Question HOW TO CHANGE BOOT ANIMATION

Search This thread

jwidel

Jun 25, 2021
Is there anyone who can provide information on how to 9 pro boot/shutdown-animation and or the bootloader unlocked warning splash screen?

randylahey786

Oct 22, 2021

MikeBl1

Apr 27, 2013
insert in product / media does not work, read-only. Authorization cannot be changed either. What now?

does this module exist? Can't find anything about it
Sorry for the delay, I didn't get a notification for this since it wasn't a reply or quote.

A module would have to be manually built using a specific boot animation. It would have to overwrite the system file during boot, then most likely trigger a restart of the system UI (because by the time magisk overwrites the file, it has already read the original bootanimation.zip). It's not a very clean solution, but it may be the only way now that system partitions are read-only. There are a few more details in this thread, but I'm not aware of any sort of universal module that does this.

Another thought: I wonder if it's still possible to mount system partitions read/write from within TWRP when the system isn't booted? I'm guessing not, but it may be worth trying if you're still on OOS11. I can't test since I'm on OB1 now.

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Sorry for the delay, I didn't get a notification for this since it wasn't a reply or quote.

A module would have to be manually built using a specific boot animation. It would have to overwrite the system file during boot, then most likely trigger a restart of the system UI (because by the time magisk overwrites the file, it has already read the original bootanimation.zip). It's not a very clean solution, but it may be the only way now that system partitions are read-only. There are a few more details in this thread, but I'm not aware of any sort of universal module that does this.

Another thought: I wonder if it's still possible to mount system partitions read/write from within TWRP when the system isn't booted? I'm guessing not, but it may be worth trying if you're still on OOS11. I can't test since I'm on OB1 now.
Why are you still on OB1? Update to OB2! Night and day compared to OB1. Lol

Reactions: null0seven

Steve0007

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
May 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
I made one long time ago with Cyberpunk boot animation along with plenty of others stuffs/modspack.
If anyone interested I can prepare the cyberpunk boot animation module ?

MikeBl1

Apr 27, 2013

no longer works on op9pro (oos11), has to wait for module

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    insert in product / media does not work, read-only. Authorization cannot be changed either. What now?
    My understanding is that it can only be done with a magisk module since you cannot mount system partitions RW in A11/OOS11.

Why are you still on OB1? Update to OB2! Night and day compared to OB1. Lol