How to Bypass Activation Screen [LG Optimus Zone Verizon]

Search This thread

Zero Computing

Sep 12, 2012
Just in case anyone stumbles on this for the LG Optimus Exceed 2 like I did... this actually bricked the phone... it freaked out and rebooted (after bypassing the activation mind you) and then after the third time trying to reboot, complained about secure boot being violated, and now won't boot at all.

Reactions: popper668

blueman2

Oct 6, 2012
Exceed 2 activation bypass no longer working??

I just got a new LG Exceed 2 Verizon. Tried the Vol up, Vol dn, back, home key sequence. No result at all. Watched youtube video and duplicated keys exactly. Make sure I was using the right back (bottom left) and home (bottom middle) keys.

Firmware change stop the activation bypass??

kklops

Jul 16, 2012
I just got a new LG Exceed 2 Verizon. Tried the Vol up, Vol dn, back, home key sequence. No result at all. Watched youtube video and duplicated keys exactly. Make sure I was using the right back (bottom left) and home (bottom middle) keys.

I'm in the same boat as you, just bought two about an hour ago. The search continues

Reactions: AnteLo

eddiekang

Apr 24, 2011
I'm in the same boat as you, just bought two about an hour ago. The search continues

i just picked up my lg optimus verizon prepaid. i was able to bypass activation by using the vol up, vol down, back, and home button.

it didn't work for me at first but when i tried the sequence faster, it worked. try to do it as fast as you can.
also, the "home" button is the physical button that can actually press down. i was a bit confused about this.

best of luck!

blueman2

Oct 6, 2012
i just picked up my lg optimus verizon prepaid. i was able to bypass activation by using the vol up, vol down, back, and home button.

it didn't work for me at first but when i tried the sequence faster, it worked. try to do it as fast as you can.
also, the "home" button is the physical button that can actually press down. i was a bit confused about this.

best of luck!

Yup, after about 8 tries, it worked. I have no idea why. Did it the same every time without touching any other button. Tried many reboots. Perhaps it was timing, as I did get faster each time since I knew what I was doing!

BTW, I LOVE this device!!! Not using any of the cell capabilities, but as an Android device, it is wonderful. Just had to enable writing to the SD (kitkat had an issue here which you can google) and then had to move a lot of stuff to SD card since internal memory is limited.

guest_2011

Jul 20, 2012
Just bought one. What's wrong with activation screen? Its not like i have to provide my credit card number. I don't know what happened to mine. I followed instructions to activate and then accidentally pressed canceled towards the end of the process. Then it took me to android initial setup screen. I entered google email, password, connected to network. I don't plan to use it as a phone and don't care for verizon. Just needed the phone. Not sure why activation screen needs to be bypassed. Let verizon assign a new number and plan. I don't care.

ksnax

Feb 22, 2009
I just grabbed one of the Exceed 2s at Best Buy yesterday for $14.99. Unbeatable deal for a decent (expendable?) mini-wifi tablet!

Yep, just select "pay later" during the activation, then turn the cellular radio off.

kccasey

Dec 22, 2008
Buffalo
This worked like a charm to bypass the Activation screen for the LG Exceed 2 that I just picked up from BestBuy.
You don't have to be a speed demon to get it to work, but you also can't be too slow or take your time with it. With any phone, when pressing any kind of key sequence for anything, you have to press each key within less than 1 second of each key press. Kind of similar to the old days of the nintendo when pressing in a key sequence to activate cheat codes and such. You couldn't be too slow with pressing them in, otherwise the cheat code (key sequence) would not work. The faster you are, the better, but you also don't have to be road runner about it either.

When you correctly finish the key sequence, you will get a pop-up that asks you if you are sure you want to exit the Activation menu. Obviously select yes. then your good!

Lunaillij

Mar 20, 2009
Denton, MD
Simple Steps:
(NOTE: MUST RESTART PHONE DO NOT TOUCH OR CLICK ANYTHING)

1: Volume Up
2: Volume Down
3: Back Button
4: Home Button
5.) Enjoy :D

If this doesn't work PM me on XDA Developers Forum Site.

I ordered one for $15 from Amazon. It arrived today. Your trick to bypass the activation screen worked like a charm. Thanks! Now I can use the phone as an IP camera as planned.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple Steps:
    (NOTE: MUST RESTART PHONE DO NOT TOUCH OR CLICK ANYTHING)

1: Volume Up
    2: Volume Down
    3: Back Button
    4: Home Button
    5.) Enjoy :D

If this doesn't work PM me on XDA Developers Forum Site.
    Just in case anyone stumbles on this for the LG Optimus Exceed 2 like I did... this actually bricked the phone... it freaked out and rebooted (after bypassing the activation mind you) and then after the third time trying to reboot, complained about secure boot being violated, and now won't boot at all.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone