[How To] Bypass Lloyds and Santander Root Detection

Search This thread

jimger

Hey. I have lost all the sequence of this topic but i managed to find a way to have my app list hidden in order to avoid santander mexico app not to find my titanium app. There is an LSPosed module calle hide my app list (https://github.com/Dr-TSNG/Hide-My-Applist) and it does what it says. Take a look and let me know if you solve it
So far haven't. WIll spend sometime later. But I also installed it on island and still can detect titanium, swiftbackup etc. Not sure which checks santander is using

I have confirmed from non-rooted device, that it detects falsely as rooted when Magisk Manager or Edxposed Manager is installed.

Doesn't seem to care about: Titanium, SwiftBackup, Automate superuser permission, BetterBatteryStats

Last edited:

josehdx

Nov 27, 2016
So far haven't. WIll spend sometime later. But I also installed it on island and still can detect titanium, swiftbackup etc. Not sure which checks santander is using

I have confirmed from non-rooted device, that it detects falsely as rooted when Magisk Manager or Edxposed Manager is installed.

Doesn't seem to care about: Titanium, SwiftBackup, Automate superuser permission, BetterBatteryStats
That is why you can hide such "reading app list permission" with the module i am sharing here :)

jimger

That is why you can hide such "reading app list permission" with the module i am sharing here :)
Yeah I get it. But needs exposed which causes a lot of other problems for me. I have installed lposed but has some kind of se policy error unfortunately. I am just trying to find out how to defeat Santander. Even when Uninstaller magisk manager and edexposed, still was identifying root from island. I am just trying to find out where is the problem...

tyler19820201

Jun 19, 2011
London
Yeah I get it. But needs exposed which causes a lot of other problems for me. I have installed lposed but has some kind of se policy error unfortunately. I am just trying to find out how to defeat Santander. Even when Uninstaller magisk manager and edexposed, still was identifying root from island. I am just trying to find out where is the problem...
Santander works for me with latest canary + edxposed + xprivacylua. need to thick for santander in xprivacylua get applications only.

Reactions: flipside101

jimger

For Santander doesn't work. For Lloyds and Halifax it does. Also when running the test for the module itself, it detects native Access, natives tat and nativeFstat. I don't know what those are. Is it normal?

P. S. Also tried with xprivacyLua. Same thing :mad:

Last edited:

ldyte3

Nov 10, 2019
Damn so after reading all this goodness i thought i had it, got onto the santander app for about 10 seconds nothing detected continue, proceed etc, begin entering my ID and press next then boom 'root detected'. Gutted, thought i cracked it with all of your guys help.

Santander is so good at detecting, Metro bank app is happy with just magisk hide :D.

Any more idea's? When using xprivacy santander auto closes.

Beefheart

Dec 5, 2007
England
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
on xprivacylua need to thick get applications for santander. it does work for me so should work for you also.

Doesn't work for me. Everything unticked in XprivacyLUA apart from Get Applications. Try to start Santander banking app, force closes after around 2 seconds. Doesn't even get to the device is rooted error with the latest version of the app.

• Angry
Reactions: ldyte3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone got issues and fixed them with Santander Pilot? It's the only banking app for me with issues. Santander app works ok.
    Magisk alpha, lsposed, hma, shamiko. All the usual stuff installed
    Just installed PILOT on my Poco F3 in the UK, I had a notice to say that PILOT is still not ready for general release and will be available in the coming weeks. I was not able to take a screenshot, I just got a black screen (this is caused by protection)
    Hi I just installed the Halifax App on my Poco F3 without any issues, i no longer use Halifax as i switched to TSB and got £180 Cash Back, i then switched from TSB to Nationwide for another FREE £200, all the banking apps worked fine without any issues "3 months ago", My Nationwide app still works fine.

I remember having issues with G-Pay detecting root, after trying every thing, i cleaned installed the rom i was using and it worked fine again.

i use no modules on my F3 only the -SU Kernel and the KernelSU app.
    Got it working with lsposed and HMA

This is not required with Apatch, but had to migrate back to KSU as Apatch version of Zygisk next doesn't hide traces properly. V 283 worked perfect but I accidently deleted it and repos are now gone lol.

Cheers
    To anyone on magisk with Samsung that can't get banking apps working, install lsposed + knoxpatch to get secure folder working then add your app to that

Works on S22 Ultra Android 14 + Latest Magisk
    Hi All,

I've seen mention of Santander but not of Lloyds bypassing the root detection. After much trial and error it's quite simple and my method will bypass both Santander and Lloyds. If bypassing Santander just do the same for the Santander app as ive said to do with Lloyds.

<--Update 08/06/19-->

Having flashed a new rom and following my steps again I received the detection message again but was resolved by using the Canary build of Magisk Manager.

To get Magisk Manager Canary click the link below:

https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_...pp-release.apk

Once installed, open Magisk Manager and go to

settings > Update Channel > Canary

Go back to Magisk home screen and swipe down to check for updates, you'll receive an update for the canary build. Once you update follow the guides original steps below.

