Question How to backup Watch4 app data and downloaded watch faces?

Search This thread

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
Hello community!

The built-in backup feature is extremely limited, and almost useless because it essentially backs-up only the Quick Settings screen and a handful of other Settings.

All downloaded watch faces as well as other apps (and app data) are excluded from the backup.

I have sideloaded this File Manager using EasyFireTools.

This file manager allows me backup all apks, as well as connect to my phone and PC wirelessly over the network.

But the main issue is app data. None of the watch faces come with a configuration file that can be exported/ imported, so every watch face has to be setup from scratch each time.

Is there a simpler way to backup watch face configurations as well as other Apps'data?

Thanks.

RELATED POSTS

You'll find more info and related links here:

Last edited:

spart0n

I use thema watch faces (for example I use this Chrono) and it comes with a partner app on your phone to customize more settings and it has a built-in setting saver. While not all watch faces have this, it is amazing and thema has a ton available on the playstore. They're all free with limited options but the settings save options are free and a single iap for unlocking all options.

Reactions: TheMystic

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
I use thema watch faces (for example I use this Chrono) and it comes with a partner app on your phone to customize more settings and it has a built-in setting saver. While not all watch faces have this, it is amazing and thema has a ton available on the playstore. They're all free with limited options but the settings save options are free and a single iap for unlocking all options.
I have seen some of the watch faces from thema and others like RichFace, whose phone apps look similar.

Most of the features are locked behind a paywall. Does one have to buy each feature separately or buying once unlocks all features?

On the Play Store, they say x dollars per item. So not sure what exactly that means.

spart0n

It is per watchface for thema unfortunately. But it's not unreasonable to me. Less than $2 and I use Google opinion rewards and I get $2 worth of credits in less than a month for Google play so like I said imo I don't think it's much.

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
It is per watchface for thema unfortunately. But it's not unreasonable to me. Less than $2 and I use Google opinion rewards and I get $2 worth of credits in less than a month for Google play so like I said imo I don't think it's much.
Sure, the payment for each watch face is separate. That is obvious.

My question is regarding features inside each watch face. For example, weather update, Google Fit integration, Samsung Health integration, AOD customisations, etc. are all locked behind a paywall.

Is the payment for each of these features separate, or just a single payment is required to unlock all premium features inside the watch face?

The 'Buy premium' option is shown separately against each of the premium feature. That is what is confusing. Does the 'Buy premium' unlock all premium features inside the watch face, or just that particular feature?

spart0n

My question is regarding features inside each watch face. For example, weather update, Google Fit integration, Samsung Health integration, AOD customisations, etc. are all locked behind a paywall.

Is the payment for each of these features separate, or just a single payment is required to unlock all premium features inside the watch face?

The 'Buy premium' option is shown separately against each of the premium feature. That is what is confusing. Does the 'Buy premium' unlock all premium features inside the watch face, or just that particular feature?
OH I did not understand your question. Yes it's 1 payment for all features. 1 iap for everything.

Reactions: TheMystic

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
Watch faces from RichFace, Thema, and others have pretty much everything locked behind a paywall. There is no way to test and see how the watch face would look after the user configures it the way he likes.

Going through the refund process of in-app purchase is a pain. Plus there are often licence verification issues on devices with multiple Google accounts.

I would rather install a paid app, see how it looks, and opt for refund with a single click if I don't like it.

73sydney

Hello community!

The built-in backup feature is extremely limited, and almost useless because it essentially backs-up only the Quick Settings screen and a handful of other Settings.

All downloaded watch faces as well as other apps (and app data) are excluded from the backup.

I have sideloaded this File Manager using EasyFireTools.

This file manager allows me backup all apks, as well as connect to my phone and PC wirelessly over the network.

But the main issue is app data. None of the watch faces come with a configuration file that can be exported/ imported, so every watch face has to be setup from scratch each time.

Is there a simpler way to backup watch face configurations as well as other Apps'data?

Thanks.

You will never be able to backup app data without root. Just to put that to bed.

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
You will never be able to backup app data without root. Just to put that to bed.
That's pathetic despite Android now being over 12 years old in commercial business. This is one area where Apple products are clear winners. They allow you to backup ALL app data, even if not the app themselves.

With Wear OS, the backup doesn't even include the downloaded watch faces themselves. One can't even unpair the watch without factory resetting it. When there are such limitations, the backup should be more elaborate and include the app data, including for downloaded apps and watch faces.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

OH I did not understand your question. Yes it's 1 payment for all features. 1 iap for everything.
    They should make that clear on the store description. They say x dollars per item, hence the confusion.

Thanks for clarifying this.