I search too that script. For personal use its easy coz just change zip with ready rom.
All i know for sure there is a script who does that pack into zip but this is not that "SuperSu".

Wysłane z mojego SM-G530FZ przy użyciu Tapatalka

BusinessKid

Apr 28, 2016
I too want to add this because my device does not support custom recovery.
Any updates??
Don't try SuperSU right now. It's support has ended. Get Magic, and flash the patched boot image with ADB. Seems like the only option. I added SuperSU to the custom ROM by mounting the image on *nix and then adding the su binaries and chmod a+x on su

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.