• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to change CSC for SM-G991U?

Search This thread

quadrun1

Aug 25, 2010
Hello,

I have a SIM unlocked S21 from Xfinity Mobile that I'm now using on Verizon Wireless. I need to change the CSC to VZW, anyone know how? I tried all the dialer codes, and also SamKEY but no luck so far.

SamKEY says "unsupported firmware, please downgrade your firmware".

quadrun1

Aug 25, 2010
Thanks, I tried that but somehow it ignores that the VZW SIM card is VZW, and it keeps the CSC as CCT/CCT/CCT.

Even putting in an AT&T sim card, it still keeps it as CCT/CCT/CCT. The carrier name is stuck as "Xfinity Mobile" also, no matter the SIM.

I wish Samsung would implement the "BYOD" thing already for this phone.. Or maybe SamKEY will work eventually...

quadrun1

Aug 25, 2010
What's interesting is that it changes the APN to the correct one automatically for the 3 SIM cards I've tried (VZW, CCT, ATT)

Firmware bug I guess, or Samsung has not yet fully implemented the "BYOD" feature referenced here:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since January 2021, it's not easy to change CSC, some people do it by flashing firmwares then block whatever app checks SIM & CSC compatibility.

You can check this thread if you're into action.