How To Bypass Fire TV 4K Checking For Updates Screen on Setup

Search This thread

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
The process is very simple. You need an unlocked bootloader and TWRP. You also need to edit the file, build.prop and add this following tweak below:
#Enable ADB Debugging By Default & Disable USB Debugging Popup
persist.adb.notify=0
persist.service.adb.enable=1
persist.service.debuggable=1
persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb

Then go ahead pair your Fire TV remote upon setup wizard, plug in your Fire TV 4K into your computer and allow adb prompt. After you've done those things type in adb shell monkey -p com.amazon.tv.oobe -v 1000. BE sure your out of the pause and play to continue and it'll bypass the checking for updates screen!

Last edited:

gabardal

May 31, 2012
Doesn't work for me on mantis, I've tried it several times. Installed 6.2.7.6, added options to build.prop on TWRP. Rebooted, paired remote and powered off the stick. Connected to computer, received adb authorization window and accepted. Pushed play/pause to start and on language selection screen, entered adb shell monkey command. Then what I assume are very fast auto button presses pass the screen, leaving me at network selection (green or yellow rectangles on item selections are shown). After I connect, the stick starts searching for updates normally. What am I doing wrong? Cheers.

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
Doesn't work for me on mantis, I've tried it several times. Installed 6.2.7.6, added options to build.prop on TWRP. Rebooted, paired remote and powered off the stick. Connected to computer, received adb authorization window and accepted. Pushed play/pause to start and on language selection screen, entered adb shell monkey command. Then what I assume are very fast auto button presses pass the screen, leaving me at network selection (green or yellow rectangles on item selections are shown). After I connect, the stick starts searching for updates normally. What am I doing wrong? Cheers.
That's normal for it to show the network selections and green/yellow boxes. You'd have to keep inputting the command really fast. It'll force the updates screen and go back to it. Try putting the monkey command 3-4 times until it goes to the device registration screen. It takes a few tries to bypass

Reactions: gabardal

gabardal

May 31, 2012
So, what screen would I be watching to know it has worked?
Edit: It eventually worked, but it's hit and miss I guess :p. You just have to keep trying, thank you very much for this.

Last edited:

bibikalka

May 14, 2015
The process is very simple. You need an unlocked bootloader and TWRP. You also need to edit the file, build.prop and add this following tweak below:
persist.adb.notify=0

Then go ahead pair your Fire TV remote upon setup wizard, plug in your Fire TV 4K into your computer and allow adb prompt. After you've done those things type in adb shell monkey -p com.amazon.tv.oobe -v 1000. BE sure your out of the pause and play to continue and it'll bypass the checking for updates screen!

This seems like an easier method:

Just boost the build number to 9..., and it should think it's already upgraded.

Reactions: Kramar111

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's normal for it to show the network selections and green/yellow boxes. You'd have to keep inputting the command really fast. It'll force the updates screen and go back to it. Try putting the monkey command 3-4 times until it goes to the device registration screen. It takes a few tries to bypass
    persist.adb.notify=0

persist.adb.notify=0

persist.adb.notify=0

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone