[HOW TO] Carrier Switch Galaxy S8/S8+ **SNAPDRAGON**

Search This thread

TimelessPWN

Jan 29, 2017
Greenville
The $100 firmware was G920 firmware not G950 if any Moderators see this please remove comment with link to $100 firmware, I think we should try the other one guys :)

Edit: All in say I with an amount

Last edited:

Akumai

Mar 2, 2017
**TO EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT THE FRAUDULENT FIRMWARE**

Please, chargeback, if paypal notices multiple chargebacks for the same item, we can easily win the chargeback. I saw someone else in the thread say they spent 100$. Chargeback with me, and together, we might be able to not only win our appeals easily, but do damage to the scammers.

EDIT:Not to mention, these guys are from Nigeria/pakistan after further research, so, to be honest, banks would credit us in an instant

Last edited:
Reactions: TimelessPWN

jovy23

Jan 23, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Well my honest opinion guys, i wouldn't pay no money for that eng root kernel file tar. The file name is cleary named (G950XXX) meaning they don't know what they are talking about and when i seened it i just seen red flags all over it lol. I will wait until @JUSMEJOSE releases the eng boot kernel since he has been doing this for quite some time now which actually is legit and works. I'll give you about a week and we will have root for snapdragon S8/S8+.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

djhotsauce

**TO EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT THE FRAUDULENT FIRMWARE**

Please, chargeback, if paypal notices multiple chargebacks for the same item, we can easily win the chargeback. I saw someone else in the thread say they spent 100$. Chargeback with me, and together, we might be able to not only win our appeals easily, but do damage to the scammers.

EDIT:Not to mention, these guys are from Nigeria/pakistan after further research, so, to be honest, banks would credit us in an instant

I'm talking to them on whatsapp now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170502-011457.png
    Screenshot_20170502-011457.png
    222 KB · Views: 317

Akumai

Mar 2, 2017
I have no proof of it being a wrong firmware. Because I never received a link to even test.

Are they trying to claim you received firmware for the SM G950U? Tell them you know its fake, and that if you don't get a refund, you'll chargeback

Basically, they have no proof that they didnt send you the file, right?
Although, my bank is good with just knowing" I never have even came in contact with this merchant"

Point is, these guys'll probably try ripping you off if you try playing nice.

Reactions: kevkid

jovy23

Jan 23, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I have no proof of it being a wrong firmware. Because I never received a link to even test.
You will not receive a link. It's a scam. Once i got into the site and made a search for "G950XXX" they have two listings with different file sizes 26MB and 28MB of the same exact file and it isn't firmware because it would of been over 1GB in total size. They are selling a boot.img for a high price which is a scam and it isn't a engboot kernel "boot.img" for our exact device so if they try to send you something through whatsapp and you flash it then you will end up with a hardbrick buddy.Screenshot_20170502-013752.png

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: meathammer386

djhotsauce

He just offered a refund too, gonna see if that happens. Easier than expected. I've played very dirty in the past, and believe me, my bank loves me, I've never lost a claim before. I'm glad you didn't have to go that route however, it's never easy.

Where I'm from I seen people shot for less lol. I was giving them til the end of my work shift to refund me. Then that's when I was gonna put pressure on the situation.

Akumai

Mar 2, 2017
Where I'm from I seen people shot for less lol. I was giving them til the end of my work shift to refund me. Then that's when I was gonna put pressure on the situation.

I spoke to a lady earlier, when I prepped in advance, she blocked my card already cause I told her it was compromised, so, I have chargeback on standby.

Do you see the refund in your paypal account by the way? does it actually show up?

djhotsauce

I spoke to a lady earlier, when I prepped in advance, she blocked my card already cause I told her it was compromised, so, I have chargeback on standby.

Do you see the refund in your paypal account by the way? does it actually show up?

Yeah i receive an email from PayPal I'll check it the morning when I leave work. I hope they dont get anyone else. I have a cousin who's a lawyer for the United Nations to see what are my legal option for charging them with fraud.

Akumai

Mar 2, 2017
Yeah i receive an email from PayPal I'll check it the morning when I leave work. I hope they dont get anyone else. I have a cousin who's a lawyer for the United Nations to see what are my legal option for charging them with fraud.

I'd like that, it's really satisfying to be honest, the thought

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *READ FIRST*
    This thread is now completely dedicated to the aspect of Carrier Switching on the Snapdragon model of the Galaxy S8/S8+, the current root progress can be seen here:
    Current ROOT Progress for G950U/G955U Snapdragon

Please Note that if your device is network locked this WILL NOT unlock it for use on other carriers, however it will allow the switching of carriers and carrier specific features on network unlocked devices just by changing sim cards, the device will reboot and your done. As for those with a network locked device this thread still applies to you, if you are interested in a bloat free experience(that is faster and smoother than stock touchwiz), on your Galaxy S8/S8+

Let's Begin!
    1. Download the firmware for the unlocked S8/S8+ here:
      G950U1UE1AQDC_XAA
    2. Download the Prince Cosmy version of Odin here:
      Odin_3.12.3_Modified
    3. Enable developer options on your device:
      Settings----->About Phone----->Click Build Number 7 times
    4. Enable USB Debugging:
      Settings----->Developer Options-----USB Debugging
    5. Put your device into download mode: Volume Down + Bixby + Power
      (accept the warning and connect your device to your computer)
    6. Take the G950U1.zip you downloaded in step 1 and extract it, then place the BL,AP,CP,and CSC files into their corresponding places within Odin and press start
    7. Once finished the device will boot back up and you will be free to disconnect it from your computer
    8. You now have the unlocked, bloat free, firmware on your S8/S8+

CONTRIBUTORS
    @Maltego for hosting files
    @mweinbach for originally getting the unlocked firmware and for posting a tutorial on flashing it
    @Acoustichayes for creating a dedicated root thread​
    Just to chime in before people start heading down the wrong path and getting too excited.
    Fastboot doesn't work on Samsung devices.
    OEM unlock is merely to disable Google's FRP Lock and has nothing to do with the manufacturers bootloader lock.
    All Qualcomm S8's will have a locked bootloader as confirmed by Samsung.
    Nothing custom including TWRP can be flashed to this device except the possibility of a custom rom.

The factory binary (combination firmware) is not the full Engineering binary.
    The S7 had the full Engineering binary, so the exploit used on that won't work on the S8.

Only the boot.img from the factory software needs to be flashed.
    This allows the device to boot in permissive mode, dmverity disabled, kernel rooting restrictions disabled and adb enabled by default.

Having dealt with these binaries to gain root on other bootloader locked devices.
    Adb method won't work because a full root shell with write access isn't possible.

The method that has worked for Marshmallow is to use King root to gain root then SuperSUME to convert.

OEM unlock must still be enabled and the factory binary must remain or the device will soft brick.
    Factory Binary Firmware for G955U
    MD5: e5ec00ac34efa8f42b81af3f8478d71c
    This thread was initially started as a root/carrier switching research and development thread, it has veered more towards the aspect of carrier switching but there still is a hangouts group of a few devs working on root, including some from the dirty santa exploit on the v20. Any devs interested in joining PM me or elliwigy. As for the comments please refrain from putting others down, being negative/disrespectful, and if these comments persist to all others please ignore them! Thank you all for the effort put into this thread hopefully we will be able to achieve root (without an eng kernel lol) and full carrier switch!

Thank You,
    TimelessGoD
    Good call going exynos. Be careful these snapdragon owners are very fussy they can't get anything working after 900+ posts

be careful of these exynos users clogging up a snapdragon thread with negativity as they dont seem know what theyre doing or how to contribute either