• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to change picture of "Drag to unlock your nook" screen that shows after boot?

Search This thread

antboy9

Dec 22, 2014
How to change picture of "Drag to unlock your nook" screen that shows after boot?

How to change picture of "Drag to unlock your nook" screen that shows after boot, for NSTG with firmware 1.2.1 ?

This screen shows the photo of the park pines tree, and I want to change it but don't know where it needs to be changed.

I thought it was /system/media/screensaver/default.png as this was the same, but having changed that, I'm still seeing the tree pic.

N

NOOK!E

How to change picture of "Drag to unlock your nook" screen that shows after boot, for NSTG with firmware 1.2.1 ?

This screen shows the photo of the park pines tree, and I want to change it but don't know where it needs to be changed.

I thought it was /system/media/screensaver/default.png as this was the same, but having changed that, I'm still seeing the tree pic.

It is /system/media/screensaver/default.png. However, to really make it change, you have to change the corresponding image in one of the system screensavers folders (./authors or ./nature) to the same image as default.png.

For example, my 1.2.1 NSTG came with the image /system/media/screensaver/authors/Bronte_Sisters.png as the default.png image. I have changed it to just a simple black 600x800 image. To do that, I made two copies of the black image and named them default.png and Bronte_Sisters.png. I then replaced the original default.png with the black one, and the original Bronte_Sisters.png with the black one.

To use this for yourself, just find out the name of your default tree image by looking in /system/media/screensaver/nature. Then, just do what I did in the previous paragraph.

Hope this helps!