• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to bypass KG State and/or RMM state prenormal

Did this guide work for you?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Nelly8

Nov 28, 2018
KG locked bro i need your help my Samsung a30

I can't use my phone since it been locked and I have been trying to flash another file but I didn't succeed because of KG locked. bro is there anyway you can help me
Hello Guys :)
I want to tell how to bypass RMM state: prenormal to install TWRP
Also this will resolve "Only official binaries are allowed"

Disclaimer​
:
I am NOT responsible for any damage done if you use my guide.​

It worked for me 100% and should normally work for everybody!
Feel free to share to anyone else or to embed if you want.

-------------------------------------------------
1. Download latest Stock base via SamFirm
2. Install latest Stock base via Odin Odin v3.13.1 direct download
3. Boot into system
4. Skip the setup
5. Activate Developer settings
6. search and turn of automatic system update
7. Go to time settings and deactivate automatic time
8. Turn back the day for more than 7 days. ( I have turned to the 20th Dec 2018)
9. Search for Software update -> Don't install update
10. Look if latest time searched for updates is the date which you have set. (for me 20th Dec 2018)
11. Reboot your device
12. go into the time settings and reactivate the automatic time
13. Search again for software update - > Still don't install
14. Go to Developer settings
15. deactivate OEM Unlock and reactivate
16. Go to download mode and you will don't see RMM state anymore
18. install TWRP by odin
19. boot into TWRP
20. format data
21. reboot recovery
22. flash verity.zip // found on https://build.nethunter.com/android-tools/no-verity-opt-encrypt/
23. Et voilà! You got completely functional TWRP on your device with Pie Bootloader
24. Flash your preferred Rom!

Thanks to:
zxz0O0 for SamFirm
Have Fun :)

chrisnice906

Apr 9, 2016

StephenNP

Sep 7, 2020
RMM State: Prenormal after 16 days of waiting

Hello everyone, I've waited for 16 days total and still have RMM State: Prenormal. My phone is Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-960F/DS Exynos with Android 10 update from the 1st of September, 2020. SIM inserted, WiFi active, Google and Samsung accounts logged in. Why is Prenormal there? How to get rid of this? Flashing TWRP is impossible as I get: "Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed (RECOVERY)".
Phone region is SER.

chrisnice906

Apr 9, 2016
Hello everyone, I've waited for 16 days total and still have RMM State: Prenormal. My phone is Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-960F/DS Exynos with Android 10 update from the 1st of September, 2020. SIM inserted, WiFi active, Google and Samsung accounts logged in. Why is Prenormal there? How to get rid of this? Flashing TWRP is impossible as I get: "Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed (RECOVERY)".
Phone region is SER.
Try that video. Worked with lots of people

chrisnice906

Apr 9, 2016
I tried that for several times, it didn't work for me. In 2020 this has been fixed by Samsung already.
Dude...it works fine. Use the date I mentioned in one of my posts. I did exactly what he did and worked fine. Did it on my note 9 and 10

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Phone region is SER.
Do that video? Omg

andy01q

Dec 22, 2011
The link between
"1. Download latest Stock base via SamFirm " is dead. I'll edit if I find a new one. I don't know though, which latest Stock exactly? What is SamFirm?

edit: Samfrew, Samfim and sammobile all don't work at all.
But Frija works; big thanks to spawnlives. And also going options->Software-Update->Download and Install worked slightly faster, but that might sometimes give you an older version or no newer version at all when a newer one exist.

Last edited:

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
The link between
"1. Download latest Stock base via SamFirm " is dead. I'll edit if I find a new one. I don't know though, which latest Stock exactly? What is SamFirm?
use this instead of samfirm ( it's pretty much out of date) to download latest firmware. It just a PC tool for downloading samsung firmware. Quicker than going through website like Sammobile or updato.

Reactions: andy01q

icykwm

Aug 15, 2021
I made an account just to tell anyone who's reading this not to do any of the stuff the OP said. It's a huge time sink. This is not how "OEM unlocking" works on Samsung smartphones.
If you don't see "OEM unlocking" option in developer settings - all you have to do it connect to the internet and make sure clock is synchronised with the internet, then check for system updates. The option will appear after that.
If after you have enabled "OEM unlocking" and the data has been erased, you still see "KG STATE: prenormal" in download mode, that means you missed your chance to flash. "KG STATE" resets after a reboot. You're going to see that the "OEM unlocking" option is missing again in developer settings, even though it is actually enabled. What you need to do is go through the steps again. The "OEM unlocking" option should be present and enabled again. Right after that turn off the phone, boot into download mode and you will see "KG STATE: checking", that means you are able to flash.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
R

