[how to] beginner how to twrp & global rom (step by step)

Search This thread

rayperry9

Oct 27, 2016
When I try to unlock the bootloader it gets stuck on 50% cannot verify device.
find my device is turned on.
developer mode is on.
usb debugging is on.
still stuck on 50%

tried to flash the china dev rom but it flashes in 1 second telling me it was successful but i dont believe it is as it only took 1 second and the phone remained in fastboot mode

I need help and nothing seems to be working for me to get around this 50% problem

mmmmilan

Oct 24, 2016
When I try to unlock the bootloader it gets stuck on 50% cannot verify device.
find my device is turned on.
developer mode is on.
usb debugging is on.
still stuck on 50%

tried to flash the china dev rom but it flashes in 1 second telling me it was successful but i dont believe it is as it only took 1 second and the phone remained in fastboot mode

I need help and nothing seems to be working for me to get around this 50% problem

Solution is simple: drivers. Had the same problem on two computers and I was able to unlock bootloader with fresh instalation of windows 10 on macbook air. I am not saying that you should reinstall windows, but maybe try to reinstall drivers or try on another computer.

theOriginalSuperl2

May 28, 2016
Melbourne
I could have sworn I did, so i tried the unlock program again and then repeated the steps and I got past that stage
I did run into a rather critical issue though and I really fear that I might have bricked my phone :(

So I had the issue with deleting on step 15. I ended up doing the format data and then when I got to step for installing the EU rom it's not there.
I see you have " if your copy of the xiaomi.eu rom is gone (wipe all data and no copy of the rom on your sd-card), you have to copy the rom again to the internal memory" But the phone isn't recognised by the computer so I'm not sure what I can do. Since there's no OS installed I can't reboot the phone properly to put the file in again and the computer doesn't recognise the phone in either fastboot mode or in the twrp recovery mode

If you've any suggestions I'd love to hear them cause I'm really worried I've got myself a brick!
Copy the zip to an SD card and use that

RMarques

Jan 28, 2013
Hey there guys, after my LG G3 stopped reading SIMs I decided to give a shot on the Xiaomi Redmi 5.5", 3GbRAM, 64GBROM, Helio X25.

I'm not used to any MiUi OS, nor codenames and such. I've been using CM14.1 on my LG G3 and I'd appreciate if someone here can comment if there is a way to install TWRP3.0.2 and CM14.1...or even CM13 on this device?

Thanks a lot!

kristi6.9

Dec 8, 2016
Tirana
Good work ...it helped me so much.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

You should use some capital letters though

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

and update twrp link....its a new version with bug fixes .and its fully working.

samecin

May 29, 2012
Windsor
Hello
Does anyone having Problem with connecting to Mi Theme Store.
I am having problem from last two days.
When i open theme store, it not load any theme and time out and says server down please try again later.

samecin

May 29, 2012
Windsor
HI
I have 4GB/128Gb Version
Do TWRP will work for my phone?
I read TWRP 3.0.2-2 dont work this version
Do TWRP 3.0.2.-0 Works or not?

Is there any other Recovery for Redmi Pro.
And
Can I root my Device with stock recovery?

kremmit

May 22, 2012
Google Nexus 4
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Hi,

I have this issue that the roms wont install the normal way. TWRP gives me Error 7 when flashing rom.
So first i try to install the rom and get the error 7 at the end and then i have to reboot the phone manually back into recovery and repeat the process and then it installs the rom.
Happens both on xiaomi.eu and globeROM.

Maybe someone can help me out here. No idea why this is happening.

avseq

Jan 18, 2008
Kathmandu
no device

under list of devices attached there is nothing/
usb debugging is on and i tried rebooting the device. no luck
i tried installing adb driver not the minimal one and i get the same result. can anyone help?

Knausepeter

Oct 18, 2016
under list of devices attached there is nothing/
usb debugging is on and i tried rebooting the device. no luck
i tried installing adb driver not the minimal one and i get the same result. can anyone help?

Hi, did you deactivated the driver signature unter windows?
Otherwise the Driver installation will not work even if it says it was succesful.
I can't post links but if you type "disable driver signature" in google you will find it.

franciscobcl

Dec 26, 2016
hello everyone,
here is a step by step guide to install twrp & global rom on a redmi pro with unlocked bootloader. all important information in one post...

