• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[How-to] Change background of smart cover window of Find7a; flashable zip included

Search This thread

leihuwan

Jan 10, 2012
DISCLAIMER
Flash at your own risk.

INTRODUCTION
Hello everyone, This is my first time posting my own thread, I've been lurking around these forums since the release of Galaxy Note 1 (N7000) ,my first android phone. I've learnt to flash custom roms, root devices, etcetera. This is my first time I've extracted and repacked an apk file.

Anyways, I've learnt how to change the background wallpaper of the Smart Cover app whilst the cover is on the phone. I've used this site as my source; http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/m...-sfondo-per-le-custodie-easy-cover-etc.17149/

Credits goes to the author for the original apk and zip files. I am no app developer neither am I proficient in creating custom scripts or apk files. I just repacked the apk and zip files and replaced the jpg files located here:
\system\app\OppoLeather\res\drawable-hdpi\window_bg.jpg
\system\app\OppoLeather\res\drawable-xxhdpi\window_bg.jpg
The first 3 flashable files were created by the aforementioned author from the linked forum.

INSTRUCTIONS
I flashed this using the custom ROM, Kulay OS v1.1 on my Find 7a X9006, on CWM Philz Touch Recovery 6.42.2.

I believe you will not face any problem using the stock ROM on any Custom Recovery.

1. First download the attached 7zip file, then extract
  2. Choose your preferred flashable zip based on the attached screenshots in this thread
  3. Copy it in the internal/External SD card of your phone
  4. Reboot into recovery
  5. Perform a wipe cache and Dalvik-cache (you will not lose your settings and apps installed)
  6. Select the zip file you downloaded earlier and flash
  7. Reboot the phone

SCREENSHOTS/ DOWNLOADS
You may also click the pic for their individual download links

BG 01: BG 02:

BG 03: BG 04:

BG 05: BG 06:

BG 07: BG 08:

BG 09: BG 10:

BG 11: BG 12:

PS
I am using NILLKIN Thin PU Leather Smart Flip Pounch Cover Case for Oppo Find 7 X9007 if anyone asks.

Last edited:

DonVito2020

Apr 8, 2011
Hi leihuwan,
Thanks for the fine work. Working fine on my 9076, but it doesn't wake the screen when i open the smart cover. I have to double tap to wake it. Although not a big problem, would be nice to see a fix for it.
Once again thank you. :)
P.S tried four of your mods and the problem persists on all of them.

Reactions: MB48

MB48

Oct 23, 2014
Hey,

I love this, thanks a lot! I always use BG 01, it's perfect.

However, it does not wake the device anymore if you use the new ColorOS 2.0.0i

Will you fix this? I'd love to continue using it, but if it prevents the device from waking up I can't

leihuwan

Jan 10, 2012
Hi leihuwan,
Thanks for the fine work. Working fine on my 9076, but it doesn't wake the screen when i open the smart cover. I have to double tap to wake it. Although not a big problem, would be nice to see a fix for it.

What version of ColorOS are you using? Have you tried setting screen lock to None at Settings > Safety & Privacy > Screen Lock?

Hey,

I love this, thanks a lot! I always use BG 01, it's perfect.

However, it does not wake the device anymore if you use the new ColorOS 2.0.0i

Will you fix this? I'd love to continue using it, but if it prevents the device from waking up I can't

I am terribly sorry. Truthfully I am not a programmer and my knowledge in coding and packaging APK files is very limited. I only translated the instructions I've discovered at oppoforums seen at the link at OP. Maybe they changed something in the apk of the official ColorOS 2.0 release. If someone more knowledgeable than me is present, feel free to chime in. :D

MB48

Oct 23, 2014
I am terribly sorry. Truthfully I am not a programmer and my knowledge in coding and packaging APK files is very limited. I only translated the instructions I've discovered at oppoforums seen at the link at OP. Maybe they changed something in the apk of the official ColorOS 2.0 release. If someone more knowledgeable than me is present, feel free to chime in. :D
Alright, thanks.
I read what you did and fixed the problem myself since it's pretty easy.

I took the original OppoLeather.apk of ColorOS 2.0.0i and modified the background of it and put it in your .zip
This works without problems for me and the device now wakes up properly. Yes, they did some changes to it in 2.0.0i.
If anyone else wants it, in the attachment is a working flashable .zip for ColorOS 2.0.0i with Background picture 1 of the original post.

huffaz841

Nov 1, 2014
please help...

Alright, thanks.
I read what you did and fixed the problem myself since it's pretty easy.

I took the original OppoLeather.apk of ColorOS 2.0.0i and modified the background of it and put it in your .zip
This works without problems for me and the device now wakes up properly. Yes, they did some changes to it in 2.0.0i.
If anyone else wants it, in the attachment is a working flashable .zip for ColorOS 2.0.0i with Background picture 1 of the original post.

I suggest you to make a tutorial review....please,I have no idea on how to do it.....appreciate your kindness.....

MB48

Oct 23, 2014
I suggest you to make a tutorial review....please,I have no idea on how to do it.....appreciate your kindness.....

