How to auto power off device in battery low level?

Search This thread

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
Hello,
My device doesn't have a function to power off when the battery level is low. So shuts down when battery is drained and cannot be power on until I put it to charger and wait 5 minutes or more.
Is there an application or a script or something I can do to auto power off when the battery levele is below 10% for e.g?

ramiabouzahra

Feb 19, 2016
Karlstad
Hello,
My device doesn't have a function to power off when the battery level is low. So shuts down when battery is drained and cannot be power on until I put it to charger and wait 5 minutes or more.
Is there an application or a script or something I can do to auto power off when the battery levele is below 10% for e.g?

Hello and welcome to the XDA Q&A section of the Forum.

There are plenty of power saving apps in the Google Play Store that can notify you when your battery level is critcal so you can either get your charger or save your data so that you don't lose it because you didn't hit save. Here is another "thread" started for the same purpose of yours, remember, search before you post ;)

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
I think is quite clear what I'm asking. I'm not looking for a low batery level alarm application or power saving on low battery level. I already have an app like you suggested and also the devices has a power saving option on low battery level. But it doesn't have a function to power off the device before battery level reaches 0%. I specifically asked for a way to auto power off the device when battery level is critical(at 5% for e.g).
I found the app Automate though but it doesn't work, I get an error when the action performed and device stays on.

ramiabouzahra

Feb 19, 2016
Karlstad
I think is quite clear what I'm asking. I'm not looking for a low batery level alarm application or power saving on low battery level. I already have an app like you suggested and also the devices has a power saving option on low battery level. But it doesn't have a function to power off the device before battery level reaches 0%. I specifically asked for a way to auto power off the device when battery level is critical(at 5% for e.g).
I found the app Automate though but it doesn't work, I get an error when the action performed and device stays on.

For me it was not clear because why can't you just wait for it to shut down, you will even get a bit more time to use the device itself.

asphyxia006264

May 26, 2022
Yeah for me its clear and also looking for sth like that.
Scenario:
Going to sleep with video streaming turned on and unplugged cell phone
Dont want to wake up as with drained battery cause it damages it, just want to turn off automatically when in its lets say 50%
I have galaxy s5 and already killed THREE batteries with this scenario in range of last six months.
Now ive changed to newer with no easy battery replacing and dont want to kill phone
Yeeee viva la luthium ion batteeries
Anyway anybody can help?
I dont have option for charging when sleeping
Im angry. It is basic feature in windows, i mean task scheduling related to power and afk