01. download adb driver https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24521665358595410
02. download twrp recovery for redmi pro https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24686681827312051
03. download xiaomi.eu global rom for redmi pro (codename: omega) https://xiaomi.eu/community/forums/miui-weekly-rom-releases.103/
04. install downloaded adb driver
05. power on your phone and connect it to your pc via usb
06. enable developer options http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1989777
07. enable usb debugging in developer options
08. copy downloaded global rom (.zip) to your redmi pro sd-card (wipe/format all data will clean the internal memory of the redmi pro)
09. copy downloaded recovery TWRP-3.0.2-0-omega.img to adb directory
10. rename TWRP-3.0.2-0-omega.img to recovery.img
11. double click "minimal adb and fastboot" link on your desktop
12. type in the commands (without quotes " "):
"adb.exe devices" (allow usb debugging)
"adb.exe reboot bootloader" (phone will reboot into bootloader (fastboot), wait until it's done)
"fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img"
"fastboot.exe boot recovery.img" (phone boots into twrp recovery)
13. if recovery language chinese press right button to choose your language
14. press wipe, advanced wipe - choose: dalvik/art cache, system, cache, data, internal storage
15. if it works without errors jump to point 18. - if fails with errors (unable to mount /data) press wipe, format data: yes
16. reboot, recovery
17. try again: wipe, advanced wipe - choose: dalvik/art cache, system, cache, data, internal storage
18. install, choose the redmi pro rom (.zip) - if your copy of the xiaomi.eu rom is gone (wipe all data and no copy of the rom on your sd-card), you have to copy the rom again to the internal memory
19. reboot and wait, boot to new installed miui 8 took some time

have fun with this great mobile phone...
KiLLiNGDAY

I haven't access to the OS of my phone. It turns on but stay stucked on Mi logo so i can't do te 6 and 7 steps, Is there a chance to work even if i skip this two steps?

Tks!

DaveG46

May 4, 2012
Afternoon all.

So it seems I have the "dodgy" 8.0.7.0 LXKCNMA rom installed on my x25 and thought I'd have a go at updating it to the official rom, xiaomi have sent me a link to the unlock the bootloader but just wanted to ask, I like guessing that all the data will be wiped when upgrading the rom so what are the options for backing up can I just go to additional settings and choose back up & reset, will that remember apps setting passwords etc? Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello everyone,
    here is a step by step guide to install twrp & global rom on a redmi pro with unlocked bootloader. all important information in one post...

02. download twrp recovery for redmi pro https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24686681827312051
    03. download xiaomi.eu global rom for redmi pro (codename: omega) https://xiaomi.eu/community/forums/miui-weekly-rom-releases.103/
    06. enable developer options http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1989777
    08. copy downloaded global rom (.zip) to your redmi pro sd-card (wipe/format all data will clean the internal memory of the redmi pro)
    "adb.exe reboot bootloader" (phone will reboot into bootloader (fastboot), wait until it's done)
    14. press wipe, advanced wipe - choose: dalvik/art cache, system, cache, data, internal storage
    15. if it works without errors jump to point 18. - if fails with errors (unable to mount /data) press wipe, format data: yes
    16. reboot, recovery
    17. try again: wipe, advanced wipe - choose: dalvik/art cache, system, cache, data, internal storage
    18. install, choose the redmi pro rom (.zip) - if your copy of the xiaomi.eu rom is gone (wipe all data and no copy of the rom on your sd-card), you have to copy the rom again to the internal memory

KiLLiNGDAY
    I could have sworn I did, so i tried the unlock program again and then repeated the steps and I got past that stage
    I did run into a rather critical issue though and I really fear that I might have bricked my phone :(

If you've any suggestions I'd love to hear them cause I'm really worried I've got myself a brick!

don't panic... if you have a micro sdcard, connect the sdcard to your pc and copy the xiaomi.eu rom file to it. after that Insert the sdcard into the mobile phone and boot into the recovery. (press and hold volume up key and power key together. release the power key after first beep/vibration)
    install rom from sdcard as usual.

without any sdcard, connect the mobile phone to your pc and enable mtp mode in twrp recovery for file transfer. now you are able to copy the rom to the internal phone memory. after that install the rom as usual.
    Thanks 4 all but I have a problem. /sdcard unable to mount /data unable to mount. Images:

XTytEH.jpg

I've tryed installing original fastboot ROM and installing TWRP again, but same problem.

Any idea? thanks in advance.

some problem here
    but....

16. reboot, recovery
    TWRP 3.0.2.-0 Dose Works on my 4GB/128GB Version Redmi Pro.
    I also install EU ROM found on first page of this thread.
    First boot takes around 30 min so keep cool.
    Hi,
    Thanks for tips but Global rom for Redmi Pro doesn't exist t this time !
    Just Stable China rom...

hello everyone,

03. download global rom for redmi pro (codename: omega) https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/6-9-8.34062/
    08. copy downloaded global rom (.zip) to your redmi pro
    16. reboot, recovery
    18. install, choose the redmi pro rom (.zip)

KiLLiNGDAY