• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to backup Internal SDCard

Search This thread

rmetanes

May 9, 2010
Tel Aviv
Hello,

I got my international S3 2 months ago and I would now like to try a new ROM.
I am worried about looding data.
I did backup my device using CWM and Titanium Backup but it seems to me that neither backs up all of the contents of the internal SD.
Shall I worry about backing up these folders;
.AllSharePlay, .aptoide, .clipboard, Alarms, Andoird/data/(many files under this directory), Gameloft and many many more folders.
How do I know all was backed up with Titanium / CWM

Another irritating issue is that via Windows 7 browser it is impossible to tree size or Beyond compare the phone storage, (both internal and external SDCards). Am I missing something?

Attachments

• ScreenShot573.jpg
    ScreenShot573.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4219121

If you
  • Wipe data (factory reset)
  • Wipe cache
  • format system
then your internal sd card stays as it is and you dont have to worry about backing it up

Reactions: rmetanes

delsus

Oct 23, 2011
Huawei MediaPad T5
Google Pixel 5
If you
  • Wipe cache
  • format system
then your internal sd card stays as it is and you dont have to worry about backing it up

Half right, CWM will not wipe the internal SD with a factory reset, but stock recovery will.

And I don't think Titanium backs up the internal SD, all you can do is copy the files to your PC.

rmetanes

May 9, 2010
Tel Aviv
Half right, CWM will not wipe the internal SD with a factory reset, but stock recovery will.

And I don't think Titanium backs up the internal SD, all you can do is copy the files to your PC.

By saying stock recovery you mean flashing new ODIN?
The thing about copying files to my PC as you stated is a pain, tree size or beyond compare cannot work on the phone's memory, also some files are in use by the system causing the copying to stop and then you have to start guessing what was / not copied.
Consumes a long time, I'm sure there should be an easier way.

Are these files seen in the img I attached needed at all or all is covered by the TIT and CWM backup?

Thanks

delsus

Oct 23, 2011
Huawei MediaPad T5
Google Pixel 5
By saying stock recovery you mean flashing new ODIN?
The thing about copying files to my PC as you stated is a pain, tree size or beyond compare cannot work on the phone's memory, also some files are in use by the system causing the copying to stop and then you have to start guessing what was / not copied.
Consumes a long time, I'm sure there should be an easier way.

Are these files seen in the img I attached needed at all or all is covered by the TIT and CWM backup?

Thanks

Stock recovery is what is included with stock ROMs, can't remember exactly what it's called.

I have never had problems backing my internal sd up on my PC, and the files in your pic seem to be your files and some app data, CWM does not back up the internal SD, but it also does not wipe the internal sd, if you wipe data in CWM, it only wipes the data partition and cache partition, 100% not the internal SD. I also don't know Titanium will backup app data from the SD.

rmetanes

May 9, 2010
Tel Aviv
Stock recovery is what is included with stock ROMs, can't remember exactly what it's called.

I have never had problems backing my internal sd up on my PC, and the files in your pic seem to be your files and some app data, CWM does not back up the internal SD, but it also does not wipe the internal sd, if you wipe data in CWM, it only wipes the data partition and cache partition, 100% not the internal SD. I also don't know Titanium will backup app data from the SD.

Delsus, so you only copy and paste the Internal SD to your PC I guess.

drashran

May 12, 2011
Internal SD card Backup

If U use apps like Lexicomp and Medscape
The file size for lexicomp is about 850,225,187 bytes (only for med not for dental) and number of files are 32037 and Medscape are 60,843,144 bytes and number of files are 2926. It takes more than 1 hour for the PC to determine the time to calculate the duration, to copy the files to PC.......android is still in its infancy comparing to PALM OS

Main Phone is Centro after treo 680, My secondary phone is SIII (a phone with lots of bugs, no one never denies it)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you
    • Wipe cache
    • format system

D
    Deleted member 4219121
    If you
    • Wipe cache
    • format system