<--End of update-->

In Magisk Manager Settings:
    Enable Magisk Hide
    Enable Sytemless Host
    And if the option is available select "Hide Magisk"

In Adaway:

Download my exported blacklist from:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xCBB4iVA65gJTTYqbhU1qTlghVYyAL1S/view?usp=drivesdk

Then in adaway click the 3 dots in the top right to open the menu, select "Your Lists" then press the menu button again in the top right and press "Import all lists" and select the file you downloaded.

With the urls added go back to the adaway main screen and press "Download Files and Apply ad blocking" and Reboot device. If "Download Files and Apply Ad Blocking" doesn't appear, click "check for updates" and then download them which will do the same thing.

Once your phone has restarted install the Lloyds Banking app but don't open it. Go into Magisk Manager and select Magisk Hide from the menu and tick the Lloyds Banking app. Reboot phone and Lloyds should work perfectly!

I managed to do this from researching other threads and adding my own bits in so credit due elsewhere as well, as usual you can follow this guide but do so at your own risk, i take no responsibility :D
    Okay, I have managed to get access to Santander UK and Lloyds Bank, both of which were detecting root by default. It turns out that I was using Hide My Applist (HMA) in the wrong way. But the wording of that app's UI is not very helpful... I thought that I had to "enable hide" for Magisk (so that other apps wouldn't see it), but it turns out I had to "enable hide" for the apps that I wanted to hide Magisk from!

So, here is a detailed description (along with some screenshots) of how to get things working—hopefully!
    1. You will need to install Magisk and Hide My Applist (HMA). You will also need to install the following modules within Magisk: Shamiko, Universal SafetyNet Fix, and LSPosed.
    2. In the settings of Magisk, make sure 'Zygisk' is enabled and 'Enforce DenyList' is disabled.
      • You do not need to hide Magisk in this settings menu, as we will hide it later using HMA.
    3. Next, press 'Configure DenyList' and select the app you want to use.
      • In my case, this was the Santander UK app, so I will use that as an example for the remainder of these instructions.
    4. Now open the Hide My Applist (HMA) app
      1. Select 'Template manage' from the home screen
        1. Create a new blacklist template
        2. In the template name, call it "Hide Magisk"
        3. Press 'Edit list' to the right of '0 apps invisible'
        4. Select Magisk
        5. Go back, and back again (to the home screen of HMA)
      2. Select 'App manage' from the home screen
        1. Search for the app that you are wanting to use
          • In my case, this would be the Santander UK app
        2. Select the app to enter its settings menu
        3. Turn on the 'Enable hide' switch
        4. Leave the 'Work mode' switch off
        5. Under 'Template config', press "Using 0 templates"
        6. Choose the template that we created above, "Hide Magisk", and press OK
        7. Go back, and back again to the home screen
    5. At this point, we should be done
      • Reboot your phone and give the app you wanted to use another go
    Good luck!
    I think we should start leaving bad reviews on the play store for apps that go to extreme lengths to detect root/custom recovery, especially in the case of apps that treat you like a criminal just for having a custom recovery, when you aren't even rooted.
    If an app still detects that you've been "jailbroken" (eugh) when you've tried everything possible to hide it, then whatever it's doing in your file system is extremely intrusive, and that's a good enough reason to try and knock a star off their review score if you ask me.
    Apologies if this is off topic, but it's really pissing me off that so many app developers treat people like criminals just for wanting to have full control of our own devices, or to get a bit more life out of phones that would otherwise succumb to planned obsolescence when the official firmware updates dry up. Screw these guys.
    This app (Santander UK) is using Isolated Process and a scan of your installed apps to detect root.

Just use latest Magisk Canary + Repack of Manager + Riru Core v. 23.9 + Unshare Module (to enable Magisk Hide for Isolated Process) and this app will work perfectly with root. I tested on my device. (Mi 9T Pro + MIUI 12.5 - A11)

Riru Core v. 23.9 can be downloaded from Magisk Repo.

Download Riru Unshare Module from the link below:

Enable Magisk Hide for the app and its processes (uk.co.santander.santanderUK and uk.co.santander.santanderUK : oa.UB)

If the app FC right after starting you need to search for a possible installed app triggering the detection or simple revoke the permission "Get info about installed apps" at app settings (this can differ from device to device)

After every update of the app the Isolated Process name can be different so just re-add it to Magisk Hide again and everything should be fine.

More info about the exploit (Isolated Process) used by a large numbers of banks to detect Magisk:

Santander v.23.3.4 (Brazil)
    Xiaomi MI 9
    EvolutionX 7.8 (13)
    Magisk Delta 25.2
    + Zygisk - LSPosed
    + Magisk Hide (gms and appbank)
    HideMyApp (black or white list)

My custom ROM pass safetynet (Yasnac, Integrity Check) by default. After only the Magisk APK is installed continues to pass on Safetynet, but the Santander app detects root, so the bank app identifies some installed package even renamed the Magisk. HidemyApp (HMA) didn't solve the problem in standard Magisk 26.1, but worked with Magisk Delta 25.2.