How to change default app for Alarm clock

Search This thread

NEERO

Apr 21, 2013
Hi there

I'm using "Timely" for setting up alarm rather then the default "Clock" app.

Now the thing is that alarms set via Timely do not show the alarm notification in the top left corner on the Notifications bar.

Note : All notifications are turned on.

Only alarm set via default clock app shows up on top left.

Also I tried to set Timely as default app but the option that says "Set as default" is greyed out and hence can't be used.

Would highly appreciate your help and thank you for your time.

Regards

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190920-014721_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190920-014721_Settings.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 207
Reactions: derjaeger

rcobourn

Feb 12, 2009
Both of those things are working as designed. The system alarm notification is only generated by the system alarm app. Timely is responsible for it's own notifications. The Set As Default menu item is designed to show any intents the app is set to handle by default, and allow you to clear them, not to set the app as default for an intent. If you aren't pleased with the notifications Timely creates, you should address that to their support.

Reactions: NEERO

NEERO

Apr 21, 2013
Both of those things are working as designed. The system alarm notification is only generated by the system alarm app. Timely is responsible for it's own notifications. The Set As Default menu item is designed to show any intents the app is set to handle by default, and allow you to clear them, not to set the app as default for an intent. If you aren't pleased with the notifications Timely creates, you should address that to their support.
Noted, with thanks.

In this case Timely does not show any notification at all after the alarm is created, will contact it's developer.

Regards

rcobourn

Feb 12, 2009
It looks like Timely has some serious problems with recent versions of Android. Look at the reviews. You might look for an alternative. I use Alarmy. It works, although the notifications aren't reliable. At least the alarms are very reliable.

NEERO

Apr 21, 2013
It looks like Timely has some serious problems with recent versions of Android. Look at the reviews. You might look for an alternative. I use Alarmy. It works, although the notifications aren't reliable. At least the alarms are very reliable.

Yes, received an automated response from developer saying they are too busy due to apps popularity and can't respond.

I will look to use the in built Clock app.
Atleast it will work for sure.

Kalm_Traveler

Dec 8, 2011
I use Google's clock app instead of the Samsung clock app, and it shows the system alarm icon.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Have you allowed the desired app notification access? If it isn't allowed to add icons to the notification bar then it won't even if the developer of the app tries to fix it...
These are the new security settings for Android which seem to get tighter with every new iteration...
Sorry if I don't seem to be making much sense, only had a few hours sleep in the last few days...

NEERO

Apr 21, 2013
Have you allowed the desired app notification access? If it isn't allowed to add icons to the notification bar then it won't even if the developer of the app tries to fix it...
These are the new security settings for Android which seem to get tighter with every new iteration...
Sorry if I don't seem to be making much sense, only had a few hours sleep in the last few days...
Yes Notifications were on. I switched to Samsung default clock. Guess the less apps the better.

And thank you for your feedback.

derjaeger

Jul 24, 2015
As far as this can help, I recently switched to an android 11 device (also rooted) and am experiencing the same trouble: on my previous phone (sony xperia XZP, android 9) my favourite app AlarmDroid took hold of everything doing the following:
  1. starting automatically
  2. showing the clock icon on the upper bar
  3. correctly playing its alarms
  4. NOT showing in the app in the running apps list
Now, on android 11 happens this:
  1. app does not start automatically
  2. clock icon is shown only if app is running
  3. app correctly plays alarm only if manually started
  4. app shows in running app list: if you close it there it will STOP working and you have to restart it manually
COnsidering that AlarmDroid is quite stable/seasoned code, it looks like woes are due to android 11, which, also, does not show an option to change the default alarm app.

Is there any way to solve this?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there

I'm using "Timely" for setting up alarm rather then the default "Clock" app.

Now the thing is that alarms set via Timely do not show the alarm notification in the top left corner on the Notifications bar.

Note : All notifications are turned on.

Only alarm set via default clock app shows up on top left.

Also I tried to set Timely as default app but the option that says "Set as default" is greyed out and hence can't be used.

Would highly appreciate your help and thank you for your time.

Regards
    tested with my alarm app too. seems like a bug?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk