How to change MAC address

ade05fr

Nov 4, 2015
Hi everyone,
I have just rooted my mi9 and wanted to use apk changeMacAddress to be able to connect in my man to a tv network (in fact it's related to my old smartphone with his Mac address) but I can't change it.

How can I do this?
Thanks

ade05fr

Nov 4, 2015
I find folder containing mac address but i didnt succeed to update the mac address, its located on /data/vendor/mac_addr/wlan_mac.bin
in fact after a reboot the original mac address is reset to the factory one.
How can i force to use the updated mac address ?
which daemon update those file ?

thanks for your help
PS : i updated to the latest TWRP from [RECOVERY][MI9] TWRP 3.3.1-7 by siankatabg to decrypt the folders and scan the FS.

svzodiac

Oct 6, 2017
Hi Bro . please help to force mac address

How can you do that ?
i'm same your stituation before ?
I want to force mac address . I already rooted my device
Installed Magisk 20.1 and Twrp newly
I used Mi K20 Pro Miui 11 new
I'm come from Viet Nam

Last edited:

wumingxiaozu

Dec 3, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have just rooted my mi9 and wanted to use apk changeMacAddress to be able to connect in my man to a tv network (in fact it's related to my old smartphone with his Mac address) but I can't change it.

How can I do this?
Thanks
i met the same problem,but,some times i can use some apps to change,but ,after rebooting ,it still factory one also.....

sd24sep

Nov 25, 2013
Sorry for reviving old thread, just in case anybody interested in solution, leave alone /data/vendor/mac_addr/wlan_mac.bin and create /mnt/vendor/persist/wlan_mac.bin (or wherever persist is mounted) with a line wlan0=(desired mac address) and reboot. (At least should work with xiaomi devices)