ReduxRoot

I made an account just to tell anyone who's reading this not to do any of the stuff the OP said. It's a huge waste of time. This is not how "OEM unlocking" works on Samsung smartphones.
If you don't see "OEM unlocking" option in developer settings - all you have to do it connect to the internet and check for system updates, the option will appear after that.
If after you have enabled "OEM unlocking" and the data has been erased, you still see "KG STATE: prenormal" in download mode, that means you missed your chance to flash. "KG STATE" resets after a reboot. You're going to see that the "OEM unlocking" option is missing again in developer settings, even though it is actually enabled. What you need to do is boot into the system, connect to the internet, finish setting up process, and check for system updates again. You don't need to do anything else - the "OEM unlocking" option is going to be present and enabled again. Right after that boot into download mode and you will see "KG STATE: checking", that means you are able to flash.
I tried your method but it didn't work, can you explain better?
Also I'm gonna try the 7 days method to see if works, I have a Samsung J600-FN Android 10.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let me see if I understand
    1. Enable OEM
    2. Wipe the device
    3. Change date and time
    4. Reboot
    5. Removed prenormal mode?
    In my case all I have to do is connect the phone to the Wi-Fi and make sure clock is synchronised with the internet by disabling and enabling "Automatic date and time" again. After I do that, the enabled "OEM unlocking" option appears and "KG STATE" is "Checking".
    If doesn't work: reboot the phone and try again, try disabling and enabling Wi-Fi, try checking for system updates.
    Let me see if I understand
    1. Enable OEM
    2. Wipe the device
    3. Change date and time
    4. Reboot
    5. Removed prenormal mode?

If in download mode you have already "OEM = OFF" but "KG State = Prenormal", then reboot to system and again:

1. Disable internet (wi-fi and eject sim cards) or just don't connect to internet if your phone is straight after factory reset.
    2. Disable automatic date & time and set date 1-2 months back.
    3. Reboot.
    4. Enable internet (insert sim or enable wi-fi).
    5. Go to settings and check for updates (date of last update check must show that fixed date after that).
    6. Disable internet and eject sim.
    7. Reboot.
    8. Set current date again.
    9. Enable wi-fi and insert sim.
    10. Go to settings, check for updates (it now have to show current date as last checked).
    11. Reboot.
    12. Go to Developer options and check if your "OEM Unlock" button is present. If it's present then just check if it is enabled and has text "Bootloader already unlocked". If OEM Unlock toggle doesn't show, then go back, and go again to Developer Options, and again back, and again to Developer options, and again back - you have to force it that way sometimes to show.

When your "OEM Unlock" toggle shows "Bootloader already unlocked", then KG State should be now "Checking" or whole KG State line in download mode should disappear.
    Hello Guys :)
    I want to tell how to bypass RMM state: prenormal to install TWRP
    Also this will resolve "Only official binaries are allowed"

Disclaimer​
    :
    I am NOT responsible for any damage done if you use my guide.​

It worked for me 100% and should normally work for everybody!
    Feel free to share to anyone else or to embed if you want.

1. Download latest Stock base via SamFirm
    2. Install latest Stock base via Odin Odin v3.13.1 direct download
    3. Boot into system
    4. Skip the setup
    5. Activate Developer settings
    6. search and turn of automatic system update
    7. Go to time settings and deactivate automatic time
    8. Turn back the day for more than 7 days. ( I have turned to the 20th Dec 2018)
    9. Search for Software update -> Don't install update
    10. Look if latest time searched for updates is the date which you have set. (for me 20th Dec 2018)
    11. Reboot your device
    12. go into the time settings and reactivate the automatic time
    13. Search again for software update - > Still don't install
    14. Go to Developer settings
    15. deactivate OEM Unlock and reactivate
    16. Go to download mode and you will don't see RMM state anymore
    18. install TWRP by odin
    19. boot into TWRP
    20. format data
    21. reboot recovery
    22. flash verity.zip // found on https://build.nethunter.com/android-tools/no-verity-opt-encrypt/
    23. Et voilà! You got completely functional TWRP on your device with Pie Bootloader
    24. Flash your preferred Rom!

Thanks to:
    zxz0O0 for SamFirm
    Have Fun :)
    this verity.zip is necessary? or can I flash another rom right after install twrp?

edit: by "update.zip" you mean the PIE Beta?

It decrypt the Userdata.
    Yes i mean the Pie Beta.
    It works perfect, I was worried because I could not find a solution, very good guide thank you very much
    Hi, I have nonroot CRLB. Is it neccessery to downgreade ?

I don't really know. The Beta was published while CRL3. So i think it is needed, but you can try. If it dont work you just can reflash CRL3 via Odin
    When I do this on Pie, the OEM Unlock toggle in Dev Options shows up. When I toggle it, it shows the following in download mode:
    RMM STATE: Prenormal
    KG STATE: Checking
    FRP LOCK: OFF
    OEM LOCK: OFF
    And I am unable to flash TWRP or any custom binaries.

So I downgraded to Oreo, and followed the exact same steps as outlined and now I cannot get the OEM toggle to show up! And of course it says Prenormal in download... but not KG State.
    RMM STATE: Prenormal
    FRP LOCK: OFF
    OEM LOCK: ON

WTF am I doing wrong??

Did you did everything step by step?
    If you miss any step it won't work