Find the oppoleather.apk (it's somewhere in the /root partition of the phone)
copy it to your computer
rename it from .apk to .zip
you can now open it with any zip browser.
Replace the window_bg.jpg in /res/drawable-hdpi and /res/xxhdpi with a picture of your choice.
Make sure your picture is also a .jpg, has the exactly same name and resolution.
After you replaced the pictures in the .zip you can close your file browser and rename the file into .apk
Your apk is now modified.

To flash it:
Download any of the flashable .zip's the creator of this thread put up.
when you have a flashable .zip open it.
In there will be the OppoLeather.apk and some other files. Replace the OppoLeather.apk with your modified .apk.
Make sure your apk has the exact same name as the one you're replacing it with.
After replacing you can close your file browser and copy the modified flashable .zip on your phone.
Now you only have to flash it (see instructions in first post).

Feregorn

Jun 10, 2009
Paris
Hi! I know this is an old thread, but I have a question concerning this little mod. I recently got the N3 and since the cover had a square window, the default easy cover window of the OPPO N3 is a circle.

So, I decided to flash one of the modified packages provided by the op and they work great. However, there is a slight misalignment - unsurprisingly - due to the resolution and size differences between the 7/7a and the N3. What I would like to know, is whether it is possible to to decompile and modify the apk, in order to place the small window screen a bit higher. I have decompiled the apk myself, but I haven't yet figured which string to modify.

A small help would be greatly appreciated!!!

lapocompris

Dec 3, 2012
Hi! I know this is an old thread, but I have a question concerning this little mod. I recently got the N3 and since the cover had a square window, the default easy cover window of the OPPO N3 is a circle.

So, I decided to flash one of the modified packages provided by the op and they work great. However, there is a slight misalignment - unsurprisingly - due to the resolution and size differences between the 7/7a and the N3. What I would like to know, is whether it is possible to to decompile and modify the apk, in order to place the small window screen a bit higher. I have decompiled the apk myself, but I haven't yet figured which string to modify.

You can do it manually with a root enable file browser.
Find the OppoLeather.apk in /system/app/Oppoleather, copy it into your phone storage then transfer it to your computer, open the apk with 7-Zip, navigate to find window_bg_circle (.png or jpg), extract it, modify the picture while keeping its dimensions, put it back into the apk, transfer the apk in your phone storage. With the file browser, change the suffix of the original OppoLeather.apk into .bak, copy the modified apk into the /system/app/Oppoleather folder, modify its permissions according to the old file (i.e. rw-r--r--). That's it.

Reactions: Feregorn and RobboW

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER
    Flash at your own risk.

INTRODUCTION
    Hello everyone, This is my first time posting my own thread, I've been lurking around these forums since the release of Galaxy Note 1 (N7000) ,my first android phone. I've learnt to flash custom roms, root devices, etcetera. This is my first time I've extracted and repacked an apk file.

Anyways, I've learnt how to change the background wallpaper of the Smart Cover app whilst the cover is on the phone. I've used this site as my source; http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/m...-sfondo-per-le-custodie-easy-cover-etc.17149/

Credits goes to the author for the original apk and zip files. I am no app developer neither am I proficient in creating custom scripts or apk files. I just repacked the apk and zip files and replaced the jpg files located here:
    \system\app\OppoLeather\res\drawable-hdpi\window_bg.jpg
    \system\app\OppoLeather\res\drawable-xxhdpi\window_bg.jpg
    The first 3 flashable files were created by the aforementioned author from the linked forum.

INSTRUCTIONS
    I flashed this using the custom ROM, Kulay OS v1.1 on my Find 7a X9006, on CWM Philz Touch Recovery 6.42.2.

I believe you will not face any problem using the stock ROM on any Custom Recovery.

1. First download the attached 7zip file, then extract
    2. Choose your preferred flashable zip based on the attached screenshots in this thread
    3. Copy it in the internal/External SD card of your phone
    4. Reboot into recovery
    5. Perform a wipe cache and Dalvik-cache (you will not lose your settings and apps installed)
    6. Select the zip file you downloaded earlier and flash
    7. Reboot the phone

SCREENSHOTS/ DOWNLOADS
    You may also click the pic for their individual download links

BG 01: BG 02:

BG 03: BG 04:

BG 05: BG 06:

BG 07: BG 08:

BG 09: BG 10:

BG 11: BG 12:

PS
    I am using NILLKIN Thin PU Leather Smart Flip Pounch Cover Case for Oppo Find 7 X9007 if anyone asks.

You can do it manually with a root enable file browser.
    Find the OppoLeather.apk in /system/app/Oppoleather, copy it into your phone storage then transfer it to your computer, open the apk with 7-Zip, navigate to find window_bg_circle (.png or jpg), extract it, modify the picture while keeping its dimensions, put it back into the apk, transfer the apk in your phone storage. With the file browser, change the suffix of the original OppoLeather.apk into .bak, copy the modified apk into the /system/app/Oppoleather folder, modify its permissions according to the old file (i.e. rw-r--r--). That's it.
    Hi @leihuwan,

Can I include this work as an option during installation in Kulay ROM in my next release?
    update

Updated OP for more backgrounds (07 to 12), included individual download links per pic via mediafire
    Hi leihuwan,