How To Buy Way Cheaper Chinese a Variant

Search This thread

Burt Squirtz

Feb 11, 2018
Google Pixel 6
The thread title says it all. Rather curious how I can get my hands on the Chinese version. I'm an American living in States, but those prices are ridiculously lower. The handset itself is supposed to be identical. Anyone know how I can order one?

tickertapes

Mar 6, 2016
Haywards Heath
Chinese 12GB 256GB in black with oxygen OS

Ordered mine for £780 inc delivery, hopefully will be delivered before the weekend. Sooooo excited :) I've loved my OP5T but so looking forward to wireless charging, IP68, OIS 120Hz etc.

LJAM96

May 2, 2016
Ordered mine for £780 inc delivery, hopefully will be delivered before the weekend. Sooooo excited :) I've loved my OP5T but so looking forward to wireless charging, IP68, OIS 120Hz etc.

Where did you purchase it from? With the reports of the screen issues in some phones im hesitant to order from another country in case OnePlus have an issues with warranties with phones from different regions

Last edited:

Burt Squirtz

Feb 11, 2018
Google Pixel 6

can you tell me exactly what you did to accomplish this bro? Like step-by-step. I'm assuming you went to oneplus.com/cn and used Google translate to navigate through? And it'll allow you to ship to United States?

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
can you tell me exactly what you did to accomplish this bro? Like step-by-step. I'm assuming you went to oneplus.com/cn and used Google translate to navigate through? And it'll allow you to ship to United States?

No. He most likely purchased it on a site like Wonda Mobile dot com or Trading Shenzhen dot com.

evilhomura89

Sep 15, 2013
The thread title says it all. Rather curious how I can get my hands on the Chinese version. I'm an American living in States, but those prices are ridiculously lower. The handset itself is supposed to be identical. Anyone know how I can order one?

The handset won't be identical
The Chinese version will be missing out on quite a few LTE/5G bands support in the states

4G Bands missing from China/India variant compared to US variant- B13, 25, 28, 29, 30, 66, 71
https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/g5870q/psa_chinaindias_op8_is_cheaper_but_itll_be/

Reactions: kevkid

tickertapes

Mar 6, 2016
Haywards Heath
The Chinese version will be missing out on quite a few LTE/5G bands support in the states

https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/g5870q/psa_chinaindias_op8_is_cheaper_but_itll_be/

I have bought foreign phones before and have always found ways to enable/disable bands as needed.. The Snapdragon is very versatile. I'm hoping that installing the international oxygen OS rom will configure the bands. When I get the device I will thoroughly test every band and let you know how I get on.

tickertapes

Mar 6, 2016
Haywards Heath

Attachments

• before3.PNG
    before3.PNG
    236.7 KB · Views: 448

Burt Squirtz

Feb 11, 2018
Google Pixel 6
I still have DFS tools installed on my desktop. The last time I went down this route I ended up enabling every band there was.. naughty but fun.:)

Haha your post cracks me up, mate. Did you ever get the band unlocked? I'm torn between waiting four more days until it's available in the US, or getting it off of Wonda.

Perhaps you can help me decide. When the phone arrived, did it look brand-spanking-new? Or were there fingerprints all over it? After all, they had to manually flash the international version of OOS I'm assuming? and did it come in original packaging? Or do they just take the components out and just stick it in a random box?

mikey_sk

Yep, you got it. According to DHL tracking it's in the UK already ?
I've bought phones from Wonda before without issues.
Careful the Chinese version is missing a few of the bands we use here. Think o2 is fine but the rest need band 32 I think for lte advance so you may get slower 4g speeds if on Three voda ee or their mvno's.

Maybe you can unlock bands. Wonda mobile a great trustworthy store

Last edited:

tickertapes

Mar 6, 2016
Haywards Heath
I'm in Canada and bought a pro 256gb from Alibaba for about 1240 CAD all in. Flashed with global ROM.

Very risky for general user but I've been buying equipment and components for my company from Alibaba for years now. I personally have never had an issue (with fraud anyways)
Well, just setting up my Chinese black OP8 and all seems well. VoWIFI, VoLTE, everything working beautifully. I've got a
12 GB model for less than the 8GB model. Happy bunny.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200427-210029.jpg
    Screenshot_20200427-210029.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 267

tickertapes

Mar 6, 2016
Haywards Heath
Haha your post cracks me up, mate. Did you ever get the band unlocked? I'm torn between waiting four more days until it's available in the US, or getting it off of Wonda.

Perhaps you can help me decide. When the phone arrived, did it look brand-spanking-new? Or were there fingerprints all over it? After all, they had to manually flash the international version of OOS I'm assuming? and did it come in original packaging? Or do they just take the components out and just stick it in a random box?
The seal on the box was broken to upgrade the firmware but the device was still wrapped in its protective film. I'm currently on band 20 VoLTE and the device is identifying itself as the international version. I suspect the relevant bands were enabled/disabled with the ROM change.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200427-210029.jpg
    Screenshot_20200427-210029.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 214
Reactions: crzycrkr

Pr20

Jul 20, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Question for those using chinese version in USA.

How is it working?

I want the green 256GB version and dual Sim. So going down this route might be my best option.

Only problem I see is if I have a screen issue, will be harder to return.

What do you guys think? Thanks for the replies.

Duncan1982

Feb 6, 2014
I have ordered many times from Wonda Mobile, can't rate them high enough. My 8 Pro was shipped on Monday and I had it by Saturday, 12/256gb £100 cheaper......:good:

Attachments

• 20200502_125358.jpg
    20200502_125358.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: Pr20

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

4G Bands missing from China/India variant compared to US variant- B13, 25, 28, 29, 30, 66, 71

The seal on the box was broken to upgrade the firmware but the device was still wrapped in its protective film. I'm currently on band 20 VoLTE and the device is identifying itself as the international version. I suspect the relevant bands were enabled/disabled with the ROM change.
    I have used Wonda Mobile and returned a mobile with no issues, you pay for shipping if you change your mind with a fee but if it's faulty they will reimburse you.
    I have ordered many times from Wonda Mobile, can't rate them high enough. My 8 Pro was shipped on Monday and I had it by Saturday, 12/256gb £100 cheaper......:good:
    How's the device? Concerned with the some of the issues people are having ie getting hot and screen tint.

My unit seems to be perfectly fine, no green tint issues, not sure about heat, but played an hour or so of PubG last night and all was fine ?