• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to change App Drawer icon?

Search This thread

madcapfrog

Feb 26, 2012
Hi to all talented themers :)
Is there a way to change widget icon on Emui8, especially for " screen lock " widget?
W77Vpm.jpg

Last edited:

madcapfrog

Feb 26, 2012
Just trying to modify stock Mate 10 theme, everything is ok except Google apps and Whatsapp.
For icon names using package name;

com.google.android.apps.docs : drive
com.google.android.apps.maps : maps
com.google.android.keep : keep
com.android.vending : play store
com.google.android.apps.photos : photos
com.google.android.gm : gmail
com.whatsapp : whatsapp

what i am missing, any help pls?

madcapfrog

Feb 26, 2012
To change this icon go to com.android.systemui (in .hwt file) and there /res/drawable-xxhdpi folder. Put here ic_onekey_widget_preview.png and ic_onekey_widget_shortcut.png with icon you like.

Unfortunately, it didn't work :(
First, there was no " com.android.systemui " in stock theme (Stone.hwt) so i did put that two .png file inside " com.huawei.android.launcher/res/drawable-xxhdpi " (no luck)
Then i made " com.android.systemui/res/drawable-xxhdpi " and did copy there but still it didn't work. Probably i am doing something wrong because i am newbee.

Beside that still all icons except google apps and whatsapp changing but not them :(

mr.mrcn

Jul 28, 2014
Lhasa
First, there was no " com.android.systemui " in stock theme (Stone.hwt) so i did put that two .png file inside " com.huawei.android.launcher/res/drawable-xxhdpi " (no luck)
Then i made " com.android.systemui/res/drawable-xxhdpi " and did copy there but still it didn't work. Probably i am doing something wrong because i am newbee.

Beside that still all icons except google apps and whatsapp changing but not them :(

Ok, let's try again - download the com.android.systemui file from my link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=13EbXG5x2O_4GcV3rrf63rDfGpxIGvzwA

Replace icons inside and put into .hwt file.

BTW - you can always download one of my themes (link in my signature) and you can find in some of them correct icons names for google apps or whatsapp.

Last edited:
Reactions: madcapfrog

madcapfrog

Feb 26, 2012
I dont know how to thank you but it worked with your file, thank you very much @mr.mrcn

For google apps and whatsapp, i am basing your " XDA Exclusive for EMUI 5/8 " theme.
Only difference is, you have more than one png files but i am using only one png for each app, icon names are correct.
I thougt this is because you are theming also apps, should i use multiple names for same icon like you?

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 239
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

mr.mrcn

Jul 28, 2014
Lhasa
I dont how to thank you but it worked with your file, thank you very much @mr.mrcn

For google apps and whatsapp, i am basing your " XDA Exclusive for EMUI 5/8 " theme.
Only difference is, you have more than one png files but i am using only one png for each app.
I thougt this is because you are theming also apps, should i use multiple names for same icon like you?

No. it's not necessary :) Main icon usually is enough.

madcapfrog

Feb 26, 2012
For app drawer icon; If i am not mistaken it's going inside " com.huawei.android.launcher/res/drawable-xxhdpi ".
But i could not find the correct icon name :(

Edit : Found it, maybe someone else also can need it;
ic_allapps.png
ic_allapps_pressed.png

Last edited:
Reactions: wilvic

kkaya

Jun 2, 2018
What program to use to access the. hwt files?

For app drawer icon; If i am not mistaken it's going inside " com.huawei.android.launcher/res/drawable-xxhdpi ".

ic_allapps.png
ic_allapps_pressed.png

Hello everyone and thank you for the thread so far. I know this post is a little older but hopefully you still know how you did your magic with the themes :D

I wanted to edit the app drawer icon just like you on a stock theme. I pulled the stock theme via adb but when I try to save the changes via Huaweis own hwt Tool it gives me many errors and it won't save (because I don't have all icons for the apps for example).

On the file explorer of my phone I can look into the. hwt file but I can't edit it. what do you use to edit it?

kind regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi to all talented themers :)
    Is there a way to change widget icon on Emui8, especially for " screen lock " widget?
    W77Vpm.jpg

To change this icon go to com.android.systemui (in .hwt file) and there /res/drawable-xxhdpi folder. Put here ic_onekey_widget_preview.png and ic_onekey_widget_shortcut.png with icon you like.

Ok, let's try again - download the com.android.systemui file from my link:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=13EbXG5x2O_4GcV3rrf63rDfGpxIGvzwA

Replace icons inside and put into .hwt file.

BTW - you can always download one of my themes (link in my signature) and you can find in some of them correct icons names for google apps or whatsapp.

ic_allapps.png
    ic_allapps_pressed.png